Living Miracle

Eden's Kiss

Sunlight was barely streaming through the windows when her cell phone interrupted her sleep.

What the heck? the girl pried open her eyes and glanced at her alarm clock. Who in the world calls people at five in the morning?

Grumbling under her breath, she stabbed the call button without even bothering to check the caller ID and raised her cell phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

"YOOJIN-AH!!!" hollered a way-too-energetic voice. "Did I wake you?"

Oh, for goodness sake, Yoojin thought crankily. When will I ever get to scream in his ear early in the morning?

"Yah, Choi Minho! Who gave you the right to make me deaf at five in the morning?"

Even over the phone, she could see his giddy grin playing on his lips.

"Well, I am the president's son," he reminded her. "That should count for something, shouldn't it?"

Yoojin rolled her eyes. "When did you become so egotistical?"

"Just now~"

"Smart-mouth," she muttered under her breath.

"What was that?" Minho inquired, still in his teasing tone. Heaving a sigh, she answered, "I said, get off the phone, egotistical jerk!"

He laughed. "Mind you, this egotistical jerk just happens to be your best fr—"

"SHUT UP!"

"Bye, Yoojin-ah~"

The girl moaned and resisted the urge to hurl her Galaxy S4 against the wall. When she'd finished her studying, it was already three in the morning that day. And, as much as she loved her best friend, she was supremely irked when the royal highness decided to give her a wake-up call.

"What a fine way to start the day," Yoojin fumed as she trudged into the showers. "Choi Minho, I hope you're ready to face my wrath."

 

"Oppa, that was not nice at all."

Minho, who'd been chortling to himself for the last minute, now looked at his younger sister with a childish glint.

"Well, maybe it wasn't nice," he grinned. "But it was funny."

Dahee crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "You won't be laughing when unnie comes to kill you for the millionth time."

Minho snorted, obviously unafraid. "It wouldn't be the first time she'd be ressurecting me, either."

Dahee exhaled. Her older brother, even though he was on the verge of turning eighteen, acted like he was ten years younger.

"Oppa, you're her best friend," she said at last.

Minho sighed, hoping he would avoid another one of his sister's mini-lectures. "Thank you, Miss Obvious."

"If there's anyone on the planet that knows her the best, it's you," Dahee continued. "So...maybe you should put yourself in her shoes, and think about what she's going through right now." With a shake of her head, she added, "She probably went to bed at three again...poor unnie."

But, instead of being swallowed up in his guilt like she'd hoped he'd be, her brother just smiled at her. His eyes, however, sparkled more with a tender sentiment.

"Yeah, and because we're that close," he murmured, "is how I know that she'll survive through everything. I'm the best friend of a living miracle."