Two

A won for your thoughts?

Seunghyun smiled back and Dara began her story.

"I broke up with my boyfriend of two years" Dara started, "but I still very much love him."

Seunghyun looked at her with confusion, "If you loved him, why did you break up with him?"

"Because..." Dara looked down and twiddled her fingers. There was a bit of silence before she started again, "Because, I never wanted to be his number one." TOP was even more confused, but instead of saying something, he let her continue.

"Being number one," Dara continued,"meant that there was a number two and I wanted to be the only one."

Flashback

2 years ago

It's been almost a year since she met up with her college best friends. After they graduated, they all just became so busy with their own lives, they had no time to meet with each other. Minzy became a sought after dance instructor. Bom started her own small but ever so famous hair and make up salon and CL became a famous fashion designer. Dara was a journalist. She was a popular writer, but no one but her closest friends know for she writes under the pen name of Santoki.

They all decided to go out one night to catch up. They decided to go to this classy but up beat club. Dara thought it was going to be a fun filled girls night out. Unfortunately, for her, she was the only single one and for some reason or the other, all her friends brought their significant other. Dara went to the club first. There she saw her friends arrive one after the other or rather in pairs. Bom with Youngbae, Minzy with Daesung and CL with Seungri.

"What is this?" Dara smiled, "Couple's night?" Dara didn't really mind that they brought their significant others, well, until she was left all alone at the bar. The couple's were dancing on the dance floor. At first it was fun to watch because the guys were glaring at every guy in the club that even got slightly close to their girlriends. She was also asked to dance a couple of times, and she did, but was bored soon enough. She got tired and went to the bar again. She ordered her usual which was a tequila sunrise. As she was watching her friends, she smiled, and was a bit envious of them. Sure, she wasn't looking for a relationship, and although she's being going out with different guys from time to time, she wasn't prepared to be in one.

While she took a sip of her drink, she noticed a guy two seats away from her. The guy, like her was alone, but unlike her, he was miserable, but she didn't notice.  All she thought about was that she wanted company and it seemed like he needed company, so she got off her seat and sat next to him.

"Hey...." Dara was about to start to flirt with him, but when he turned his face towards her, she stopped. When they made eye contact, all she could see was a broken man, and rather then flirt, she asked him if he was okay.

Jiyong smirked, "Okay? Do I look OKAY?" He was obviously drunk. "She left me and your asking me if I'm OKAY?"

Dara was taken aback by the the fireceness in his voice, but no one noticed because of the loud music. She was shocked, but she didn't move. She just continued to listen.

Jiyong continued, "Ever since she left, my life has been nothing, but a hell hole." He began laughing, "My life has no meaning and you're asking me if I'm okay?" He continued laughing uncontrollably, "I'm so miserable, I want to die."

Dara didn't reply and did the only thing she could do. She slapped him. Jiyong was surprised by her sudden action, and he somewhat, sobered up. He held his face and he glared at her with anger and confusion.

"Are you stupid?" She asked him, "You want to die because of a girl?"

He continued glaring at her, but said nothing.

"A broken heart does not equate to death. There's so much more in this world than that girl"

Jiyong started laughing again, "Who are you anyway and what right do you have to lecture me" He stopped laughing and snickered, "And anyway,you wouldn't understand. I mean, what could a like you understand?"

Shocked by what he said, she asked, "A ? What the hell made me a ?"

"Why did you sit next to me?" She stared at him with furrowed eyebrows, "Was it not because you wanted to flirt with me? You probably play with guys all time"

She slapped him again, "Just because you're miserable, it doesn't give you the right to insult the people around you."

With that, she got up and left.