Prologue--

Not Over You ;;

author's note; I can't believe it took me this long to write a prologue. I just had no KrisYeol feels which is weird because I always have KrisYeol feels. I hope this isn't as crappy an update as I think it is. As always, my first chapters are short. I'll also be updating this story sometime this week.


Park Chanyeol didn't own much. It was just him, his small one room apartment, and the old bike his parents bought for him when he was in 9th grade. He worked part time at his neighborhood's local grocery store; lived paycheck to paycheck, and tried not to think about how much debt he was in because of student loans. Life was pretty bland; nothing special ever happened, and Chanyeol just seemed to be another poor college kid, unwillingly moving through adulthood responsibilities like calculating taxes and paying bills.

There was one little aspect about his bland life, however, that Chanyeol really loved and cherished more than anything else.

And that little aspect” was named Kris.

Kris was handsome, Kris was successful; he was respected, loved and thought to be the epitome of perfection itself. Kris was a hyung Chanyeol had been looking up to since he was eight years old; someone who was capable of turning Chanyeol's gloomiest days into his happiest with his mere presence – Kris was all the good in life, and just having him there took away all the bad.

Kris is the person Chanyeol has been in love with since he was fourteen years old.

And for five years now, they've been together.

 

 


 


 


 


 

And for eight months now, they've been falling apart.


 


 

Kris didn't touch him like he used to; Kris didn't hug him and kiss him and hold him like he used to – but Chanyeol never noticed, because just being in Kris' warm embrace made him happy. They say love can blind you, from both the people around you and the person you are in love with. Park Chanyeol knows that blinding feeling all too well.

Because he never saw it coming.


 

 


 

It was Christmas Eve. Kris was only going to be in town for this one last night before he flew back to China for business, and when Chanyeol got that call from him, saying to meet up at that park, their park – the place where they had first met...

The mere phone call, the mere request of meeting up, to know...that Kris desired to see him at that moment – it meant a lot, because lately, at the time...they hadn't been talking. Initially, they hadn't even planned to see each other this Christmas, so to just have the opportunity of being able to hear Kris' voice, and feel his touch, and just be with him – it had Chanyeol riding his beaten up bike there as fast as he could, heart hanging on his sleeve and pounding so happily words couldn't even describe the feelings he felt. He didn't care if the call was last minute; he didn't care if it was eleven o' clock at night and freezing cold outside –

Kris was everything. Kris meant everything.

And to Chanyeol, just being able to see his face was enough.

He brought his Christmas present for Kris along, too. Chanyeol didn't make a lot of money, most of it went to taxes or paying bills, so instead he decided to hand make something. Everyday Chanyeol would sit down in his small apartment, and slowly, he would continue to knit a scarf.

Chanyeol would prick his fingers a lot, and sometimes he would tangle the strings because he wasn't good at knitting and he was kind of clumsy, but that was okay. Because even if the end result wasn't that great looking, Chanyeol knew he had put all of his love and happy feelings into it, so the scarf would still continue to keep Kris warm. He had even kissed the scarf a couple of times! Just in case Kris missed him while he was over seas, or he needed Chanyeol to kiss one of his boo boos when he wasn't there! And it was a last minute decision, but in small, almost unreadable lettering, he had stitched a short message to the edge of the scarf.

You are my everything, it read. No matter what, I will always love you.

Quickly, before he had left to meet up with Kris, Chanyeol had wrapped the scarf messily, making sure to cover every bit of it in Christmas snowman wrapping paper so that Kris wouldn't be able to figure out what it was. He gently placed the gift in the basket of his old bike, and soon enough he was off.

When Chanyeol arrived at their small, childhood park – the park where they had first met, the park where they had become bestfriends, the park where he had screamed to the world that he was in love with Kris Wu – Chanyeol couldn't help but feel the nostalgia, right down to his bones. He let himself bask in the familiar memories for a few moments, heart still pounding heavily in his chest. Chanyeol took his messily wrapped Christmas present in his hands, hiding the gift behind his back as his eyes landed on a figure, a man, sitting on a bench – their bench – he was still, staring up at the night sky in silence. And for a split second, their eyes met.

And the next thing Chanyeol knew, he was running towards that figure, smiling a smile too wide for his face and screaming, at the top of his lungs –

KRIS HYUNG!!


 


 

 

Chanyeol didn't stop running until both him and the figure were both knocked into the grass, the brunette laughing happily as he nuzzled his face into the man's neck.

Chanyeol,” Kris chuckled breathlessly, and Chanyeol froze at the sound of his voice. “We're not kids anymore, one of these days you're seriously going to kill me..”

Kris entangled one of his strong hands into Chanyeol's brunette colored locks, rubbing at the boy's scalp gently, and Chanyeol leaned into his touch, content as he whispered, “I'm sorry, I just..I really missed you.”

And though Chanyeol couldn't see it, Kris' gaze softened at the words, the blonde giving a pained smile as he sat up, softly pressing his lips to Chanyeol's forehead. “I missed you, too,” He said quietly. “How could I not miss my..” Kris hesitated, his previous words dying in his throat as he remembered what he came here to do. “..my bestfriend.

Chanyeol took no notice to the man's words, however, heart too happy and senses too blinded because he was here with Kris, and that was all that mattered.

I have something for you!” Chanyeol smiled happily, messily wrapped present still hidden behind his back. “I – well, it's not really expensive and stuff, but I —”

Chanyeol,” Kris cuts the boy off, reluctantly.

Yes, hyung?” Chanyeol's eyes are still sparkling with happiness, and as the blonde stares into those happy, carefree orbs, he can't help but feel regret.

Kris grips onto Chanyeol's shoulders tightly, dark gaze filled with feelings of pain and remorse as he quietly whispers seven simple words that completely shatter Chanyeol's heart into a million pieces.

 

I'm not in love with you anymore.

 

It took a few minutes; a few silent, painful minutes – before Chanyeol realizes what Kris has just said. And once he does, once he realizes what the words mean and Kris had called him out here to do, he begins to tremble – to shake his head and look up at Kris with eyes that are blurred heavily by tears because this wasn't happening. “What?

Kris watches in silence as the first tears start to fall from Chanyeol's sad eyes. He gently begins to wipe them away, and Chanyeol hates himself because he doesn't want Kris to stop.

Don't cry,” Kris mumbles. “Or else I'll start to cry, too..” He pulls Chanyeol into a hug, strong arms wrapping tightly around the boy's thin torso and chin gently resting itself on Chanyeol's shoulder. It hurts to see him like this.

At the contact, at the feel of Kris' strong arms wrapping around him and holding him close – Chanyeol begins to sob. He buries his face into Kris' chest, arms limp at his sides because he feels numb. “Why?” His voice is broken, desperate – unknowing and naive.

I don't know,” Kris answers quietly. “Why do people fall out of love?”

Chanyeol sniffles. “Because the other person isn't good enough,”

Not necessarily,” Kris sighs, once again taking to threading his fingers through the boy's hair because he knows this calms him down. “You're perfect, Chanyeol. Don't ever say you're not good enough.”

Kris' words hit him hard, because Chanyeol's always wanted to hear the words you're perfect come out of his mouth. But still, Chanyeol feels cheated. “Then why..?Why now? Why here?

This was their place – full of good memories and happy days. And now...

Because I want you to forget me,” Kris' voice had turned cold, and he had begun to let go. “When we leave here tonight, I don't want you to continue to love me.” Kris lets his hold on the younger fall completely –

And without his warm embrace, Chanyeol feels empty.

Don't leave..” Chanyeol can hear himself whisper the words softly, wiping his tears with the back of his hand.

You'll be okay without me, Chanyeol—”

No I wont!” His heart felt heavy. His heart felt as if it was being squeezed and ripped and torn into so many pieces he would never be able to put it back together again. “I still need you! Kris, please..” The brunette's voice dies down into a soft mumble, and Chanyeol finally falls to his knees in defeat, whispering, “..I don't want to be alone.

At that moment, Kris looks as if he's about to say something. But Chanyeol doesn't hear it, because right when Kris opens his mouth, Chanyeol runs. He runs away from all the pain and heartbreak and he trips along the way and drops his Christmas present that he'd been gripping onto this whole time. He rides home on his old, worn out bike.

And the entire way home, he cries.


 


 

Kris watches him go. He stares at the messily wrapped present Chanyeol had dropped; and a few moments later, he picks it up and he opens it. As he holds the hand made scarf in his hands, the scarf that has tangles and holes in it and is that tape holding it together, Kris can't help but give a heartbroken smile, because the present screamed Chanyeol.

It's not until he reads the stitching on the end, does Kris feel his eyes blur with held back tears.

You are my everything. No matter what, I'll always love you.

Kris tightly clutches the piece of cloth to his chest, holding it against his beating heart and finally letting out a broken sob.

Goodbye, Chanyeol.

 


author's note; OTL that was so bad I'm sorry. I can never do my OTP justice especially when it doesn't involve . See you when I update next, bye bye~

Question of the Day; Why do you think Kris broke up with Chanyeol?

-- Kris was telling the truth when he said he'd simply fallen out of love.

-- Kris is in love with Baekhyun, and he was cheating on Chanyeol.

-- Kris is in love with Baekhyun, but he wasn't cheating on Chanyeol.

-- Kris is a bastard.