Final

Fallen Angel
Anxiously, Luhan came running out of the apartment. Tears were forming in his eyes as he look around while catching his breathe. He wanted to panic but it won't help him find his sister. It was almost midnight and his sister is missing. He didn't knew what to do at the thought of Xiya being lost in the middle of the night. He started running to search for her, he checked every street. He can't lose Xiya this time. She was the only one left for him, she was the only family he have and he don't want that to just fade away in just a blink of an eye. He kept on looking for Xiya eventhough his legs were nearly giving up, he stopped under a light post and catched for his breathe. Thinking of where she could be, he again looked around, hoping to see Xiya.
 
Lu Xiya is the younger sister of Lu Han, probably in her teenage stage. The siblings had lived alone after their parents died when their house got on fire. It was the worst nightmare they had. They live in a small apartment which suits for 2-4 persons only. Luhan works as a waiter at a cafe while Xiya stays at home the whole day alone. She can't work, nor go out without a guide. She can't see.. She's blind. Which is the reason why Luhan would panic too much when she's out of sight. Xiya don't know what the world looks like, it's quite funny how Luhan would try to illustrate everything to her but she would end up being confused. It became her dream, to see purity and happiness. She wants to see how her older brother looks like, she wanted to see herself, she wanted to live without a guide. But when can that happen?
 
Luhan straightened as he saw a girl walking through the sidewalk with her hand holding onto the wall. He rushed towards the lass, he knew who she was, "Xiya!" he exclaimed in relief.
 
The girl heard it and stopped, "L-Luhan?" she turned around where she had heard the voice.
 
Luhan smiled widely at the sight of her younger sister, he held her wrist, "where did you go? I've looked for you everywhere.." he pouted.
 
Xiya just chuckled, "you're not mad?" she asked.
 
Luhan shook his head "I can't. I love my younger sister too much that I can't be angry at her. Don't you ever go out alone again or else, I'll die worrying about you." he said as he tightened his grip on Xiya's wrist before started walking, Xiya just nodded with a smile and followed Luhan's lead.
 
They both reached their apartment and Luhan had led Xiya to her room. He sat on the couch and sighed in relief. He laid down and let his self rest for some few minutes before doing some house chores. Few minutes passed and he sat up again. He heard Xiya's room's door open, 
 
"Luhan?"
 
"Weishenme?" he asked. (A/N: 'Weishenme' means 'Why?' in Chinese.)
 
"I know you still haven't eaten your dinner.. I left some foods in the kitchen. Don't starve your self, big bro. Good night, love you!" she said cheerfully before closing the door again.
 
Luhan chuckled from the last words and stood up, he made his way to the kitchen. Despite the fact that Xiya is blind, she had always maintained a happy personality towards everything, she sure have no friends except for the people Luhan had brought in their apartment. It was only her sight which is missing. Luhan finished eating his late dinner quickly and did some house chores before walking to his room, he plopped his body on the bed and closed his eyes. It was a tiring day for him but it was all worth it with his sister by his side, it was the only thing he want in his life.
 
**
 
It was Saturday the next day and Luhan didn't have to go to work since his shift is only in weekdays. He stood up from his bed and went to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast.
 
When he got out of his room, he saw Xiya sitting on the couch. He froze and blinked, "good morning, meimei." he smiled and walked over to her, he pecked her forehead, "how come you're up so early?" he added. (A/N: 'meimei' means younger sister in Chinese)
 
Xiya just stared straightly at nowhere, she let out a small chuckle "I don't really know.." she pouted.
 
"aigoo.." Luhan laughed lightly, "I'll prepare some breakfast, anything you want me to cook?" he asked.
 
Xiya shook her head, "anything is fine with me." she smiled.
 
Luhan nodded his head, "okay." he smiled and made his way to the kitchen.
 
It was 6:27 in the morning. Luhan still haven't planned for anything today. Maybe, he'll just rest for today? He scratched his head and started cooking some morning meals.
 
More minutes passed, Xiya and Luhan jolted up when they heard a loud 'bang' from outside their apartment. "Luhan, w-what was that?" Xiya trembled as she tried to find her way to the kitchen.
 
Luhan ran to Xiya and stopped her from walking, "I don't know. You stay here, I'll go check what was it." he said. He made Xiya sit back on the couch and ran outside.
 
Xiya sat there, worried and scared at the same time. She tried functioning what was the thing that seemed to fall and made such a loud noise like that, but she couldn't process it since she never knew what things look like. The only thing she knew is it was something hard.
 
Luhan, on the other hand, looked around, looking for a certain object that had just crashed somewhere around their apartment. It didn't took to long when he spotted a white feather, he blinked and crouched down to pick the feather. He tilted his head. What could it be? He again looked around, he decided to go check the small yard behind their apartment. He gasped in surprise from what he saw. There was a creature with broken wings laying on the ground, unconscious. He didn't knew what to do, should he come closer? or run away?
 
The creature was wearing white clothes that seemed torn lightly, its eyes were closed and it have some small scratches on its skin. Luhan walked towards it, knowing it won't cause any harm. When he was just infront of the creature, he noticed it was a boy.
 
He tapped the boy's shoulder gently, "y-ya?" he spoke nervously. He felt like dreaming but it wasn't. There was really an angel infront of him. The boy seemed not to respond. He sighed deeply, he can't leave this here. He gently grabbed the boy's arm and put it around his shoulder, the boy wasn't heavy at all. He walked back inside the apartment and sat the boy on the couch just beside Xiya.
 
Xiya blinked when he felt something beside her, "L-Luhan?"
 
Luhan looked at Xiya, thinking how will he tell about the angel, he bit his lower lip, "you won't ever gonna believe this but... I found an angel."
 
Xiya stayed quiet, what does an angel look like? It sure have wings, but what does wings look like?
 
"What?" she asked.
 
"I found an angel." he said seriously and looked at the boy again. He was still unconscious. Did it fell from the sky? It looks like it was the only reason why it landed at their yard.
 
Luhan shook his head and led Xiya to the kitchen. He decided not to touch the boy until it wakes up or something. He made Xiya sit on the chair opposite from him. While they were eating their breakfast, they heard a groan. Luhan knew it was the boy. He paused for minutes while looking at the living room where the boy was, he almost fell from his chair when the boy was already infront of him.
 
"L-Luhan? What going on?" Xiya asked.
 
The boy was just as Luhan's height. His milky white skin were perfect, his eyes, nose, lips. It was like, one of God's perfect work. His wings were widely open which somehow revealed how broken it was, some feathers were nearly falling down. His clothes were torn and dirty, maybe it was all because of the fall.
 
"Luhan?" Xiya spoke again that made Luhan snap out. He was staring at the boy with wings. "X-Xiya.." he trembled.
 
The boy realized that Luhan was scared, "don't be scared. I'm not harmful." he softly smiled assuringly. Luhan don't know what to say. It looks like the angel is hurt but it's trying its best not to look like it was.
 
Xiya noticed that there was someone else in the room, "who are you?" she asked, hoping the boy will answer her question.
 
The boy looked at Xiya and smiled, "I'm Yixing. I'm your gurdian angel."
 
***
 
Minutes passed and the boy had explained everything to them. He's a Fallen Angel. He was made to protect. He said he will stay here in Earth until God tells him to go back. Xiya felt more secured that time, by Yixing's words, she knew he's telling the truth.
 
Luhan was surprised when the afternoon later, the scratches on Yixing's bare skin were gone.
 
"can you hide your wings?" he asked. Yixing looked at him and smiled, "I can. When it's needed."
 
Luhan nodded his head, he noticed the clothes Yixing was wearing, "oh. Wait here." he said and ran to his room to get some clothes for Yixing.
 
Xiya and Yixing left on the living room, sitting opposite to each other, Yixing stared at Xiya. Xiya just sat there cluelessly, tapping her fingers on her lap. "you can't see?" he asked. Xiya just nodded her head in reply.
 
Yixing's eyes looked at her in pity. "do you.. do you want to see?"
 
Xiya smiled and noddded her head with no hesitation, "I love to see the world.." she chuckled, "but.. I don't think that will happen. It's impossible." she smiled sadly.
 
Yixing was about to speak when Luhan came over, "here's some clothes. You should go change now." he pointed at the bathroom, Yixing nodded and did what Luhan told him to do.
 
***
 
Time passed by quickly and it was night again. Yixing stood by the apartment's small porch. He stared up at the starry night sky with a small smile drawn on his face. He was once one of those stars up there, and now, he's down here, looking up at them. But time will come again and he had to go back up there and forget everything. But the thought of Xiya changed his mind. He don't know why.
 
***
 
Yixing sat infront of the piano and brushed his fingers through the keys before playing a sweet melody. Luhan brought him and Xiya to a music room just for fun since it was getting boring in the apartment. It was the only place he knew no people would go. Xiya sat on the space beside Yixing and smiled while listening. They were alone inside the room, Luhan was out to buy something for snacks.
 
Yixing kept on glancing at Xiya and everytime he'll look at her, he can't help but smile. "You play piano so well.." Xiya smiled.
 
Yixing chuckled, "I used to play them back home."
 
Xiya blinked, "home?"
 
He looked away and smiled sadly, "yeah.. Home." he turned his gaze to Xiya again and he took her hand, placing it on one key. Xiya let Yixing. Few more minutes, Yixing was like teaching Xiya how to play a piano by guiding her hands through the keys.
 
"I want you to be happy.." Yixing said, looking at Xiya.
 
Xiya chuckled, "I am happy, Yixing."
 
"no.. I mean, I want you to see and live happily."
 
***
 
Days had passed, Yixing got along with Xiya and Luhan. The siblings would always open up their feelings to him, they got comfortable with each other as if they were family. They forgot Yixing being an angel and treated him like a mortal. Xiya, didn't knew that she was having feelings towards the angel, but she kept it inside. She can't fall inlove with an immortal, and an immortal can't fall inlove with a human. Yixing told her that once. It quite broke her but she have to accept the fact.
 
They knew someday, Yixing needed to leave. And the only way they knew was not to waste the time left because Yixing grew very close to them. Yixing never did anything harmful. Everything he did was for their safety. Once, Yixing almost got hit by a car when Xiya got pushed on the busy street back when they were on their way home. Another was when Xiya almost slipped on the stairs.
 
Time must be worth it.
 
Everything have its ending. Either it's a happy ending or sad.
 
Yixing looked at Xiya and Luhan across him. They were again in the living room, where they first started getting along. And to his knowledge, this may be last time they would be all together here because his time is running out and the word good bye is needed to say soon.
 
Yixing looked at Luhan. Trying to show him that they must talk privately. Luhan blinked and looked at Xiya, "u-uh.. Me and Yixing have to talk. Wait here." Luhan smiled at Xiya before walking to the kitchen with Yixing.
 
Luhan looked at Yixing. Happy yet worried. Yixing sighed heavily before looking straight at Luhan.
 
"I need to leave...soon." he uttered.
 
He didn't want to leave. He don't want to leave Xiya. It was too late when he realize he just fell for the lass. He loved her. He wanted to stay but he can't. He's an angel, she's a human. But there was one thing he knew he can do to Xiya before he'll go. He bit his lower lip, "Luhan, can you do me a favor?"
 
***
 
"I wish I could stay longer.." Yixing told his self as he stood by the small porch again. Days had gone, hours were left. He have to leave.
 
***
 
Xiya stood by the music room's door. Yixing was infront of her. Yixing felt his heart shattering. This will be the last time he'll see the girl he had fallen in love. His lips trembled as he took her hands and led her inside the room. Luhan stood by the door, sadness could be seen on his eyes, he smiled at Yixing and mouthed 'good bye' before closing the door.
 
"Y-Yixing?" Xiya spoke as she held Yixing's hands back. He looked down but turned his gaze at Xiya again, he smiled sadly. He tightened his grip on her hands and let go after, "I prepared something for you.. Please, listen."
 
Yixing stared at Xiya for seconds before walking to the piano. He sat on the chair. He sighed deeply and started playing it. Xiya stood by her spot as she listen to Yixing. The sad melody surrounded her.
 
Pure, like the innocence of a child who doesn’t know better 
Born in this beautiful moment
Eyes, closing and opening again, afraid this is only a dream
Not wanting to let go, I stand before you honestly, wishing for your attention
I only want to be with you, our footsteps in harmony, just once is enough
As I ride the wind, I descend upon your world yeah
The white wind, surrounding only you
You ask where I come from, I say “it’s a secret” with a smile
As long as you’re with me
Heaven is anytime, anywhere
To me you’re more illuminating than an angel
If anyone wills any ill towards you, I won’t let it happen
Nervous as if I’m stepping into Eden for the first time
I want to look at you everyday, think of you everyday
The endless sand and dust, I won’t let any of it hurt you or near you
Guarding you forever, I’m eternally in love
Blocking the gusts for you, I am your guardian
You’ll always have me, even if the whole world turns cold
Anytime you are hurt or sad, I will wipe away those tears
As long as you’re with me, no matter where
Heaven is anytime, anywhere
When I fell in love, there’s no turning back
My wings were lost, my eternal life stripped away, oh no
But my one and only reason for my happiness
Right now my eternity is you, eternally in love
As I ride the wind, I descend upon your world, yeah
The white wind, surrounding only you oh you
You ask where I come from, I say it’s a secret with a smile
As long as you’re with me
Heaven can be anytime, anywhere.
 
A tear unconciously fell down Yixing's cheek but he quickly wiped it before walking to Xiya and pull her to a tight hug. Xiya felt secured being in Yixing's embrace. She closed her eyes and hugged him back tightly. Yixing didn't want to let go, but time is running out of his hands. He pulled out of the hug and stared at Xiya. Making sure  he'll remember everything about her.
 
"Yixing.. What's going on? Why does it feel so gloomy?" she frowned.
 
Yixing softly chuckled but didn't replied. He caressed Xiya's cheek.
 
"Xiya.. Remember, when we first went here? I told you to be happy, right? I meant it. Really. I want you to see what the world looks like, like how you told me it was your wish. I can help you with that. But always remember...when I'm gone. I'll always be up there, watching over you. I'm you're guardian angel. I knew the time will come when I have to leave and never look back. But being with you, I realized it will be hard not to look back to the days when I had fallen for you..."
 
"w-what do you mean, xing? Y-you're leaving?" Xiya trembled.
 
Yixing bit his lower lip from Xiya's words, the word yes was the only thing he could say. His tears were forming in his eyes. "I wanted to stay, Xiya. I wanted to be with you forever.. I love you, Xiya."
 
Xiya felt like tearing up from what he had just said. Her legs were getting weak, her hands were trembling. Yixing will be leaving and he won't ever come back.
 
"I love you too, Yixing.." she hugged him again. She cried as she couldn't handle her tears. Why does things need to be this complicated?
 
Yixing tightened his embrace as he felt his wings opening wide from his back. His clothes had turned to the usual white ones. It was time.
 
He pulled away from the hug, looking at Xiya. There was one thing he wanted to give her for the last time. He cupped her cheeks gently and leaned closer to kiss Xiya on the lips. Xiya trembled but returned the kiss. She closed her eyes for a few seconds.
 
When Yixing had let go, Xiya opened his eyes. To her surprise, she saw an angel infront of her... It was Yixing, smiling at her. His teary-eyes tells her the word good bye.
 
 
She can see.
 
 
"Lu Xiya.. Be happy. I won't forget you.." he flashed a smile which showed his dimple, "I love you.." he said and everything turned white. "Good bye.." was the last thing she heard and probably, that would be the last time she'll hear his voice.
 
Xiya had to close her eyes and when she opened them again, she was alone inside the music room. The only thing she saw was a white feather resting on the ground. She picked it up and looked at it. Her trembling lips softly smiled.
 
 
"I'll miss you.. my Fallen Angel."