Hotel Rooms & Stolen Kisses

Hotel Rooms & Stolen Kisses

The first time it happened, it was 6am on a Tuesday.

 

Jinwoo had been wandering around the hotel for a bit with no apparent purpose. He wasn't lost – which was a first in his case – but he just didn't feel like walking back to his room.

 

He was alone. For the first time, each member of WINNER had his own room during that trip. Jinwoo wasn't used to be alone, he had always slept in a room with Seungyoon for as long as he could remember.

 

Not only that, but he had just had the worst of nightmares and couldn't go back to sleep for his life.

 

So he wandered, waiting for the time their daily schedule would officially start.

 

As he was walking up and down the corridor of their floor, he noticed Mino's room door cracking open. Getting curious, he stopped right behind the corner (he didn't even know why he was hiding but anyway, he was Jinwoo after all) and watched as a figure was slipping out of Mino's room.

 

He blinked twice in surprise.

 

It was Taehyun.

 

The maknae closed the door behind him and cautiously walked to his room at the end of the corridor, looking around as to make sure no one had seen him.

 

Jinwoo was more than confused. He was 100% sure that was Mino's room, no doubts. So what was Taehyun doing in Mino's room at 6 in the morning? And why did his walk look a bit awkward? He didn't remember Taehyun getting hurt at all.

 

He blinked once more as to make sure it wasn't a dream and by the time he opened his eyes again, Taehyun had disappeared inside his room.

 

Jinwoo raised both eyebrows and looked back at Mino's door but it was obviously closed. He didn't know what to think about it.

 

Maybe he was just too tired and was imagining things. Or maybe not? For now, he decided to go back to his room and get some more sleep. But his new aim for that trip was to find out what in the world was happening in Mino's room.

 

**

 

Aaah, it's amazing to finally have a room by myself.” Mino started the next morning during breakfast.

 

Seunghoon and Taehyun immediately agreed. “Ya, it's kinda nice to not have you around for once,” the maknae grinned, gaining a funny look from Seungyoon.

 

Jinwoo had half of his face hidden behind a cup of coffee and was watching carefully everything that was happening at their table. If Mino was so happy to be alone, then why was Taehyun in his room the previous night? Or did he just dream it all?

 

Why should I dream about things like that?, the hyung asked himself, mumbling.

 

Are you okay?” Seunghoon asked him at some point. “You seem pretty much in your own world right now.”

 

Jinwoo shook his head, focusing his attention on the rapper. “Uhm, nothing, it's just...” could he really talk with Seunghoon about that? “...which reasons could bring you to leave your room and go in another one, like Mino's room?” he blurted out before he could think properly about how to formulate the question. He didn't mention Taehyun's name though, because he didn't want to put the maknae into trouble.

 

Seunghoon didn't look puzzled. He was that type of guy who didn't ask questions. “Mmh... if I had some problems maybe? For example if my shower didn't work or something... I should get a shower in one of your rooms.”

 

Oh...” was all that Jinwoo said.

 

It sounded pretty logical. But he still had that weird feeling, because why the hell would Taehyun take a shower at 6 in the morning?

 

**

 

The next morning, Jinwoo was sitting behind the same corner of the corridor, waiting patiently for something to happen. He didn't know what he was going to do. He didn't know if it was better to stop Taehyun and ask him for explanations or just observe the situation without leave his spot. In the end it wasn't his business to know what was happening but Jinwoo was a very curious deer, and a very naïve one also. Otherwise he would have already understood what was going on between his two dongsaengs.

 

It was almost 6am. He had been there since around 5am because he really couldn't sleep now that he had that mystery to solve. And also, he couldn't sleep alone anyway.

 

He had brought a manhwa with him and was reading it very carefully when he heard the sound of a door cracking open. He stiffened and closed the comic. It was time.

 

Slowly standing up, he peered out from the corner and watched as Taehyun slipped out of Mino's room just like the night before. He had a white t-shirt and a pair of loose gym pants on, a pair he was sure he had seen on Mino some time before. What the hell was going on?

 

This time though, it was different. Taehyun looked around the – as far as he knew – empty corridor and then back in the room with a sigh.

 

I've already told you I can't stay,” he whispered. “I have to go now.”

 

Jinwoo watched as his maknae walked down the corridor to his room without adding anything else. Was he talking with Mino a moment before?

 

Well, it's not like there should be someone else in that room...” he thought to himself, still wondering what kind of weird situation was that.

 

Were Mino and Taehyun planning something? He had to find out.

 

He pulled the strings of his hood to tighten it around his head and was ready to go when he saw Mino peering out of his room as well. He was shirtless, just a pair of pants on, his hair messy. His eyes were following Taehyun along the corridor with a look Jinwoo couldn't really describe. It was both sweet and sad at the same time.

 

As soon as Taehyun closed his door, Mino did the same. Jinwoo was left alone with his thoughts, which were really confused to be honest.

 

Really, what is going on with those two...” he mumbled out loud, without even realizing it.

 

He picked his comic up from the floor and went back to his bed with a strange feeling in his stomach.

 

**

 

The room was so white you couldn't tell the walls apart. It was kinda disturbing in a way and relaxing in another, but mainly because he wasn't alone. He would have been scared to death to stay in that room alone.

 

What is even a physiognomist?” Mino whispered as they took their seats in the middle of the room, near the big TV screen.

 

Jinwoo was casually heading for the seat next to Mino, until he remembered about Taehyun. He looked at the maknae and made some space, gesturing for him to sit near Mino.

 

Taehyun raised an eyebrow. “What are you doing hyung?” He asked with a confused frown on his face.

 

Suddenly everyone was looking at the oldest hyung, wondering what was with his weird attitude.

 

Jinwoo felt himself blushing a little, looked both at Mino and Taehyun and stuttered: “I... I just thought you wanted to sit near Mino-ya...?”

 

Taehyun raised both eyebrows at that, wide eyes like one could rarely see on his face. Jinwoo turned around and saw Mino having pretty much the same astonished expression. Oh gosh, what had he just done?

 

Taehyun was the first one to speak up before the situation could get any more awkward.

 

Why would I want to sit next to him? Hyung, you're so funny sometimes...” he laughed it off, soon followed by the others - Jinwoo included, though his laugh sounded a bit forced.

 

Why? Because you spend all your nights in Mino's room, that's why!” he thought to himself while taking the seat near the rapper, because Taehyun apparently refused to and the confusion in Jinwoo's mind was only growing bigger by the second.

 

The maknae chose to sit near Seungyoon, and Jinwoo frowned. Why Seungyoon out of all of them? He felt a light pain in his chest but tried to hide it and turned towards Mino, who looked completely neutral, though he had some wrinkles on his forehead as well.

 

Too bad Jinwoo wasn't able to make two plus two.

 

**

 

Ahh, I can't do this,” Mino cried for the hundredth time, his right leg unable to stay still as it followed the beat of a song that didn't exist.

 

They were about to meet their BIGBANG sunbaes in order to work on what the physiognomist had told them. Mino was the only one whose compatibility wasn't with one of the members, so he was scared to death that something wouldn't work out.

 

They were in the dressing room, waiting for the right time. Jinwoo was rehearsing the song he was gonna sing to Jiyong-sunbaenim and noticed how Taehyun was sitting as far as possible from everyone else. Or maybe just from Mino?

 

After the meeting with the physiognomist, the maknae cold attitude had grown even colder, mostly towards the rapper, and Jinwoo couldn't understand why.

 

Mino, on the contrary, was trying his best to start a conversation with him.

 

What about Taehyun playing Jiyong-san role so that you can try this out, hyung?” he suggested, and suddenly Jinwoo thought it could be a good idea.

 

He approached the maknae and sat next to him. “Uhm, hi,”

 

Why are you here?” was N-Dragon sharp reply.

 

Jinwoo chuckled while trying to disguise his embarrassment, but something caught his attention.

 

Taehyun's expression was kinda... sad? Not that he usually had a cheerful expression but after a few years spent together he could tell when something was not right.

 

Is everything alright?” he asked softly, trying to look Taehyun in the eyes.

 

Yes, why are you asking?” was the once again cold reply from the maknae who was still in his role and thought Jinwoo was doing the same.

 

The hyung shook his head. “No, I mean... are you alright?”

 

Once again, Taehyun's eyes widened at his friend's words. He looked up at the others who, though they couldn't hear what they were talking about, were looking at them curiously. He caught a glimpse of Mino's chocolate eyes on him and immediately looked away.

 

I am fine, hyung. Don't worry,” his answer was barely louder than a whisper and he was not looking Jinwoo in the eyes.

 

Jinwoo raised an eyebrow at that but couldn't add anything because a staff member announced it was time to go.

 

He stood up and watched as the others were leaving the room. He noticed how Mino tried to grab Taehyun's arm but the maknae just backed away. Weird.

 

What's wrong now? I swear these two...”

 

**

 

That night, due to the usual reasons plus a little fight with Seungyoon after dinner over silly things, Jinwoo didn't get a single hour of sleep. It took him about two hours to get out of the hotel and reach the nearest Konbini*, buy some fruit juice and get back. By that time, it was almost 5.30am.

 

He so decided to sat behind his now usual corner and slowly sip his juice while waiting for his new favorite pastime to happen. But just as he was making himself comfortable sitting on the floor, he heard wild voices coming from behind the closed door of Mino's room.

 

As soon as he got up and hid better behind the corner, the door flung open and Taehyun walked out with heavy steps, his face dark and his hands clenched into fists.

 

Taehyun!” came Mino's deep voice from inside the room, before the rapper showed up on the door as well.

 

The maknae was already walking down the corridor but at the angry tone in Mino's voice he came back at full speed and pushed a threatening finger to the hyung's chest.

 

Don't. You. Dare.” He spitted out. Jinwoo had never seen him so angry and it was almost scaring. “Don't you dare being the angry one this time, I'm done with you. I'm so done with you Song Mino, you can go yourself for what I care!”

 

Jinwoo gulped and wondered if he had to interfere and try to solve the situation. He didn't even know what was going on and he was now more worried than scared.

 

Mino's face was dark as well but he could also see desperation in his eyes. Mino had always been the one who hated fighting, who would always try to solve the problem as long as there was hope. He just didn't like hurting the one he loved. Jinwoo knew that too well and could totally understand him because he too was just like that.

 

But Mino was also the scariest one when he got angry. And right now he clearly was on the verge of letting that side taking control over him.

 

Taehyun. Come back in. We shouldn't fight out here like that,” he looked around and almost spotted Jinwoo who hid a bit more behind the corner.

 

Taehyun wasn't listening anymore. “Fight is something you do when you still care, but I don't. Not anymore.” He stated coldly before turning his back on the rapper.

 

Mino was faster this time and grabbed his arm, almost pulling him against his chest.

 

Jinwoo couldn't properly see the scene since he had to keep his hideaway, but he could hear everything.

 

Let me go,” Taehyun whispered, hiding his face behind his hair. He was on the verge of tears but he wasn't gonna give this satisfaction to the other boy.

 

No, we're gonna solve this. I can't let you go away like that,” Mino replied, sounding more sharply than he meant to.

 

There's nothing to solve, it's over.” Taehyun replied louder this time, freeing himself from Mino's grip – which wasn't an easy thing to do and left a red mark on his arm – before turning away again and leave the rapper alone.

 

Taehyu-” Mino's voice was covered by the sound of Taehyun's door shutting violently.

 

Jinwoo realized just then he had been holding his breath almost the whole time. He dared to peek again and saw Mino standing in front of his room, looking towards the end of the corridor, where Taehyun's room was. One could read the struggle on his face. He was probably wondering if it was better to follow Taehyun straight ahead or just let the situation cool a bit.

 

In the end, he brought both hands on his face, let out a deep sigh of frustration and locked himself in his room.

 

Suddenly the corridor was silent all over again.

 

Jinwoo tried to rationalize what he had just witnessed but didn't manage to. What was all that? What...

 

Somewhere deep inside his heart he knew what he had just seen wasn't a common fight between friends. But this information didn't seem to reach his brain.

 

He walked back to his room with a blank expression on his face. He didn't understand. He couldn't.

 

And probably he wouldn't.

 

**

 

Where is Taehyunie?” Seungyoon asked the next day during breakfast.

 

Seunghoon just shrugged, his mouth full of food, while Mino kept looking at his plate without answering.

 

Jinwoo noticed his (non)reaction and stepped in: “Maybe he doesn't feel well. Yesterday he was a bit down and you know he has poor health.”

 

Seungyoon found it reasonable but was slightly surprised by his hyung's answer. He had thought Jinwoo was still mad at him. “Jinwoo-ya... about yesterday...”
 

It's nothing,” Jinwoo immediately cut him off.

 

Leader Kang was a bit taken aback. “R... really?”

 

Jinwoo nodded. “Fights happen when you... care about someone.” He raised his gaze and eyed Mino on the other side of the table. The rapper wasn't looking but he was listening and Jinwoo knew it. “...but there is nothing worth losing a true friend.” He himself didn't know if he was talking to Seungyoon or to Mino anymore.

 

The rapper raised his head, a shocked expression on his face. Jinwoo avoided his stare, not wanting to reveal himself too much. He didn't want Mino to understand he knew. He just wanted to help Taehyun and him in some way without messing with their business.

 

Seungyoon blinked twice in surprise. “O-okay...” he murmured, not really knowing what to say. He was happy Jinwoo wasn't mad at him anymore, and he had also said that he cared about him. He couldn't be more happy in that moment.

 

Just as they were talking about their daily schedule, Taehyun showed up. His look was all black: black punk boots, black jeans, black hoodie. The hood covered half of his face, so that people couldn't see his eyes.

 

When he sat at their table though, for a split second Jinwoo got a glimpse of the red bags under his eyes and it hit him that Taehyun had cried a lot. He turned to look at Mino, who probably had noticed the same detail, judging from the broken-hearted expression on his face.

 

Good morning.” The maknae said with no particular tone in his voice. No one seemed to find it weird since they were all used to his cold diva attitude.

 

Better late than never, we thought you were already on your death-bed,” Seunghoon joked, handing Taehyun a plate and a pair of chopsticks.

 

Uhm no, just … sleepless night. Nothing to worry about,” Taehyun answered, his voice sounding huskier than usual. He was just going to have his breakfast like nothing had happened.

 

We have to hurry up, though,” Seungyoon reminded. “We have a pretty tight schedule today.”

 

Jinwoo's eyes were following both Taehyun and Mino like he was watching some table tennis game. Taehyun didn't look like wanting to make up with the rapper, but the said rapper had a determined expression on his face instead.

 

Jinwoo just hoped there was gonna be a happy ending for that situation.

 

**

 

They were halfway through the soundcheck and everyone was pretty excited. Seunghoon was jumping here and there on the stage and Seungyoon was pretending to be hunting Jinwoo down, while the hyung laughed in the silliest way, trying to escape from the leader.

 

The only two people not enjoying that moment were of course Taehyun and Mino. The maknae was slowly pacing the stage without lifting his gaze from the ground, a blank expression on his face. The rapper was standing in a corner, watching the whole scene and faking some smiles, while his eyes always went back to a certain redhead.

 

At some point, Jinwoo saw Mino approaching Taehyun, gently grabbing his arm and whispering something in his ear. Taehyun looked shocked at first, but then raised his gaze to meet Mino's eyes for a brief moment, before looking back down again and slowly nodding. Then, they both disappeared backstage.

 

Jinwoo raised an eyebrow and stopped his mad running around the stage. Were they gonna make up? Or were they gonna fight again? He was worried.

 

Gotcha!” Seungyoon screamed as he wrapped his arms around the hyung's waist in a lethal back hug.

 

Jinwoo let out a girly cry and decided the world wasn't gonna end even if he investigated later.

 

But his worries had no reason to exist anyway, because ten minutes later the two boys came back on stage and one could tell everything was alright again. Mino was smiling widely and went back to doing dumb&dumber with Seunghoon; Taehyun was smiling too, and started rehearsing again while watching Mino from afar.

 

Jinwoo felt a rush of relief running through him. Things were gonna be okay.

 

He turned around with a smirk on his face.

 

Kang Seungyoon! Brace yourself and prepare for revenge!”

 

**

 

It was almost midnight and everyone was asleep. Or so Jinwoo thought when he finally got to his floor after spending way too much time watching the stars from the hotel rooftop. It wasn't something he could get to do often and he reminded him of the nights spent doing the same thing when he was still in Imjado.

 

By the time he came down again, the other four guys were already in their rooms. They were all very tired after the concert and couldn't wait to get some good hours of sleep.

 

Jinwoo was starting to feel tired too, so he walked through the corridor, yawning gracelessly because no one could see him anyway.

 

Or maybe there was indeed someone still awake.

 

I can't believe this...” he thought to himself while spotting Taehyun leaving Mino's room once again. A bit too early, in all honesty.

 

Quickly, he tried to hide himself behind one of the columns and hoped not to be the witness of another fight.

 

Gonna change into something comfortable and I'll be back, okay?” Taehyun was saying, his voice reduced to a sweet whisper.

 

Mmh, only if you don't take too long,” that deep rough voice could only belong to Mino.

 

What the hell are they saying?” It all sounded pretty weird to Jinwoo's ears.

 

He couldn't resist, so he moved a little to the right until he could peek the scene.

 

Taehyun was smirking as he pretended to walk away just to turn back again as fast as light, grab Mino's shirt in his fist and force him to lean over a little until their lips met.

 

Jinwoo barely held back a scream. He pressed both hands on his mouth and stared at the scene with wide eyes. He wasn't disgusted - just very, very surprised.

 

Well, at least now everything made sense.

 

All the stares, and whispers, and touches, and smiles, and going out together just the two of them. He had always thought they were just good friends but this... was way more logical.

 

Mino was trying to lengthen the kiss and had almost managed to trap Taehyun against the wall when the maknae found his strength again and pushed him away.

 

Gosh, can't you wait ten more minutes?” He asked, faking indignation.

 

Mino just grinned. “If you were looking at what I'm looking, you wouldn't wait another second.”

 

Taehyun's lips turned into a tight line while his cheeks reddened. He mumbled something about the rapper being too shameless for his liking and headed to his room while Mino laughed heartily. He then went back into his room too, closing the door but not completely, waiting for Taehyun to return as promised.

 

Jinwoo stared at the wall blankly for long moments, trying to elaborate what he had just seen, but most of all to elaborate why it didn't bother him at all and why he felt like it was something he somehow already knew.

 

After some minutes of considerations, he resolved it could be a good thing to sleep on it, and headed back to his room, but stopped halfway. He had suddenly got the craziest idea ever and couldn't wait to put it into practice.

 

He took his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number he knew by heart. He leaned against the wall and started biting his nails until a sleepy voice answered from the other side of the line.

 

...Jinwoo-ya?”

 

Yoonie, would you mind if I slept in your room tonight?”

 

 

 

End

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Konbini: japanese minimarket open 24/7

 

 

 

End notes: soooo I'm 200% unsure of this story, because I'm afraid you'll think I didn't explain enough or I left some things out. The thing is, this is a one character's POV, so since he doesn't know some things, I can't write them XD 

I feel like I teased my twitter followers way too much with this story so now I hope they will like it. Any comment/critic is well accepted since I'm still improving and english can be tough sometimes XD

Thanks for reading! As always you can find me @ sonhyun.tumblr or twitter @blockb_88 :D