Beginning

Not that I Hate

 

*****

“Hey that girl come again” Sehun gawked his eyes toward the customers that just come in inside the shop. Kai look toward direction.

“Aish, why did she come again” Kai sigh and rolled his eyes show an annoyance.

“To annoyed you” Tao said, and then giggling with Sehun.

“Whatever! I don’t give a damn toward her—Auch” Kai brush his head a few time, after suddenly be cut by knock in his head from Kris.

“Don’t say bad thing about customers, go and serve her!” Kris gives another glare, before get back into the kitchen. Well Kris can be cocky sometime.

Dammit.

“Hey, it’s okay I help you today” Sehun said and approach the girl, and as Kai expected, she was giving Sehun a nice smile. Non complaining or any sigh of hateful in her face.

Different from what he got. Totally.

He don’t know why, when the first time she came to café, he the one that come and serve her. She start to yelling, and everything seem not right in his eyes.

1st Day

“Hey, don’t you know what to recommend to the customer? You must be new right? Dush”

2nd Day

“Hey, what you take it so long? Don’t you understand that I’m busy”

3th Day

“Is there any other waiter? I’m sick of your face”

4th Day

“I want a warm Caramel Macchiato, not a hot, change it”

 

Yeah, It’s going to be a big mess every time Kai come and serve her. But she will be totally different person if the other waiter come and serve her.

Why I’m the only one she hate

“She weird! She hate me damn much, but the she still come here every day” Kai whisper to Tao

“Maybe she-“ Tao was cut by Kai

“Yeah maybe she weird, No! she is weird-Auch”

“Kim Jongin this is last warning!” Kris exclaimed, before giving him a cup of caramel macchiato.

“Go!” Kris instructs Kai to send the coffee toward the girl. Yeah. The annoying  girl.

“Why should I send it to her, Sehun the one who serve her” He mumbling, but still take a lazy step toward that girl.

“Your coffee Miss” Kai sound polite as he could, and give small smile, that of course return with a sharp glare from her

“Huh!” She hum harshly, before grab a sip.

“Am I that ugly?

“Huh- What are you trying to say? I don’t understand.” She reply with harsh tone, and avoid any gaze from him.

“So fine, it up to you, the important part its, I’m done nothing wrong toward you, plus I don’t really like snobbish girl like you“  Kai said with annoying toned.

“You!! You know nothing!!!” She yelled before storm out from the store, pushing him.

Left him dumbfounded.

“Hey, what wrong?” Kris approaching him, and help him to get up.

“I don’t know! She suddenly-“

“Hey, she left something” Sehun cut by picking up something on the floor.

A photo.

“Woah!!” escaped from both Tao and Sehun mouth at the same time after took a look at the photo.

“Do you guys dating before?” Kris asked, after take a glance of the photo.

“What!? No!!” Kai yell before snatch the photo from Sehun hand.

Whoa, he look like me

The photo show the picture of man that resemble him. A lot. Just he a bit more handsome. In his own sincerely opinion. And that girl was sit next to him, with a wide smile.

Couple.

Kai frowning. What the heck?

“Kai you’re paying for her coffee” Kris shoot before went back to the kitchen

“What? Why?” Kai whines.

“Because she you friend, I guess” Tao reply and clean the table.

“No way!! I don’t have that kind of friend”

“But you guys have a photo together” Sehun smirk from the counter.

“For the first and last time I repeat that this is not me!! Yeah even though we look same, but come on I more handsome right?” Kai said while took a glance again to the photo.

“Yes you are, and you going to pay for it” Tao smirk.

Dammit.

Since that day, the girl never came again to their coffee shop. Kai was relived, but then a part of him feel a bit regret.

Am I to harsh toward her.

“Hey, stop day dreaming boy” Sehun snap

“I’m not” Kai defend himself

“Denial” Tao cooed

“Hey stop gossip like a girl, go clean up both of you” Kris pointed to Sehun and Tao

“And you, take this, and go now” Kris put a small list of note into Kai palm.

Great.

Kai muttering along the sidewalk, by holding a paper bag, that he buy from cold storage.

He was blabbering about why he had to go by the stuff.

Until, he knocks on someone.

“Auch..” The girl fall on the floor. Kai get time to balance himself from falling together with her.

“Sorry, are you okay?” Kai put the paper back down before, bend and take look at her.

“Ahh, my feet..” She whines while take a look at her feet.

“I’m sorry-“ kai stop when he realize that girl was a girl from the cafe.

“It’s okay-“ She couldn’t finish when she saw him.

“YOU!!” She suddenly yells. Kai was taken aback; even he expected to get that from her.

She quickly gets up by her own. Push any help from Kai

“What a bad day to meet you! And know my ankle, ahhh ” She whines, when she try to walk.

“Take this” Kai instruct her to hold his paper bag.

“What!?” She bit dazed.

Without any explanation he takes the paper bag and pull her hand than make her hold the paper bag with both of her hand. She just follows without any noise. Still dazed.

When the most unexpected part is when Kai suddenly lift her with bridal style.

“What!? Hey put me down!” She struggles to jump down.

“Hey, stay still…you can’t even walk, the café is not really far, could put some oil ointment there” Kai reply with worried toned.

She struggles like to say something, but then she just keep silent, nothing could come out from .

******

“Guys, can you take the paper bag” Kai asked right after he enter the café toward Sehun and Tao that busy gossiping with each other.

Both of their jaw drop when seeing Kai lifting the girl. Yeah the girl that hate Kai so much.

“Woah!” Both of the said at the same time.

“Hey didn’t you hear me?” Kai role his eyes when both at them not making any move.

“What happened?” Sehun quickly took the paper bag from her hand. She avoid any eyes contact. Shy. The guess.

“Where the First Aid?” Kai ignored Sehun question, instead he asking about the more important thing.

“In pantry” Tao reply, before Kai straight when there.

“Interesting” Sehun smirk, while Tao nodded mischievously.

*****

“Wait for a second” He said after putting her down on the chair.

“W-Why” She stuttering.

Kai look at her, she look broken. Before he could said anything, she continued.

“I-I was harsh and mean to you, w-why you treat me nicely” She look at him.

“So you expect me to leave you alone there?” He replies before take the first aid and bends in front of her.

“Don’t you h-hate me?” She asked hesitately.

“Why should I? And I’m really sorry about what I said, that day”

“Why should you be sorry?”

“Maybe my word too bit harsh, I didn’t mean to call you snob- By the way I’m Kai” He gave her warm smile, before take a look at her feet.

“No! I’m the one that should apologize to you, I-I was mean-“

“What you name?” Kai cut and asked her.

“No, you don’t want to know my name, after all I’m a mean girl. I-I have been together with Suho for 4 years. When he want to break up, I c-couldn’t accept that. And when the first time I meet you, I remember him, it turn me hate y-you. Your face remind me to him, so I came here every day to look at you, at the same time I feel m-mad” She explained while try to control her tears from start falling.

“Okay, what my name?” Kai stand up, and hold her shoulder.

She looks dazed and give a blank stare.

 “Come on, what my name?” He asked again.

“K-Kai” She stuttering answers it.

“Right. Now can you see the different between Kai and Suho right?” He asked

“Even though my face resemble to Suho,but I am Kai. What the thing that you told about him is not important anymore. He is your past. What more important right know is I want to know your name?” He give her another warm smile.

“K-Krystal” She answers, and slightly smiles.

“Suho and Krystal is the past. Kai and Krystal is the beginning. Okay?” Kai pad her shoulder softly.

Krystal nodded with a wide smile.

******

“Love bird in the air soon”

Kai could hear Tao and Sehun chatting back of the door.

He role his eyes, while Krystal giggling.

Whoa, it’s new from her, bet I’m going to addict to it.

Plus it just the beginning for them

Kai and Krystal

 

Author Note: One shot for Kaistal <3