Socially Awkward

Mei's Choice

 

Mei's POV- 
 
 
The sky is actually almost non existent when you think about it. 
 
 
When you stare at the open sky all you can see is just an endless color of blue, or orange, or purple, it depends what time of the day it is. 
 
 
Since right now it's the sunset, its a mixture of orange, purple, and blue.
 
 
It's gorgeous and the only thing is that I don't know why but I cant enjoy it like I should be.
 
 
I look around me and notice that I'm not even siting on the ground, I'm actually in mid air but I'm not falling.
 
 
I'm simply in a space. 
 
 
I notice the colors are brighter and more exuberant than a normal one.
 
 
At this moment, I realized I'm in the sky and the sunset is so close I could probably reach out and touch it; and my eyes don't even burn or dare to look away.
 
 
I begin to want to test out my theory and reach my hand out to touch it as I do I touch it and it feels warm and comforting; not scorching or unbearable. 
 
 
Then as I look at my hand, I notice it starting to disintegrate right before my eyes and I feel a shocking and growing pain all through out my body as I burn alive and I scream. 
 
 
That's when I wake up. 
 
 
What I don't understand is why people tell you, in a dream  you can be and do whatever you want. 
 
 
In the end, you have no control over what you dream. 
 
 
Dreams are just like reality in a way, you can fight your way to a life you want to live just like you can imagine a place you want to be in a dream but it doesn't always turn out the way you wanted it to just like a perfect dream can turn into a horrifying nightmare.
 
 
I probably over analyze things way too much, but that's okay for me because my mind is my only friend and it never judges me over what I think. It simply encourages me to think more. 
 
 
I suppose you can say I'm not like a lot of other seventeen year olds, I guess most people would classify me as socially awkward.
 
 
I don't have any real friends, mostly just acquaintances who I'll never see or care for again. I'm not into boys, no this doesn't mean I like girls, it means I like to check out the book aisles if you know what I mean...eh...eh...yeah, this is why I am classified the way I am.
 
 
I love going to the library hence why I am in one right now. I always come to this exact table that I'm at every single day to either study or simply read a good novel.
 
I'm like a regular here, I come here so often not only the librarians know my name but lets just say whenever I come, all the library cards flock to my presence.
 
 
They know when the queen arrives and treat me as such.
 
 
Oh by the way, my name is Mei, Mei Li. Nice to meet your acquaintance, welcome aboard my life. 
 
 
Todays read is my English textbook, it's my favorite subject in school. I just love to write in plain, it's super relaxing and eases a lot of stress.
 
 
Okay, okay...so I fell asleep, don't think its because english was putting me to sleep, oh no my friend oh no, no, I was falling asleep because I went to bed last night at four because I was watching one of the last episodes of my favorite anime, "Soul Eater" it's just one of the best animes of all time! Thank you very much! 
 
 
Okay, so I have to let you know now, that the way I am portraying myself is totally in my head only.
 
 
When I am seen from outsiders I am completely shy and timid and refuse to be talked to by anyone. 
 
 
So here is an example, my inner personality  is like two socially awkward teenage comedians drinking bubble tea while sitting on a carousel all the while making corny jokes and laughing like a hyena and then my outside personality is like walking, walking sees moving object quickly ducts behind nearest inanimate object and like a ninja quickly makes way around said moving object.  
 
 
Yeah...that just happened. But it looks like its 7:00pm now, so I best be going. 
 
 
I gather up all my things from my table and walk out bidding the librarians goodbye, its really dark outside and I walk cautiously towards the direction of my house.
 
 
As I go down an alley to get to this next street a group of about four people, I'm guessing teenagers about my age, two girls and two guys come walking towards my direction.
 
 
I start to panic hoping we will just pass by each other with no exchange of any wordage. 
 
 
We get right next to each other and that's when one of the girls pushes me with her arm shoving me to one of the walls of the building that makes up part of the alley. 
 
 
"Where do  you think you're going nerd?" the girl exclaims teasingly. 
 
 
I realize that these kids are actually from my school and gulp loud enough for all of them to hear me.
 
 
"Awe, look she's a scared little nerd, do you think we scared her or do you think she saw herself and got scared?" the other girl said whilst laughing with the other girl who shoved me into the wall.
 
 
 "Well I don't know about you but I think we should teach her a lesson on how to be a normal teenager, and  lets throw out all her books." One of the boys said with a smirk.
 
 
I begin to lunge forward but was immediately stopped by the other boy who pressed my shoulder back against the wall.
 
 
The two girls took my backpack from me, which was just on one of my shoulders now after getting pushed around so much. 
 
 
They ped my backpack zipper and the boy who threatened to dispose of my books, took my backpack from them and begin dumping out all my books each of them landing open with pages crinkling and a loud thud when they landed.
 
 
I couldn't stand what he was doing, its almost like he was beating up my best friends. Those books are truly the only thing that matters to me and he's treating them like garbage that needed to be taken out.
 
 
I begin to lunge forward again trying to fight the boy holding me in place. He then grasped by neck with one hand while he used the other to rub my body in all the wrong places.
 
 
I squirmed beneath him feeling so violated and not able to do anything about it. I then gather up my strength to speak, "If-if you don't stop I'm-I'm going to scream." I said trying to sound confident which ended up sounding like a choking cat. 
 
 
"Oh is that so," the boy said looking intensely into my eyes, I was scared out of my mind what was he going to do now. 
 
 
The other boy then pushed the boy holding me in place over and slapped my face into the wall, causing me to fall to the ground in defeat.
 
 
"Don't tell us what to do, nerd, we do what we want. This will teach you a lesson to stop being such a weirdo."
 
 
He then kicked me in the stomach, which made me fall over onto my side holding my stomach which felt like it just got knocked out of my body all together. 
 
 
The four assaulters, walk away laughing their heads off thinking they're the coolest in the world as I lay there violated on my side and begin to cry.
 
 
I haven't felt tears in a long time, they only come out when my new favorite anime doesn't update or when my favorite author is coming out with a sequel to one of my favorite books of theirs.
 
 
These tears were different though, they were of true pain and I started to feel faint and my head really hurt. 
 
 
I started to try to collect myself from the ground and crawled my way over to my assaulted backpack that lay next to my pitiful books that were my pride and joy and continue to be, as I carefully fix their pages and dust them off just as if was fixing up a baby after playing too rough. 
 
 
I slowly put them back in my backpack still feeling dizzy and lightheaded; the whole place seemed to be spinning, it didn't help that it was dark neither. 
 
 
I crawled back to the wall, dragging my backpack behind me and using the wall for support, climbed my way back up to a standing position and stood there for a moment to collect myself. 
 
 
I begin to walk a little ways, practically out of the alley when the world around me spins and then next thing I know I'm on the ground and my eyes are forcing themselves shut, I try so hard to try to get up again and keep my eyes open but my eyes win this battle and I  black out. 
 
 
Next thing I know, I'm moving, but not moving on a vehicle or anything. I'm in someone's arms, they feel big and strong. 
 
 
I try to open my eyes, but they fail me again and my head is throbbing with a sharp pain and I continually feel dizzy and lightheaded; so I decide it feels better just to keep them closed.
 
 
The person feels me move in their grasp, and says "It's okay, everything is going to be alright; you're safe now." It's a male voice and it sounds soothing and calm. 
 
 
I try to open my eyes again to truly see who it is, but the world around me spins again, and I black out in this stranger's arms.