Jebal, meolli kajima

제발 멀리 가지마... | Please, do not go far away...

It started out like just another day while my body being exhausted from the insane hours of flight time I had some days ago. Not that I’m complaining but thes world map should have had some kind of a good developed country with an airport in between Seoul and LA. Why is it only the ocean?

      I’m still on bed, too lazy to get up and leave for the schedules. By the way I’m completely clueless about my schedules. Manager hyung have been updating me ever since the arrival but seriously I keep nothing in my head. Nothing as in not Jung Min either.

      I can’t help it. I’m too tired and I haven’t had any day off after we arrived from America. C’mon that was a 24h+ flight and I was nearly dying with boredom. Let’s not talk about the departure flight; another source of boredom and just boredom. Not even the air hostesses were pretty; not that I’m interested anyway but… I needed some entertainment. And no, I don’t find guys hot except for…

      My phone rings. There, my sentence is completed with the name that appears on the screen. I slide the green button.

      “Morning Jung Minah…” I say in a dull, sleepy voice.

      “You still asleep? Ileonah!” He shouts from the other end.

      The voice keeps ringing inside my mind like a bell. I groan with anger and turn to a side letting my grasp lose the phone. It barely balances on my ear.

      “Ileonah paboya! We got recording today” He shouts, again.

      “What?” I sit up and my phone falls onto the bed.

      When did recording became a we thing not an I or you thing?

      “What recording?” I ask, quickly picking up the phone.

      “You need to see a doctor, now! You are so bad with remembering your schedules” He sighs.   

      “OST?” I ask as soon as something clicks inside my mind.

      “No, no… we are going to record us while having !” He speaks out of annoyance.

      “Hey that would be an interesting duet” I go along with his sarcasm.

      “Stop joking and come here!”

      A beep comes from the other end. And then I know that he hung up. I shrug. My mind just doesn’t keep track of anything.

      I don’t take more than fifteen minutes to get ready and head out. Omma tries to shove an omelette down my throat but the devil waiting for me at the studio will probably punch me hard enough to vomit it out. So I avoid and sprint to the elevator placing a hurried kiss on omma’s, Choco’s and Haengwon’s foreheads. Ah so many women in the house. How do I and Kibum survive? I don’t even know.

      Mornings are cold. Why are mornings so cold? Why do I always have to walk through a huge underground car park that is freezing cold to reach my car? Why didn’t I book this spot next to the elevator? Well I should have thought about the walking distance than being excited on how I will never have to wait for another car to move to take my one out of the park.

      I admit. I’m just like how Jung Min describes me; clumsy, lazy, clueless and unreasonable. But cute. Yes, he says I’m cute; one of the many compliments he gives me when he’s not in his devil mood which he is now.

      My phone vibrates behind the gear. I know who it is without even having to look at the screen.

      “I’m coming!” I say after answering the call with my trained hands keeping my eyes on the road.

      “Driving?” He asks, no he actually snaps it at me.

      A shiver goes down my spine. Hyung Junah… get ready for another scolding.

      “Mhm…” I nod, my eyes still glued on the road.

      But he doesn’t know that.

      “How many times have I asked you not to answer your phone while driving?”

      There he goes. I brake at a red light.

      “I’m actually waiting for the green light. So I’m not dri-”

      He cuts me off, as usual. “No excuses! No call answering either. Arrive here safe and sound or else you won’t be able to even imagine what I’d do to you”

      “Worried?” I say in a teasing tone.

      “Shut up and come”

      He hangs up for the second time today ending the call with the same words. I let out a big sigh.

      Wow… collaborating with Park Jung Min is worse than I thought. Well he was the one who proposed it though. I replay the conversation in my mind which we had at the hotel room.

 

      “So I’m planning on singing this duet OST thing for a drama… won’t be doing it any soon though and they still haven’t decided the person I’m going to sing with” I said playing with a sticker I removed out of a water bottle.

      “Duet… What’s the drama?” He asked forcing himself to ignore the word ‘duet’.

      “Ermm… Empress something. Well it ain’t confirmed yet” I took another huge breath and watched his head go up and down on my stomach.

      “Stop doing that”

      “Stop what? Singing the OST?” I asked in confusion.

      “No! I mean breathing so heavily. It ain’t funny anymore”

      I rolled my eyes at him.

      “So this OST… why are you suddenly singing an OST for a drama you aren’t even in? Don’t you have enough schedules already? And you got this Latin America tour coming up, and then back to album recording. You think you can keep up?” He asked trailing his hands along the lines of my shirt’s Mickey Mouse.

      “I don’t… know” I answered with doubts.

      “Don’t forget that you haven’t slept properly in over two weeks. You’ll collapse Junnie” He finally met my eyes.

      “Lift me then” I laughed and he slightly lifted his head until I’m done with my laughter and rested back again.

      “I wasn’t joking” I felt his tone being filled with annoyance.

      “Neither was I” I laughed again and he slapped my chest.

      “Ah…” I scrunched my face. “Okay fine! I’ll try to request for some day-off and sleep through it all”

      “How about we collab?” He raised his eyebrows with excitement.

      “For my album?” My voice went all loud with shock.

      “For the OST”

      “I knew you won’t let that duet thing go away” I said shaking my head.

      “I don’t care if you do some stupid duet with someone but I’m sure that the person ain’t going to be as co-operative as I am” He sat up on the bed and turned his back at me.

      “So how are you going to be co-operative than whomever I might sing with?” I asked watching out for a warning glance.

      But he didn’t turn. “I won’t tire you at least”

      “How is the other person going to tire me?”

      “I don’t know…” He stared down and his long hair strands parted to the sides from the middle.

      “You tired me enough in the past hour” I said through a laugh taking my hand through his messy hair which I was literally yanking earlier.

      I heard him let out a slight laugh. “If they still haven’t found someone then we can collab”

      “What about your schedules?” I asked.

      “I’ll cope with them somehow”

      “You are worried they’ll collab me with some male artist aren’t you?” I slid myself towards him and sent an arm around his shoulder.

      “Of course not!” He tried to shrug off my arm. “I just want another moment like the one we had during my Not Alone showcase… remember?”

      “Twitolaseon ni moseup cheortaero poimyeon andwae” I sang a line that matched to the current moment.

      He immediately turned himself to face me. “Happy?” He asked.

      I smiled at him. “I’ll tell manager hyung today. I want us to collab too”

      “That’s more like it” He nodded heavily that his silk hair fell onto his face.

      “Music collab later… We got another collab we have to work on right now” I leaned to his face with a grin.

      He grinned back.

     

      A smirk is covering my face as I brake in front of the studio. I park the car and quickly run inside not letting Jung Min get angrier. As I storm inside the controlling room I immediately spot Jung Min sitting on a sofa with his arms crossed around his chest bearing a highly pissed expression at me. I clear my throat and pant while bowing to the composer hyungdeul. They don’t seem as angry as that tall, long-haired boyfriend of mine who’s sitting at the corner.

      This is me seeing him after two weeks, or more. Our calls during my tour were surprisingly short. The only long call we had was the one which he called to check on me after hearing the news of me lacking oxygen in Bolivia. But that was short too comparing to the ones we usually have. It felt like we have lost the vibe in our relationship. So yeah, no wonder he’s pissed.

      I see him mumbling something silently. The composers are new and he surely doesn’t want any of them to see his scolding, angry and scary side so he’s silently cursing at me.

      “Hyung Jun-ssi you can rest for a few while. It seems like you hurried here so your voice won’t come out good if you start right now” One of them says and I bow with a huge smile.

      But that smile was a forced one. It means I’m getting more time to deal with Jung Min’s mood than go straight to rehearsing and pretend like I didn’t see his anger.

      Not that I want to do it but I push myself towards the sofa and sit next to him. He doesn’t react to my move. I wait for him to pinch me with his nails on the back of my hand but he does nothing, nothing at all; instead he takes out the lyric paper and stares at it.

      It surprises me and scares me.

      “Hyung Jun-ssi, here’s the lyrics” Composer hyung hands me two A4 sheets and stands up. “Relax a little until your voice is stable. We are going to grab a coffee from downstairs” He says pointing at his colleagues with his thumb.

      “Ah ye” A painful low grunt exits my mouth but I quickly smile to hide it.

      Another forced smile that was. Please don’t leave me alone in this room with Jung Min. He’s going to smack the living out of me.

      “Hyung… bring me an orange juice too okay?” Jung Min suddenly says next to my ear making me startle.

      He talked in informal tone; maybe he knows one of the composers?

      Why don’t I know them well?

      “Oh and” He speaks again before the last one shut the door. “Hyung Jun might need like ten or more minutes to stable his voice. He’s usually like that”

      My body paralyzes. I take a deep breath and brace myself for a ten minute long lecture, a couple of punches on my stomach following with complete ignorance to my presence after the fight.

       Composer nods and shuts the door behind him. My blood rushes and pools in my belly making me feel nausea. Jung Min stands up and walks to the door and locks it. I become completely still.

      Several seconds pass while Jung Min slowly walks towards me back again without uttering a single word. I decide to break the ice by apologizing but before I know he had climbed over my lap pressing his lips over mine making the back of my head hit the wall above the sofa. My hands are on the air and my eyes widened with shock.

      This is clearly not what I expected.

      “Yah! what are you doing?” He asks breaking our kiss which I didn’t participate in.

      I raise my eyebrows with more shock.

      “You didn’t see me only for two weeks and already forgot how to kiss me?” He gently slaps my both cheeks without letting me feel hurt.

      That wakes me up. The nausea feeling buries down and I finally bring myself to grasp his waist. I still feel a bit shaken though.

      “I thought… you were going to scold me?” I raise it as a question.

      “You are exhausted enough. I don’t want to ruin your mood anymore” He says staring down.

      “And you decided that while I was driving, yeah?”

      “Maybe…” He tilts his head to a side.

      “I was scared to death” I say while laughing.

      “I know” He laughs along with me.

      And then he pouts, cutely. I cannot hold back. I pull him closer from his waist and kiss him. He messes up my hair without caring I would have to work on it again. Our lips claim each other waking up every feeling we have been holding back for the past two weeks. Honestly, the kiss is a mess. Not a bad mess but a good mess. We are too fast like we are about to catch a leaving train. Probably because of the long helpless waiting period we had.

      I never keep my urges back when I’m with Jung Min. Wherever or whenever I’d go into depths. So I do it, I trail down my passionate kisses down his neck. He yanks my hair and pulls me back.

      “No, not here” He warns me.     

      I groan with annoyance.

      “If you start, I won’t stop. So no” He shakes his index finger in front of my face.

      “I miss you, I can’t help it” I hug him burying my face in his chest.

      “I know. But you got to wait until we get free from schedules. And now, I got to unlock that door” He tries to withdraw from the hug but I tighten my grasp.

      “Junah…” He gently my hair.

      “Little bit more okay?” I ask for time as in he would ever listen.

      But he does. Surprising but it’s a helpless reaction to the amount of how much he has missed me.

      “Let me go ha?” He asks after a several seconds.

      “Andwae” I snap and nuzzle against his coat.

      “Okay ten seconds and you let me go before anyone tries to come in” He hugs me tightly and I nod.

      I feel calmer than ever. This touch… it has some magic that can drown me in. The best hug in the world I swear.

      “Okay ten secs gone” He pulls back and I let him go as promised.

      But he doesn’t get up. “Ah jinja…” He shakes his head and pulls me into another kiss.

      I chuckle against his lips and kiss him back. And this time it isn’t me who takes the second step. I become a mess under his deep kisses all over my neck. For a moment I’m scared that he’ll rip off my sweater’s neck but I really don’t care I guess.

      “God you feel good” I whisper pushing my head back exposing the flesh of my neck for him.

      He kisses me hardly and passionately until a loud knock breaks our moment.

      We both gasp.

      “” He stands up in a millisecond.

    

___________________________________________________________________________

"Twitolaseon ni moseup cheortaero poimyeon andwae" means Your back turned at me is something I will never want to see...