My One Wish; You

Because of Guppy
January 25
 
It's my birthday. I'm so lonely. 
Hello, my name's Grace and I turn eight today.
I live in a tiny, but cozy cabin in a small town. Small town = Small School = Small group of classmates. There's really only 10 of us; 2 girls and 8 boys. It's not that in a loner or anything, it's just the kids there aren't very... I don't know, friendly. I only have my twin brother and the other girl in my class as a friend. 
 
It's a Saturday today which means no school. Free time for me, but with no one to spend it with. My parents are at work today, my brother Gab is outside playing hockey with his friends. I think of going to my favourite place to play, the meadows. My favourite place to play.. In the summer. It's currently snowing outside, but since I'm bored out of my mind, I decide to anyways. My puppy, Guppy, weird name I know. Gab found him and named him that. I'll take him with me, at least I'll have someone to play with. 
 
I get my knit scarf, jacket and hat and put them on. Guppy, being too energetic all the time, already beat me to the door. Just as I was about to open it, I see a boy through the door window. 
 
Young, but he looks older than me by a few years. With a black hat that can't cover his elf like looking ears and a goofy smile plastered on his face. Did I mention he was tall? Like REALLY tall? He looks like... A murderer?! Murderer at my door step. Out of reflex and what my parents taught me, I kick him down there. Hard.
 
"OWWW!" He yells, grabbing his lower parts in pain. 
"I came here to deliver cake all the way from the city and what happens? I get kicked." He has a deep voice for a kid.
I suddenly perk up. Did I mention that I'm a er for cake?
 
"Cake?"
"Yes, cake."
"Really?"
"Really."
 
I think my mouth is watering right now. If the elf boy really did come to deliver cake, maybe kicking him wasn't a very good idea. He said he came all the way from the city after all. Wrong move, I could've got cake. 
 
"What kind of cake?"
"Chocolate." He grins.
My eyes widen. Chocolate cake, my favourite.
"Um.. I'm sorry for kicking you. It's just, you sort of looked like a murderer."
He stares at me for a second. Then out of nowhere, bursts out laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world. I laugh along with him. It was a silly thought, I know.
 
As he was about to take the cake out of his backpack, Guppy bites his leg and runs  away with the backpack.
"OWWW!" He shouts in pain.
"YAH! MY CAKE!" I run after him.
"Little girl! Wait for me!" The boy runs by my side.
"Sorry about Guppy, I guess he was just hungry." I mumble
He nods, that warm smile returning to his face.
"Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol," He randomly blurts out. "and you are?"
Hmm? Who's chanyeol? Oh him, he's chanyeol. 
"I'm Grace." I say, breathing heavily. Guppy sure runs fast.
"Nice to meet you." He smiles his warm smile.
 
I knew Guppy had lots of energy but I didn't know that it was this much. We've been chasing him through every nook and cranny of the market. Townspeople can be heard yelling "Hey you!", "Stop right there!", "Come over here!", as we pass their stands. There's nothing we can really do but mutter sorry. I think we've been chasing Guppy for a whole hour now. Till finally, he reaches a dead end. 
 
"Gotcha! Now give me back my cake." I pick him up and put his blue leash on him. 
"Well that was fun." Chanyeol breathes out. We're both completely exhausted and out of breath. 
 
After catching our breath, a light bulb lights up in my head. 
"Do you want to eat the cake with me? I know a good place to eat it. There's a meadow by here. It's my favourite place to play." I say excitedly. I really want some company, being alone on your birthday .
He hesitates at first, but then grins and nods. 
"Follow me!" Taking his hand, I lead the way. 
Cheerfully skipping along, I didn't notice his cheeks. A darker shade of red than before, but not because of the cold.
 
"Oh yeah, I forgot to greet you," Rubbing the back of his head, like he was embarrassed about it. "Happy Birthday Grace." He smiles at me like he is the happiest boy alive.
 
I've never met anyone like him before. His dazzling smile, warm enough to melt all the snow and turn winter to spring. His eyes, which shine so bright and illuminating my world. His positive energy, sharing his happiness with others.
 
Park Chanyeol
This boy, this boy is different.
A precious, valuable gem that cannot be found anywhere else.
A gem that does not belong in this small town, but in the busy city.
They say if you let things go and they come back to you somehow, it's meant to be.
The next time we meet, I won't let you go.