A Portion Of An Immortal's Life

A Portion Of An Immortal's Life

Siwon was an immortal. However, he couldn’t keep his youth. The only way to look young again is to eat a heart of a young person. But unlike most immortals, Siwon wasn’t interested in looking young and handsome. Although his face and body looked old, he wasn’t some old man who have arthritis and could barely walk. In fact, he could run as fast as teenagers. As long as he remained healthy and able to do his normal daily activities, then that’s all that matters to him.

He was lonely though. Who would want to be with an old man? People usually think having an elderly person is such a bother. Elderly people easily forgot things, act clumsily and fall, have a lot of complains about their body and pains, kept on talking about the past things. Because of Siwon’s old looks and age (although nobody knew his real age which is probably around 500 years old), nobody tries to befriend him. Well, some old people does but Siwon doesn’t want to associate himself with old people that aren’t immortals like him.

One day, a baseball ball broke Siwon’s window. Siwon took the ball and went out of his house. He saw kids with baseball bats and baseball gloves a few meters away from his house. The kids were all standing and simply looking at him. They were all tense. They probably thought that Siwon would get angry and scold them just like what most old people do. But then, Siwon simply threw the ball towards them. One of them was quick enough and caught it. Then Siwon went back inside his house. He didn’t see how amazed the kids were at his skills.

A few minutes passed by, Siwon got a visitor. A young kid wearing a baseball uniform. His left hand was wearing a baseball glove. “Mister, I would like to apologize. It was my fault that the ball broke your window.” The young kid bowed in an apologetic manner.

“It’s okay. It’s not like you did it purposely anyway.”

“Thank you for being so understanding, mister!!! Um, can I ask something?”

“What is it?”

“Were you a baseball player? Your throw was really cool for an old man…I mean…uh.…oops! Sorry.” The young kid blushed in embarrassment and scratched his head.

Siwon smiled. He was starting to like the kid. “What’s your name, kid?”

“Shindong."

The young kid named Shindong started visiting Siwon every day. He wanted Siwon to play baseball with his friends but Siwon refused to. But if it’s just between the two of them, Siwon wouldn’t even hesitate to show off his skills. As time went by, Shindong treated Siwon’s house as his second home. He would ask Siwon to tutor him so Shindong’s grades went even higher. Shindong wanted Siwon to meet his parents but Siwon would always refuse just like how he would refuse to play baseball with Shindong’s friends.

“You’re really antisocial. You’re lucky that you have me as your friend.” Shindong said but even Siwon wondered how long their friendship would last. When Shindong grew up, he’ll gain more friends and perhaps a girlfriend and school life would get more hectic then join a lot of extracurricular activities because he’s talented and where would Siwon fit in his schedule?

Time flew fast. Shindong was a teenager now. Everything that Siwon thought was becoming true. Shindong spent less and less time with him. One time, Shindong decided to visit Siwon. He was surprised to see that Siwon actually had a visitor. Shindong hid and tried to listen and watch their conversation.

“Siwon, I want to be with you again. Please accept this heart.” The visitor was young and handsome. He looked like a young adult.

“No. You said it yourself that being paired with an immortal is boring because neither of us dies so we have to be stuck with each other but you can’t do that because you’re such a playboy and a ert. Another thing is that you like young people. You can’t live with someone old-looking like me.”

“I was wrong! I made a mistake. I want to be with you forever! It’s not that I can’t live with someone old-looking. It’s just that don’t you want to look young once in a while? Come on. Just eat it!!!”

“No!!! I don’t like the fact the immortals kill young people for the sake of getting their hearts to become young-looking.”

“I did not kill the owner of this heart. He just died in a young age because of a disease. You don’t need to feel guilty about this heart. Please? Just eat it. Let’s become young once again and start all over. Okay?”

The heart was already on Siwon’s hands. He would very much like to be young again. He was very close to eating it. Just one more inch away from his lips but he moved his hand down. “I’ll eat it but not now.

“Why?”

“Because if I become young once again, then I have to move away from here. I have to start everything all over again with a new identity. There’s still someone that…”

“You have someone else?!?! With that old face of yours?!?!”

“You know what?!?! Get out!!! And don’t ever show yourself to me ever again!!! I bet all you wanted was to have a nice with my young body. Why don’t you give that heart to some other old-looking immortal who would be very much willing to be young-looking again and you.” Siwon pushed the visitor out of his house. The visitor punched and kicked the door a few times before leaving.

Siwon was finally felt relieved when his visitor left but he tensed all over again when he saw Shindong standing at one side. “I heard everything.” Shindong confessed. “I’ve always wondered why you were so different from other old people. Now I know why.”

“Can I trust you not to tell other people?”

“Your secret is safe with me. There’s also something else I want to know.”

“Just ask. I can’t seem to keep secrets from you anymore.”

“Why didn’t you just accept the heart, become young and start a new life elsewhere? And what did you mean about there’s someone? Is there really someone you like or were you just making that up?”

“It’s you. If I became young once again, you wouldn’t recognize me. I didn’t want to leave because I wanted to spend more time with you. If I had to leave, I wanted to at least properly say goodbye. You’re special to me. Is it weird to be confessed by an old-looking guy?” Siwon chuckled as he saw Shindong’s facial expression.

“Honestly, yes. You’re like…a grandpa to me…ya know…”

“Then maybe I should just eat this heart so I could look young and perhaps I would get better chances with you.” Siwon said as he remembered the his hand was still holding the heart that his visitor had given to him earlier.

“Maybe but not in front of me. I may love eating but I don’t eat human organs.” Shindong said as he turned his head. Siwon chuckled and moved to the kitchen to eat privately. When he came back to the living room as a young adult, Shindong couldn’t help but stare. “Now I know why that visitor wanted to your young body.”

“So you don’t think it’s disgusting to make out with me right now?”

“Huh? What…?” Shindong blushed as Siwon moved closer.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” Siwon whispered and closed the distance between their lips.

THE END

A/N: It’s weird how a few years back then there were just a child and an old man. Now, there’s a teenager and a young adult as a couple. But either way, Siwon should be called a e right? Comments please?