Why did this have to chose me? (Taemi)

Secrets
I set my violin down and ran to the bathroom, vomiting in the sink. I didn't have time to think because I started coughing violently. Everything hurt. I had a terrible headache. Just then, Sica entered the room. Why SNSD Jessica, of all people? Jessica is a sweet girl, but the problem is that I work as an assistant for snsd. If anyone told on me I would be sent home. Sica looked concerned. "Tam dongsaeng!", she cried. "What's wrong. OK. Go see a doctor, now. I don't want you to get anything serious. You've also been getting so many headaches recently!Go now. I'll tell them you're sick" I wasn't given a choice. I found myself sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. Finally, I was called in to see the doctor. She smiled brightly when she saw me. "Taemi? Pak Taemi? As in Le Jasmynn' s baby?", she asked. I nodded but didn't smile. She kept on smiling. "Aigoo! You're so pretty! I can't believe that you've grown so much! You know, of the three children in your family, the Vietnamese features were all taken by you. You look so good. Now, Taemi, tell me. What's wrong?" I sighed. "Dr, I think that it's my "condition" that's acting up again", I told her. My condition, of course, was blood cancer, or leukemia. I didn't like to use that word. No one, except for my family of course, and Minji knew about it. Well, that isn't entirely true. SooMan had to know, but that wasn't important. "Dr", I said, "I've been getting these constant headaches, and I've been vomiting every time after I eat something. I'm scared that something's happening. On some days, I feel like I am unable to get out of my bed in the mornings. I don't know what's happening! Help me, please!!", I begged. The doctor held onto my shoulders tightly. "Pak Taemi!" she said "Listen to me. I will never let you go. Is this really the way to fight through? You have to be strong, no matter what. I know that you haven't seen your parents in years, but I have spoken to them and they are very proud of you. They want you to stay strong. Your brother wants you to fight, as does your sister! Go home and rest. Remember, Taemi. Fighting!" I slowly walked home, and fell on the bed. Images filled my mind. My mother. I could still remember when she and my father went to China for work. I never see them, but I still get calls occasionally. I remember my mothers words to me, while my father waited in the car for her. I had been alone when they left. My mother had put her arm around me. "Taemi", she had said, "I love you. You are my youngest daughter. You need to show everyone you're strong. Although he keeps distance I know that your father loves you, too. You won't see us for a long time. You will have to learn to take care of yourself. Never give up. Megumi will look after you and when your brother comes home, he will, too. As much as we want to be a part of your life, we cannot. I'm so sorry, Taemi. You will be alone in this world from now on. Maybe some day in the future, I can make it up to you. Right now, I can't do very much. Take what you've learned from your parents so far, and use it in the future. Look up to your siblings for help and guidance. They will be all you have to hold on to, so don't let go, until the time is right. Taemi, never forget everything your father and I have taught you. Keep moving forward no matter what. Don't let any scrapes or burns shake you. Take care. Goodbye." I will never forget my mother on that day. She looked beautiful with her hair down wearing a white shirt and her long black skirt. I could tell, that she was smiling for me. But her eyes, were crying and full of sorrow. She felt sorry, even regretted having to leave us for her work. When she hugged me, I understood. She wanted to stay, she would stay, if she had the choice. I knew she would do anything so she wouldn't have to leave. But there wasn't anything she could do. She was bound by contract. I felt sorry for her. She loves us with her all. I felt terrible. I was useless. I just sat and watched her, my own mother, cry in pain in front of me. And I let her. I wanted to believe the smile. I wanted to believe it was like it used to be.