A Very HP Weekend (Not)

Into the Wild Nerd Yonder [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao was new to Korea, having joined the foreign exchange student program for this year, and he knew he would have plenty of new experiences. However upon joining this club—the Guild—he had experienced some of the strangest things.

Like for example, he was at a Harry Potter marathon.

And it’s not that that itself was the weird part. What made it strange was the fact that everyone was so hardcore at being a fan.

They—the members—actually thought Tao was the weird one for not even dressing up. Not even a simple HP shirt or even a makeshift wand was present with the exchange student.

“Tao, how can you not own at least a pair of round glasses,” Lu Han had asked him, gaping at him in disbelief. Tao did a once over at the other’s attire and noted that Lu Han actually owned a Gryffindor quidditch robe with his last name on it.

Sehun had actually brought his $300 firebolt replica and practically screamed at anyone who went near it, including Tao who just wanted a simple look. And Kris even owned Lucius Malfoy’s wand, the walking stick part as well.

The only person Tao thought was somewhat normal was Kyungsoo, but even he went all out for the occasion and made several Harry Potter themed snacks and treats.

Though Tao had to admit, this strange concoction of “butter beer” was delicious.

“Now, Jongdae, please do not leave the confinements of the living room,” Junmyeon was practically begging his boyfriend who was seated on the couch in between Minseok and Yixing. “It took me a while to even convince my mother to have you back over, so please son’t ruin this opportunity to redeem yourself.”

“Don’t worry too much,” Jongdae has said, relaxing into the couch. “You don’t have any pets anymore so there’s nothing for me to accidentally kill. I’ll keep myself in check.”

Tao knew, just how everyone else knew, that Jongdae would probably screw everything up by the end of the night.

“But I hope everyone got my text about this marathon also being a joint event for my birthday!” Jongdae then screamed, jumping off the couch and raising his arms high as if expecting loud cheers, but was only replied to with silence.

Jongdae looked around at everyone’s blank faces.

“Oh c’mon!” he complained loudly, arms falling limp at his sides. “None of you check your phones? I sent a text to everyone.”

“…I don’t have anything from you,” Jongin said after taking his phone out to check his incoming texts.

Jongdae frowned.

“Yeah, me neither,” Baekhyun added, followed with Chanyeol nodding after him after pulling his phone out as well.

“Baby, none of us got a text,” Junmyeon said gently, patting his boyfriend’s shoulder.

Jongdae grabbed his phone and checked his messages—he was sure he sent a block message to everyone so—

Oh.

 

Message failed to send.

 

“…If you want, you can have all the snitch cupcakes,” Kyungsoo offered, feeling bad for Jongdae’s failure to use a phone.

Jongdae sighed before collapsing onto the couch, void of any energy. “Thank you, Kyungsoo, that’s very kind.”

“Is it your birthday today?” Tao asked.

“It’s actually tomorrow,” Sehun answered for him, appearing at the exchange student’s side. “But I guess we were supposed to celebrate it today.”

“No matter!” Chanyeol announced boisterously, holding up the complete series of Harry Potter. “Let’s get this party started!”

Minseok sighed heavily and threw his head against the back of the couch as if frustrated. “I still think we should have done Star Trek…”

“Quit your moping Baozi,” Lu Han said, flicking his friend’s forehead. “We’ll watch that another time.”

“Yeah, but I don’t think Tao has seen it!” Minseok exclaimed before looking at Tao pointedly. “You haven’t seen Star Trek, right?”

Tao had enough sense to shake his head no.

“See?” Minseok cried triumphantly. “That’s why we should have watched that instead—”

“Oh my holy hippogriff, hyung shut up, it’s starting,” Sehun hissed, throwing a piece of popcorn at the eldest.

“Now, now, Sehun-ah,” Junmyeon started, frowning at the youngest of the group. “That’s no way to talk to—”

“Shh!”

“Okay.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter