New student

Backhug

You and Chorong have been best friends since kindergarten. You are the quiet, unasumming girl who sits at the back of the class and only talk to others if you have to. But Chorong is the popular girl who all the boys fall for and is the one who makes a move on a boy if she likes him. One day, your teacher, Ms Lee, announced,"Class, today we will be having a new student. His name is Luhan. Please be nice to him." All the girls swooned as they saw him. You saw the gaze in Chorong's eyes. Uh oh. You knew she was going to make her move. "Ah, yes. Luhan, there's an empty seat next to ____. You can sit there." Your eyes widened. Luhan walked over and greeted you. You nodded shyly. You couldn't contain your happiness. You knew you had fallen for him. You noticed something in Chorong's eyes-Jealousy. But you had to protect your friendship. During recess, Chorong approached Luhan and volunteered to guide him around the school. Chorong smirked at you while she was walking with Luhan. You felt sad and frustrated at the same time. Luhan kept trying to approach you but would be dragged away by Chorong. One day you decided to pluck up your courage to confront Chorong and tell her that you like Luhan. Chorong simply said,"Aigoo, ___. Haven't you learned anything all these years while we have been best friends? When I like someone, I don't let anything stand in my way. Puhlease. Try getting Luhan with your looks. Fat chance!" You were furious. You yelled,"At least I'm not some stupid girl who thinks that she's pretty and can get anything she wants!" She gave you that 'How-dare-you-say-that-to-me' face. She grabbed her school bag and stomped out of school. Since she was out of school already, you decided it was time dor you to approach Luhan. He was at the canteen. "Hi, Luhan... Erm... Erm... I need to tell you something... I... Li... like-" You got cut off. "Aigoo. You're so cute. I like you too. Took you long enough to confess." He said. 'Huh? Cute? Luhan just called me cute?! OMO!' You thought to yourself. Your mind was blank and you didn't realise you were giving him one of those innocent 'Huh-what-did-you-say' looks. He continued,"Nae~ This isn't a dream. ____, I do like you. But with that Chorong i couldn't even get close to you." You couldn't believe it. You paced around for a while and suddenly, you felt warm arms wrap around you. Omo! A backhug?! That's like in the Korean dramas. "Ok. Ok. I get it. I do accept you, Luhan." He was so happy. "Jjinja?! Alright! Since we're together now, why not get some Bubble Tea? Call?" He asked. You nodded your head in agreement. "But what about Chorong?" You asked. "Don't worry. If she is your best friend, she would accept us." he assured you.