Thank You, Thank You

Box of Chocolates

Part 2~

A deep and contented sigh was all that can be heard as the lone person occupying the bed buried its body further into the sheets. It was a peaceful saturday morning, a day where everyone can sleep and get away with the stress weekdays brought.

“Rise and shine, Jessi!”

Apparently not for someone like Tiffany Hwang.

“Jessi! Wake up!”

Tiffany had her one knee resting on top of the bed while her other feet remained rooted on the floor. She roughly shook the lifeless body awake, pulling the blanket away in the process, which was replied with a loud grunt.

“Good morning to you too, baby.” Tiffany cooed as she lowered her body, pressing her lips to the person’s exposed cheek. “Now get up! You promised to take me to the flower garden we passed by the other day. Such a perfect day to see beautiful and colorful flowers!”

“Why do you have to babble so early in the morning?”

A gentle hand made its way to Tiffany’s neck and pulled her closer. She let out a soft giggle as Jessica hid her face in the crook of Tiffany’s neck.

“I’m not babbling, what I say actually makes sense.”

“Well I don’t understand any of it.”

“You’re so mean.” Tiffany gave a light slap on Jessica’s arm.

“I’m sorry. I was just kidding.” Jessica murmured against Tiffany’s throat. Enjoying the feel of vibration on her lips when the girl talks.

 “I’ll forgive you if you get up now.”

“It’s freakin’ seven in the morning, Tiffany.”

“Please, Jessi?”

An even louder grunt echoed in the confines of their room, “No.”

“You promised.”

“I didn’t promise to be up this early!”

“But we can spend the day together longer if you wake up now.”

Jessica heard the broken sound of Tiffany’s voice —it’s fake, no doubt. Tiffany do this all the time— and it made the former lift her head up to see the pitiful, sparkly puppy eyes of Tiffany. The two eventually had a staring contest, to which Jessica lost. Jessica never wins, not with Tiffany’s puppy eyes.

“Fine, fine. I’m up.” Finally giving up, Jessica tried to get up from the bed, but was tackled back down.

“Yey! You’re the best, Jessi!” Tiffany peppered her lover with soft kisses all over her face.

“I don’t understand why you’re so excited to see some flowers. I mean, our front yard is already filled with them.” Jessica questions while closing her eyes at the morning treat.

“Can’t it be just because I want to see more flowers? All I see in the office are papers! Very boring.”

“Ah. Isn’t it nice to see other colors than pink?”

Another slap resonated, only this time it was louder.

“That’s not true. Pink is the best!”

“Then why can’t we just stay here then? Look around you.”

Jessica eyed their shared room and cringed at the surrounding. They’ve been staying at the same room for the past two years but Jessica is still not able to be completely settled with a pink room. The color simply defies all that is Jessica. Yet there can be no other place she would feel most at home.

“Well it’s nice to see other colors too.” Tiffany timidly answered.

“You’re such a kid.”

“And you’re a grumpy old woman.”

“Yes. Now will you be kind and let this old woman get more sleep?” It was now Jessica’s turn to look all cute and convincing.

“Aww, so cute. Nice try but no. Get up and shower while I make breakfast!”

Maybe not convincing.

--

“So beautiful!” Tiffany screamed her lungs out as she ran along the flowery field with Jessica tagging along in a steady pace. “This is so refreshing! Right Jessi?!”

Jessica only nodded in reply. She was nothing near Tiffany anyway. The bubbly girl running around in circles, letting her fingers glide through the full-blown flowers.

"Jessi! It would be really awesome if we have a garden this wide! We can plant many flowers! Maybe I can have a flower shop. Jessi! Let's have a flower shop!"

"Whoa, whoa. Hold it up right there, woman! No one's having a flower shop."

"You're no fun Jessi!" Tiffany huffed. "I'll take care of them!"

"You barely have the time to water your flowers at home." Jessica quickly looked away from Tiffany's gaze otherwise she'll mindlessly agree to whatever the girl is saying.

"Yes I do! You're the one who's not helping me."

"I'm busy with work as it is, Tiff." Jessica defended, plopping herself on the ground.

"You're just lazy. It's not even hard to water them." Tiffany mumbled under her breath, sitting down beside Jessica in the process.

"What did you say?"

"I said the flowers are beautiful, Jessi."

"Thought so."

Jessica s an arm around Tiffany's neck and purposely fell on her back, pulling Tiffany with her.

"Ahh. The weather is so nice."

"Says the one who doesn't want to go out."

Tiffany giggled at the sight of her girlfriend. Jessica had her eyes closed, lips pressed into a wide smile with her free hand stretched towards the sky.

"That's because I thought it'll be really sunny today."

"Or you just want to sleep the whole day."

"That and to snuggle with you." Jessica held Tiffany by the waist and pulled her closer.

"Aren't you a cheeseball?" Tiffany asked coyly.

"You love it when I'm cheesy." Jessica leaned forward and gave the girl an eskimo kiss. She was about to lean even more when a sudden drop of water startled the both of them.

And another one.

The droplets fell continuously into a drizzle.

“Oh come on! I just said the weather was nice!” Jessica yelled as they both got up to their feet.

“It’s not that bad, Jessi. It’s not like it’s going to rain hard.”

As if on cue, a thunder roared and was quickly followed by the heavy downpour.

“Really, Tiffany? Really?” Jessica had a stupefied look on her face.

“I didn’t do anything!”

Jessica hastily grabbed Tiffany’s hand, ready to run back to their car. Only Tiffany won’t even budge from her spot.

“Tiff! Let’s go back to the car!” Jessica pulled the girl’s hand with a little bit of force.

“Let’s just stay here Jessi. It’s been so long since we’ve played in the rain!” Tiffany exclaimed as she craned her neck, letting the cold rain hit her delicate face.

“You’re twenty-two for a reason, Tiffany. Let’s go back to the car now!”

The girl merely shrugged, ignoring her slightly fuming girlfriend.

“Have it your way. I’m going back.”

“Don’t you dare, Jessica! Look, we’re soaked now anyways.”

Tiffany pointed herself, wet clothes pressed against her body with her wet locks dangling on the side of her face.

“Come on Tiff. It’s getting really cold.”

“Poor baby, let me hug you.”

Tiffany walked to the shivering Jessica and engulfed her in a warm hug.

“We are so getting a cold after this.” Jessica muttered, returning the hug.  

“Don’t mind that. We’re under the rain! Isn’t this romantic, Jessi?”

“Not if we catch a cold.”

“Why are you so unromantic?” Tiffany frowned.

Jessica didn’t say anything, but cupped Tiffany’s face with her hands and gently kissed the girl. Warmth spread in every part of their body as their lips moved in sync with the rain heavily pouring above their heads.

“Was that romantic enough for you?” Jessica kissed her girlfriend’s half-lidded eyes.

Tiffany nodded with breaking into a wide smile. Jessica may not be the most romantic person in the world, but there is no one that could make Tiffany’s stomach churn, mind go blank and heart go haywire than Jessica.

A simple gesture is enough.

Like the ‘I love you’s Jessica never fails to whisper in her ear right after she wakes up. Or the kisses Jessica gives every time Tiffany happens to stare too long at her.

It’s only Jessica that managed to capture Tiffany’s eyes when they were little. And it remains that way over the years. Only now Jessica not only captures Tiffany’s eyes, but she holds the girl’s heart as well.

Tiffany was pulled back from her trance when Jessica tucked a single flower behind her ear.

“Your smile still shines even under the rain.”

Tiffany’s smile stretched even wider –if that is still possible- and hugged the girl even tighter. Little gestures and Tiffany feel the happiest.

 --

A slam of the door was heard after two figures stomped they way into the living room. Normally the two will walk in, hand in hand with crisp laughter and sweet nothings filling the air.

But tonight it was different.

“I told you she’s a client.” Jessica snapped. She looked at Tiffany with stone cold eyes. Eyes that were filled with softness and love just a few hours ago.

“You ate dinner with her!” Tiffany retorted. She’s not going to take all the blame. Not if Jessica speaks to her as if this was all her fault.

“It was a business meeting!”

“You could have talked in your office. Why go out and eat dinner?”

“Are you seriously mad just because I did not eat dinner with you?” Jessica asked incredulously. That was a pretty nonsense reason to start an argument, she thinks.

“I’m mad because I saw my girlfriend happily chatting and eating dinner with another girl.”

“I said it was a meeting! Can you stop being so jealous for once?!”

The room fell silent after Jessica’s outburst. Her cold eyes turned soft as she painfully noticed the broken look on Tiffany’s eyes.

“Look, Tiff –”

“It was a business meeting. I get it.” Tiffany her heel and made a beeline upstairs.

 Jessica sighed and ruffled her hair in frustration and anger –all towards herself.  She wasted no time and followed Tiffany in their shared bedroom.

The door creaks open and Jessica carefully went inside. She found Tiffany curled up under the blankets. With heavy footsteps, she approached the younger girl and slid under the sheets.

“I’m sorry.” Jessica tightly embraced Tiffany from behind and planted soft little kisses on Tiffany’s neck as she repeats the two words from .

Tiffany quietly turned around to face Jessica, her glistening eyes clearly visible.

“I’m really sorry.” Jessica wiped Tiffany’s tears with her thumb. She hates seeing Tiffany cry, but she hates herself even more for she was the cause of it.

“I’m sorry too, Jessi. I know I should stop getting jealous all the time but—”

Jessica pressed her lips against Tiffany’s, lightly nibbling the girl’s lower lip.

“I love only you, Tiff. Trust me on this one.”

“I know. I just don’t like it when other people stand or sit too close to you! I’m the only one allowed to do that.” Tiffany huffed in defense.

Jessica laughed in amusement, enjoying different expressions on Tiffany’s face as she explained herself.

“My baby is so possessive.”

“I just – I love you so much, Jessi.” Tiffany weakly said.

Jessica said nothing but held Tiffany’s face in her hands and poured all of forgiveness and love in a passionate kiss.

--

“Hello?”

“Jessi!”

“Tiff? What is it? I’m in the middle of a meeting right now.”

“Let’s go out for dinner tonight. I’ll just text you where, okay? See you later, Jessi!”

“Wha-” The line went dead before Jessica can even mutter a word.

-

Jessica glanced at her wrist watch. She sighed as she read the current time, she is half an hour late to the dinner with Tiffany and she figured it will take a couple more hours for the meeting to end.

She fished her phone out and typed a message, ‘I’m sorry baby but I can’t get out of this meeting. I’ll be home late too. Let’s just have dinner next time, my treat!’ She sent the message with a heavy heart.

-

Walking to the front door, Jessica’s eyes furrowed at the darkness that met her as she went inside. The meeting lasted three hours more after she sent Tiffany a message that she will be home late.

“Tiff?” Jessica called out but was answered with silence. She placed her keys on the small table by the door. Tiffany isn’t home yet, otherwise there will be another set of keys on it.

Where could she—Oh.

Jessica rolled her eyes and shook her head at the realization. She quickly went out and headed to her car.

-

“Tiffany?”

“Jessi!”

“Are you crazy? How long have you been waiting here?” Jessica scolded, taking a seat in front of Tiffany.

“That was hardly the greeting I was expecting.” Tiffany pouted.

“I sent you a text, didn’t I? We could’ve just moved this dinner tomorrow night.”

“Other people can have dinner with you but I can’t?” Tiffany narrowed her eyes and glared at her girlfriend.

“So that’s what this is all about?” Jessica smirked.

“I have the right to have dinner with you anytime, anywhere I want.” Still glaring, now with arms crossed.

“Yes, yes you have. You waited almost four hours for me though.”

Tiffany’s face lightens up when she heard the concern in Jessica’s voice.

“I don’t mind waiting for you. Though I have to admit I’m starving now.” Tiffany rubbed her stomach, but still had a smile on her face.

“You could have at least eaten something.” Jessica worriedly said, wondering how can Tiffany be smiling when she’s already starving.

“Nah, I want to eat with you.”

The night went on with Tiffany’s rambling about her day and Jessica’s amused smile, listening intently. She never got tired of Tiffany’s stories, maybe it’s just Tiffany’s voice but Jessica always finds herself lured in their own little world whenever Tiffany’s around and everything goes black and white.

Over the years she became accustomed of having Tiffany in every part of her life. Of the flutter she feels even when they were little. Of the love they both share.

--

Tiffany stirred from her slumber when she heard a sudden song playing. She felt a dip on the side of the bed and a hand rested on her waist.

“Listen to the song.”

A kiss on her ear completely woke her up, just as she heard the first line of the song.

Starting from some point, our hands held together seems natural
Rather than fluttering excitement, it’s comfortable – am I getting tamed by you?

Tiffany rolled on her side, facing Jessica and smiled at the sight of her girlfriend.

“Good morning, Jessi.”

Jessica shushed Tiffany in reply, “Just Listen.”

You say we’re fine the way we are with warm words and that same smile

“Aren’t you going to sing it for me?” Tiffany teased, resting her head on the crook of Jessica’s neck.

“Why do you think I just made you listen to it?”

“But I’ll love it even more if you’re singing it.”

“I don’t want to.”

Tiffany pulled away and looked into Jessica’s eyes.

“Sing it for me.” Damn that big, pitiful, sparkly puppy eyes.

“So demanding.” Jessica sighed opened to sing.

I wanna thank you and I love you
Even though I can’t express everything with words

“Aww I love you too, Jessi.” Tiffany lightly pinched Jessica’s cheek.

“Let me sing, will you?” Jessica placed a chaste kiss on Tiffany’s lips and continued singing.

I wanna thank you – thank you, I don’t know how else to say it
So I want to make you listen to this song like this
Thank you, thank you, thank you

You’re the only reason I sing.

Tiffany can’t help but giggle as Jessica closely sang the words to her ear.

From the beginning to now

Still the only reason I live.

The playful grin plastered on Tiffany’s face was replaced by a genuine smile. She abruptly stopped Jessica from uttering another word by placing her lips against Jessica’s, giving the girl a deep kiss.

It was always Jessica who conveys her feelings with actions, -kisses, hugs, more kisses- while Tiffany says all the words -I love you, I love you.

But after Jessica sang her heart out, words died in Tiffany’s mouth. And so she kisses Jessica in hopes that the girl will feel how much she is loved.

From now to the far days ahead
I wanted to let you hear this, you, who will be by my side

“Thank you.” Jessica connected their foreheads, staring into Tiffany’s eyes.

“I think you already made your point, Jessi.”

“I was being romantic!”

Jessica pouted, which made Tiffany pinch the daylight out of her cheeks.

“So cute!”

--

 

a/n: Ra.D – Thank You, Thank You (one of the songs I really, really love. I can listen to it nonstop XD) anyways, how was it? I personally think it’s all over the place, maybe because I wrote it every ten minutes while doing projects >___< Thank you for reading~ :D have a nice day everyone!