x Our Monthsary

Monthsary

x Nothing could be better

The day at the Kim/Nam household was as always; a rhapsody of random noises, a few whining and dramatic gasps here and there. This day however, was just that little bit more special for Kim Hyelim, or rather as Woohyun would have it, Nam Hyelim.

-

Her footsteps were light as she crept down the stairs and into the kitchen with a look of determination. It was 7 in the morning and she knows that her parents were most probably still asleep and would definitely not be up that early. That was the perfect time for her to prepare what she needed for the day.

“Ttal?” A voice sounded through the kitchen, echoing off the walls and she cursed silently under the breath. Why am I so unlucky…

“Papa,” Hyelim, or rather Lime, turned around and looked at Woohyun, one of her father, with a bright smiled plastered on her face.

Woohyun stood there look at her. Something was off and he can’t put his finger on what. “What are you doing at this time?” he asked.

“Well, I was planning to cook something for myself to eat, breakfast of course,” Lime answered, gesturing to the fridge and smiling.

“Really now,” Woohyun mumbled, glancing from the fridge to Lime. Finally, he decides that it was probably due to how deprived he had been recently that he’s starting to think everything was weird. Shrugging and scratching the back of his head, he simply turned around and head back to his bedroom. To his heaven.

Looking at the back of Woohyun, her father, Lime heaved out a sigh of relief as she grabbed out all the ingredients she prepared beforehand. “Now let’s get started.”

-

“WHAT?! WHERE DID SHE GO?! IT’S OUR FAMILY DAY!” Sunggyu’s voiced boomed throughout the house. His hands on his hips while looking at Woohyun whom was trying to reach their ttal on her cell phone.

Somehow, she had decided to turn her phone off for the day.

“Now baby, she’ll be home soon and we’ll ground her when she’s back alright?” Woohyun gave up dialing their daughter and just walked to Sunggyu, wrapping his arms around him and pulling him to sit down.

“I can never get angry if you do this,” Sunggyu huffed softly as he leaned back into Woohyun’s touch. “She’ll be in trouble when she’s home.”

-

Lime stood there leaning against the wall, her eyes glancing anxiously every now and then to the watch on her wrists. She had been waiting for over an hour for that goddamn guy. Her heart started feeling heavy as she wondered if he forgotten that date again or not.

Taking her phone out, she grimaced when the screen greeted her with no notifications of new messages at all or miss call from him. She had blocked her parent’s number, not wanting to her any nags to just spend the day with Baekhyun and that guy wasn’t even there yet.

Sighing again, she stared off into a distance, her minds making up all sort of bad scenarios already. A pair of hands slipping around her waist however, snapped her out of her thoughts.

“Sorry baby, the traffic was bad,” Baekhyun whispered as he nuzzled against Lime’s neck, sounding apologetic.

How could she ever felt angry at him? His actions bought a smile onto her face no matter how hard she fought the urge to.

“I’m fine, let’s go for a picnic, I-” she said and turned around to face him, stopping in her speech only when she saw the picnic basket in Baekhyun’s hand.

“I guess,” Baekhyun smiled sheepishly and holds the basket up, “We had the same plans for today eh baby?” His lips curving up into one of a cheeky smile and his eyes twinkling with delight.

Not sure whether to laugh or not, she simply chose to plaster on a huge smile and intertwined her fingers with his.

-

It wasn’t long before they reached the park and found a spot to sit on. The park was filled with families and that meant kids were running all over. That also meant that Baekhyun would definitely coo over the kids to her.

“No, we’re not having kids anytime soon,” Lime stated as she stuffed another small sandwich into Baekhyun’s mouth, a small cheeky grin on her lips.

“But,” Baekhyun pouted, silenced by the sandwich as he simply pulled Lime closer, wrapping his arms tighter around her and leaning on her shoulder.

Lime’s expression turned into one of amusement as she leaned back on Baekhyun, laughing softly when she saw how he was pouting and simply leaned in to peck on his lips gently.

“You still have got my parents to conquer you know,” Lime stated again, watching at how Baekhyun’s expression seemed to fall even more.

“I swear they’re overprotective or something,” Baekhyun mumbled grudgingly as he picked up a sandwich to feed Lime. “I’m so lovable; I don’t know how they don’t agree with that.”

“I’m sure you are,” Lime chuckled as she ate the sandwich from Baekhyun.

The sunlight that were shining down that day felt just appropriately warm and not too hot and the cool breeze that blows past once in awhile felt so cooling. It was such a perfect day and she wondered briefly if things could get any better. Instantaneously, she cursed herself for thinking that, believing it could put a jinx on the day.

“Babe, I’ve got something for you,” Baekhyun suddenly said, breaking her out of her reverie as she sat up, turning around to look at him curiously.

“What is it?” She asked.

He kept silent, but his lips stretched into a huge grin as he took out a small box.

Lime felt as if her breath got hitched at the back of .

“This is a couple necklace,” he explained softly, trying his best not to end up blushing and stutter as he held out the necklace to Lime. “I had been so busy recently because… well I wanted to be able to give you something nice today.”

She kept silent. She really did not know how to answer.

“Well, happy monthsary baby,” he said, hesitation obvious in his voice as he wondered why the girl he love wasn’t answering at all.

She did not know what to think. Her thoughts were all jumbled up. So she did what she thought was based on instinct.

She leaned in and kisses him fully on the lips, her hands on top of his as she squeezed them gently and closed her eyes. Not caring that the kids were looking at all.

Kisses are really sweet, I should kiss him more.

-

Despite how she had asked him not to send her home (in case her parents go crazy and want to chop Baekhyun up right away), he still ended up sending her home. She decides that he was definitely much more stubborn than her and she had no idea to be glad or not about it.

Somewhere along the way, she found herself drawn to a small ice cream stand and that was how they ended up sharing an ice-cream cone together.

They were walking silently side by side, except for the occasional soft laughter at something; their linked hands between them swayed gently.

“I can’t finish that, so you’ll be in charge of finishing it,” Baekhyun teased softly when they finally reached Lime’s house doorsteps.

“Ah but,” Lime pouted, instinctively wanted to just argue with Baekhyun, no reason but just something she does naturally when she got cut off.

“You got something there,” he mumbled as he leaned in, kissing her lips and swiping his tongue over her lips. “Mmm, tasty,” he said teasingly as he brushed his lips with his thumb after.

“I-I, w-what, t-there was nothing!” Lime stuttered, her cheeks flushing red as she tried to straighten out her thoughts. It’s really dangerous how he always make her thoughts go wild.

“Goodnight baby, I should go before your parents kill me.” Baekhyun chuckled softly before leaning in to place a kiss on her forehead.

Looking at his back as he walked away, Lime smiled and decided that nothing could ruin her good mood that day.

“YAH KIM HYELIM YOU COME IN RIGHT NOW!”

Yup, nothing at all. Not even her parents nagging. 

 

.Author's Notes: This is finally doneeee omfg- tbh this is rather rushed out ;; and yes I asked you what was your dreamdate for this ttal. laughs <3 but really i had no idea what to write and omg- this is so lousy i cant even. but tbh, i hope you like it. and your parents really love you a lot. enjoy it okay, for this pretended monthsary date- <3 i love youu