Final

Young and Beautiful

Listen to this as you read

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

‘Ok... it’s graduation day, this is my last chance to tell him my feelings. Come on you can do this Tessa you can do this’ I encouraged myself. Oh god there he is. ‘Come on get over there’ my mind kept telling but I was too scared. ‘At least quit hiding behind the door’ I started to slowly come out of my hiding spot. ‘That’s it; now walk a bit closer. Chanyeol is really nice to everyone so it’s going to be ok. If he rejects you at least you can move on. It will be ok’ my mind kept telling me. But the something awful happened; Victoria ran up to him and kissed him. my life! I’m leaving. Of course he would choose her, I mean who wouldn’t. She’s captain of the cheer squad, home coming and prom queen. I can’t compete with that. Look at her she is so pretty any guy would fall for her. I would have if I was a guy. Wait... what the ? Did I just think that? Oh my god... I need to get home and nap; yes nap and maybe have some nice refreshing tea. I looked back at Chanyeol and sighed “I guess you will never know the feelings I harbour for you” I said to myself before passed all through my other classmates that just graduated with me and making my way home.

 

5 Years later

‘Why am I thinking of those past memories?’ I sighed and I walking into the building where my apartment is. I walk into the lobby of the building and look through the two thousand little mailboxes looking for my mailbox; let’s see my apartment is number 1268 so where is number 1268? Found it. I opened it and took my mail out. After closing my mailbox I took the elevator. I looked through my mail; water bill, electricity bill, flyer that reads “BUY THE ZOOM VACCUM AND GET A STEAM MOPE OF FREE” Why the do I need that when my apartment gets cleaned by people that the landlord hires; and lastly an envelope that reads “Tessa Kwon from Class 2014.” What is this? This is not a bill or anything. Is this something from high school? I unlock my apartment door and head inside. I placed all my other mail on my kitchen bench and sat on my sofa in my living room. “Tessa Kwon from Class 2014” I read out loud. 2014 was when I graduated high school. I decided to open it.

Dear Tessa Kwon

5 years has gone by since our graduation

I would like to invite you to my

5 year high school reunion on 15th Feb

The theme is masquerade ball

You can bring one other person with you

2014 Class President

Suho

P.S Please remember to bring this invitation with you.

Wait the 15th is in two days. Why does it have to be a masquerade ball?  I placed the invitation down on the coffee table and went into the kitchen. Where am I going to get a ball gown? I asked myself as I was making myself a warm cup of tea. BANG BANG! Who could be at the door at this hour? “Who is it?” I asked before taking hold of the handle. “It’s Mrs Lee” the voice answered from the other side of the door. what is the landlord doing here? “I just got the electric bill and water bill today and I’ll pay it in the next two days. I’ve already paid rent for this month so please don’t kick me out” I said as I opened the door. “Wow... calm down child. I’m not kicking you out. I just came to see how you are going” she said and I sighed in relief. I welcomed her in. “I’ll make you some tea Mrs Lee” I said but she said it’s fine. “So how do you like this place so far?” she asked. “I like this place a lot. It’s nice and cosy and I can see the whole city” I told her as I looked at the city view outside my window before turning back to her. “I’m glad you like it. Also I came to give yout this” She passed me a big white box. “I don’t have any children of my own. But I care for you like one of my own for these past 2 years; so here” I opened it as inside was the most beautiful gown ever. “I have worn this gown to many parties and balls but now it’s been sitting in that box for many year. I want you to have it” I held it up “I can’t. It’s too beautiful” I said as stared at it. “Nonsense. It will look great on you. I know that there is a special event coming up and this dress deserves a night out” I looked back at the dress and decided that it’s too beautiful to be kept in a box. 

 

Night of the party

Chanyeol POV

“It’s 9:15. I don’t think she’s coming” Luhan said to me. “I think so too. Why are you so attached to this girl anyway?” Chen asked me. “Because she disappeared after graduation and I haven’t seen her since.  I really need to talk to her. She’s driving me insane” I told them. Tessa I really miss you. If only I told you my feelings earlier. “Chanyeol! Long time no see” Oh great it found me. “What do you want Victoria?” I said to her as nicely as I could. “Can we dance together?” she asked in a really annoying voice. “No” “What? Why?” “Because I’m heading home now” I said. “But...” “I said I’m going” I gave her a glare before she walked off. “Are you seriously going? Because the party is still going” Luhan said. “Yeah. I might as well” I said before Baekhyun cut me off. “Hey guys... What you up to?” “Chanyeol’s going to go now” Chen said. “What? Why?” he asked before thinking for a bit. “She still hasn’t come has she?” and I shook my head. I got up and finished the rest of my drink. “There there. It’s ok” Baekhyun said as he pats my shoulder. I smiled at him before heading out the door.

 

Tessa's POV

I looked at the time on my phone; its 9:10. I’m really late. Your fault for not making up your mind. Shut up brain; it’s complicated. Of course it was; is it because you think Chanyeol will be there; scratch that he will definitely be there. -.- It’s because you were debating whether you can handle seeing him again isn’t it. Yes it is; he might still be dating Victoria. Oh well, you can still find another man to dance with, I mean your year level is filled with many good looking men. But not like Chanyeol. Stop it! I will slap your face. But then it will look like I’m slapping myself. Yeah; do you want to look like a freak? No. Well then pull yourself together, stop talking to me and tell the cab driver to speed up. Fine, you are really y today. I really will slap you. Ok OK! “Um... How long until we get there?” I asked the driver. “About 15 minutes” he said. “Can you try and speed up? I’m in a hurry” “I’ll do the best I can Miss” he said and I just sat back and looked out the window. In about ten minutes I arrived at Class president Suho’s house and it was big. I walked up to the door. “Invitation please” the security guard said. I showed it to him and he let me in. Wow it was big. I was guided to the room where the party happened. “Tessa so glad you came” Suho greeted me; his hair was spiked like it normally was in high school. He hasn’t changed a bit. “Sorry I’m late. I just had to take care of a few things” yeah your emotions. Gee thanks brain. “Well it’s good that you came. I hope you have a good time tonight. The party doesn’t end until 1am so don’t worry. I walked in and had a look around. There was the whole year level here and plus butlers holding trays of drinks. I took one and had a sip. Yummy sparkling. I continued to look around. I don’t see Chanyeol anywhere. “OH MY GOD TESSA!!” who the heck was that. I turned around. It was Baekhyun, one of Chanyeol’s friends and his girlfriend Suzy. “Where have you been? We have been looking for you” “What? I just got here and why would you look for me?” I asked. “Because Chanyeol wanted to see you. He just left because he thought you wouldn’t come” Baekhyun told me. “What me why?” I’m confused that I didn’t notice that Suzy was taking something out of her bag. “Well... I don’t know. Go chase after him and ask” he said. “Here give me your heels and wear my flats. It’s easier to run in these” I gave her my heels “Listen to me; he went that way...” he said pointing outside to the left. “His house is a 20 minute walk so I think he won’t be that far. Now GO!” Baekhyun said as he lightly pushed me towards the door.

 

Chanyeol POV

Tessa. Tessa. Tessa. I can’t get you out of my head. The last time I saw was in the morning before the graduation ceremony. Even though you are short; or maybe I’m just really tall. You look like you fit in my arms. Your graduation hat really suits you and when you smiled oh my god I really love your smile. I really want to hold you in my arms. But then you disappeared. I wonder why you left before I could say goodbye to you. Wait was it because of that time Victoria...I man I don’t want to think about that. It’s gross. I wished it was you, Tessa. I lightly banged my head against a tree. I’m such an idiot. Sigh. I wonder if you have a boyfriend or not. I guess I’ll never know. . My phone vibrated in my pocket. “Hey Luhan. What do you want?” I answered. “Tessa is here. Baekhyun is talking to her right now with Suzy. You should come back” “What really? I’m on my way” I said before hanging up and sprinting back you Suho’s house.

 

Tessa POV

I ran out of the house and raced down the steps of the front garden. Turning to the left I ran past a few people on the street while holding part of my dress up so I won’t trip. Suzy is right, I can really run in these. I kept running until I heard someone call my name. I stopped but I didn’t turn around. That voice was definitely Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol POV

I ran and ran. My lungs started burning but I kept going; not caring about the world. My only goal was to get back to that party; to see Tessa again. But as I was running someone in a dark blue dress ran past me. Not just anyone but Tessa. “TESSA!” I turned around and yelled to her. She stopped about a metre away from me but she didn’t turn around. I slowly walked up to her. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. “Tessa” I said softly and placed my hand lightly on her shoulder. “Tessa... Please turn around. I miss you, I miss that smile of yours. So please let me see you beautiful face. She turned around but stared at the floor. “But Victoria, she kissed...” “She has nothing to do with me. I don’t like her. Please forget what you saw 5 years ago” She stayed silent. “Tessa I love you. I really do. I wanted to tell you at graduation but you disappeared and I thought I would never see you again. After all these years you have never left my mind and now I want to know if you can be mine” I said to her.  But suddenly she started crying. Oh my god, is it something I said. I’m freaking out now. “Yes” she said. “What?” “Yes Chanyeol” This is the best night of my life. Finally she is mine and I’m holding her in my arms. “Don’t cry” I said as I wiped away her tears. “I love you so much” I yelled for the world to hear and I lifted her you and spun her around. “. Put me down Chanyeol” she yelled. I put her down and kissed her lips. What a beautiful night? Kissing the girl of your dreams under the moonlight.

 

Tessa POV

We are now back at the party. Chanyeol’s friends Luhan, Chen, Suho, Baekhyun and his girlfriend Suzy congratulated us. She also gave me back my heel and we partied all night. Suddenly the remix of the song Young and Beautiful came on. “I love this song!” I screamed. “Let's dance then” Chanyeol said with a huge grin as he led me to the dance floor.

Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful?
Will you still love me
When I got nothing but my aching soul?

“You know I will?” he suddenly said as I was singing along. “Huh?” “Love you...Forever and ever” i smiled and stood on my tippy toes to peck his lips.