Meteor

Meteor (One-Shot)

Meteor

 

 

[Doojoon]

.

“Doojoon it’s time” I heard my mum called. I took a deep breath and walked over to the platform in front of everyone. My family, my friends and those I’ve worked with a few times. I really didn’t know what to say, or what to do. I mean, what is there left for you to say and do when the person you chose to be your fated love leaves me at the most crucial time?

Where are you supposed to position yourself?

I didn’t know any answers for any of my questions. I felt like I was back to square one, back to being the lost old me. I stood behind the microphone with people anticipating what I’ve got to say. I look to my right then skimmed to the left. Behind me was my ‘B2ST’members cheering me on.

I took another deep breath then looked straight ahead.

“We are gathered here today to farewell a girl who was pure of love, full of happiness and bravery. When I first met her we did nothing but fight. We would argue about the little things, like what’s the actual color of the sky. I know right, obvious things like that we’d argue about. But we made it far although we argued like little kids even at the age of 20, I loved her still.”

-Flashback-

“Yah, Doojoon, you should get yourself a girlfriend so you’ll know what it feels like to love someone deeply.” Minri said while I lean against her window wall.

“Minri-ah, how would you know if I love someone deeply or not?” I asked rhetorically with a bit of hinting that I do love someone.

“How can you possibly be in love with someone when all you bother is me? All you call when you have problems is me. And when you’re feeling like the world is not being on your side, you call me. You can’t possibly be in love with someone if ‘m all you...” she stopped her speech and stopped what she’s doing. I guess she realised what I was saying.

“Yoon Doojoon, is it me?” She asked surprise. I smiled and nodded my head. Instead of crying because of me confessing my feelings, she laughed like there’s no tomorrow until tears did start to fall.

“YAH! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING!?”  I yelled angrily.

“You can’t be serious?” She asked. I stared at her for awhile to make her realise I was. She formed an ‘O’ with and walked over to my side.

“Finally” she said and gave me a peck on the cheek.

-End of Flashback-

“She’s probably one of the most annoying girls I have ever met. But I’ve never met someone as beautiful as her, not only on the outside but also in the inside. I could probably list a million reasons why I fell in love with her even though it was hard and it took time. She saved me when I needed saving. She comforts me when I needed comfort. She loved me most when I needed love. She’s my own version of forever.”

­-Flashback-

“Happy valentine’s day oppa” Minri said as she waves back and forth in front of her camera. I couldn’t be with her today because I’m busy practicing and filming later on. But she still smiles widely even though we can’t do the things she wishes we could do for Valentine’s Day.

“Minri noona happy valentine’s day” Dongwoon greeted which made Minri smile wider. She loves Doongwoon and not to mention Yoseob. Together these three are like a bunch of idiots yet beautiful idiots who make us laugh.

“Ne, same to you Dongwoon-ah. Oppa, when will you come and visit?”

“Tonight, I’m not sure what time but I’ll be the there, araso?” I told her and she smiled.

“Okay, I got to go. See you later. Saranghaeyo oppa” She said and turned the camera off as quickly as she could.

.

“Minri?” I called from outside the door but no one answered. I opened the door slowly avoiding for it to make a creaking sound.

“BOO!” Minri yelled as she jumps out from behind the door. I yelled out loud making Minri laughed. She was alone at her house once again so that’s probably why she didn’t care at all. I pouted my lips realising she got me with the same trick again. She the light before heading to her bed as she continued to laugh.

“Not funny, I could have died from a heart attack” I told her as I came closer to her.

“Araso, miane oppa, where’s my gift?” She said while smiling. I handed her a small baby pink box wrapped with a white ribbon. “Is this the thing I wanted?!” She asked excitedly. I shook my head and confusion formed on her face.

As she opens the box I got on my knees.

“Oppa…” she started.

“Will you marry me?” I asked. Tears started falling from her eyes along with a smile.

“Yes” she answered.

I was the happiest man in the world.

-End of Flashback-

“Love is not about selfishness nor is it about taking. Love is about sacrificing, giving, appreciating, and being selfless, being faithful, honesty and trust. Love is a powerful verb that sends happiness, butterflies, sadness and pain into people’s hearts, minds and life. But when two people are destined to be in love the most amazing love story is created and told. We’re one of those people, the ones who thought love and destiny is by choice and not by fate. She shot down from heaven and into my life – just like a meteor. A meteor is a mass of rock from space that burns up after entering the Earth’s atmosphere, in our case Minri was the meteor and I was the Earth – the Earth she gave meaning and light to.”  

-Flashback-

“I’ll never be able to thank you for everything you’ve done for me. For everything you’ve given up just to cheer me on, I’ll never ever know how to ever repay you” I whispered to Minri who was soundly asleep on her bed.

Soundly asleep on that bed was my first love, my fiancée and soon will be my forever. Minri and I have been together for almost 6 ½ years now, it was not love at first sight. For a long period of time we were cat and mouse. We’re so much different from each other, I’m playful yet she’s serious. I’m all about giving it another try while she just gives up. I’m all about forgiving but she’s all about forgetting. I’m white while she’s black – we’re that different.  But through all those differences we managed to get through and get to where we are now.

I’m always so busy, I barely have time for her but somehow she understands everything. Doing shows, tours, my volunteer works are really hard to keep together. I have to set an example not only for the kids in Korea but also for my members. I’m their leader, Yoon Doojoon of ‘B2ST/BEAST’.

“Doojoon oppa, is that you?” Minri asked faintly. I held her hands straight away and was reaching for the lights but she stopped me. I heard her release a faint laugh then tried getting up from her bed.

“Minri-ah, when will you listen to oppa and go to the hospital and get well there?” I told her as I slowly place her head against my chest.

“Aniya, if I go to the hospital, oppa won’t be able to visit me anymore.” She said to me as she buries her head deeper into my chest.

“Pabo-ya” I whispered and kissed her forehead.

.

“Oppa have to go now Minri, I’ll be back tonight if I can, araso? Please feel better soon. Stop getting up and doing things your parents forbid you to okay? Oppa will be back araso?”  I told Minri as I held her in my arms. She looked paler than the other day. She was having a fever, at first it was okay but now her temperature is just going over the normal temperature.

“Minri you should really go to the hospital today.” I said again.

“Aniya, gwenchana, I’ll see you tonight okay?” She said palely and smiled faintly.

“Please go to the hospital, I don’t like seeing you like this, araso?”

“Ara, Ara, I’m going later. But you can go now, Doojoon Oppa saranghaeyo. Thank you for everything and for loving me. I’ll always love you, araso? Remember I’m always in your heart okay?

“Okay, I love you too. I’ll see you tonight okay?” I said and gave her a kiss.

And we parted.

. Few Hours Later.

“Doojoon, Bali, you have to get to the hospital. Minri’s not in a good condition, hurry up and get here as soon as you could.” Mum said and hanged up. I was just coming back from the province because we had to shoot some stuff for our upcoming video.

“Manager, how long do you think we’ll take to get to Seoul? Minri’s in the hospital, I have to get there as fast as I could” I told him.

“15-20 minutes left. Just calm down, she’ll be fine.” He assured me but something inside of me tells me it’s not going to be okay but I keep fighting that feeling.

.

“Omma” I called as soon as I got to the hospital. I found her sitting on the chair crying her hearts out. I quickly ran to her side, with the members running right behind me. I hugged my mum tightly and waited for her to tell me where Minri was – but she couldn’t.

“Omma, where’s Minri? I have to see her, she needs me” I told her.

“Doojoon-ah, Minri is gone” She said.

My body went into a shock state, the noise on the background disappeared; I couldn’t feel nothing or hear anything. ‘Minri’s gone’ those were the only words I could hear. I released my mum as slowly as I could when I regained control of my body. I slow stood up, Junhyung held me when I was about to fall.

I made my way into the room.

Laid there was my fiancée and soon to be my forever. Tears wouldn’t stop falling; pain wouldn’t stop numbing my system. I felt as if God was punishing me for something. Maybe because I didn’t spend much time with Minri, maybe I didn’t love her enough… Maybe just maybe.

I reached her bedside table.

Even as she lay there, she was the goddess of my life.

“Saranghaeyo” I whispered as I hugged her tightly and began crying without a care in the world.

-End of Flashback-

“Minri suffered her sickness alone. She didn’t tell me because she was scared that I’ll lose focus and give up on my dreams just to take care of her, she knew me too well. I want to thank her for being the girl I’ve always dreamed of. I want to thank her for everything she sacrificed just so she could be with me. I want to thank her for loving me. Minri-ah, oppa loves you always remember that.” I ended.

Life is not something we determine; only God knows what happens to us.

But love is something God blesses us with. Yes, there’s fate and destiny but also there’s choice. Although fate and destiny says you can’t be, you can choose to love someone even if everyone’s against it.

In our case, we were destined, fated and we chose to love one another.

She’ll always be my meteor. That brief streak of light that a meteor creates visible in the night sky – my Choi Minri. 

...

Yay completed. 

Look out for the next BEAST member. 

Btw, if you're interested to be part of the fic featuring B2ST read my blog here ; READ ME! Nothing big is needed but that blog sums everything up. 

`07/08/11 ; 8:49PM