From Age Nine..

Always You

•≈|~♦~|≈• 

9 years old. 

      I was nine years old when I met you, Park Chanyeol. You with your messy, brown hair and dark, brown eyes. The way you always had that bit of mischief gleaming in your eyes, it drew me in right away. You were taller than me, you always would be, but I would still stand on my toes and try to over shadow you.

      Pulling harmless pranks day in and day out, our little nine year old selves would laugh till we cried. We never thought of the troubles ahead. We never worried about anything at all. Why were we so carefree? Because we had each other. We thought we'd always be together; you and I as each others one and only best friend.

|~♦~|• 

12 years old. 

      You joined the football team the summer we both turned twelve. You had no more time to hang out with me. I found myself missing your harmless pranks and contagious laugher daily. As time went on and you became more obsessed with that silly game that took you away from me, I joined the choir. I'd always loved to sing and you said you liked my voice; that's really the only reason I joined in the first place. We both had found something we enjoyed even if it meant sacrificing time with each other so we reamined happy.

      I only saw you at school sometimes and when I did I wasn't greet by the same Park Chanyeol I had known. You would tease me in the hallways, earning the praises of your new friends, but I found that I, myself, didn't mind it. I liked seeing you laugh so I put up with the teasing.

      As the year went on, we drifted apart even more inside school. The teasing had stopped, you and your friends had found a better target to pick on, and now you wouldn't even look in my direction. However, outside of school we became closer. We would talk every night on the phone, unless you had plans with your friends of course, and we'd even hangout sometimes on the weekends. It was just like old times. And just like those old times, we figured we'd always be friends.

|~♦~|

15 years old. 

      We started high school in the blink of an eye. You made the varsity football team like I always knew you would. Girls, of course, started fawning over you with your lean, muscular body, brown, styled hair, and your dark, gleaming eyes. But mainly they loved your beautiful laugh that rang out from underneath that gorgeous toothy, white smile. Everyone gawked at how, no matter what you said or did, over half the time it being something utterly idiotic, you still looked absolutely stunning.

       We didn't talk anymore now. It wasn't cool for Mr. Popular to talk to someone like me: a nobody. You immediately became surrounded by friends as I was left alone; lost in the crowd of people wanting you to notice them. I didn't bother trying to push myself back into your life though; I didn't want someone who left me without a second thought as a friend.

      And yet you still had the nerve to smile that stupid grin at me in the hallway.

      You sadly would always be apart of my life.

|~♦~|• 

16 years old.

      We hadn't talked all year long. I refused to make eye-contact with you in the hallway or even return that precious smile you flew in my direction. Soon however, the smiles stopped coming. 

      That girl hanging on your arm captivated your every ounce of thought now. I knew she was bad for you, I knew her reputation, and the only way this was going to end was by you getting hurt. You, my sweet, lovable friend, deserved better. Feeling a twinge of jealousy and anger, I knew right then and there that you would always be in my heart.     

|~♦~|

17 years old. 

      You showed up at my house one night, tears in your eyes and alcohol on your breath. That wicked girl had left you like I always knew she would. "You didn't deserve to be hurt by such a person like that," I had muttered as I took your crying self into my arms. I couldn't help but smile as you clung to me though. My best friend was back; at least for one night. 

      I vowed at that moment to protect you from then on. 

|~♦~|

18 years old. 

      Graduation came with many cheers and a few sighs of relief. You celebrated with your large mass of friends, and me with my own small group. As the celebration went on I caught your eye. With a smile plastered on your face, you gradually gravitated towards me forgetting about your popularity for a split second.

      You hugged me just like you did one year ago but this time out of pure happiness. "We did it Baekhyun," was all you said before you left me once more. 

      We did do it, we stayed friends like we always knew we would. 

 

-•|~♦~|•-

20 years old. 

      You greeted me once more two years later at college. You were switching between majors, trying to figure out what you wanted to do with your life, while I was working on my music major. We hadn't spoken since graduation day and you seemed eager to get to know me once more. Much to my pleasure, we reconnected quickly, talking about past childhood memories; making loads more as time went on. 

      You were back; and this time I knew I had my best friend back in my life for good. 

-•|~♦~|•-

22 years old. 

      In the past two years since you entered my life once again, a lot has happened. The more we talked the more I realized I missed you; how the empty place in my heart I didn't know existed was slowly becoming filled. My mind, every single thought I had, all were completely and entirely laced with your stupid grin and beautiful eyes. Everyday I had to endure the rapid pace my heart would take when you smiled at me or how my face would flush red when you laughed at my clumsy mistakes. I quickly discovered that the feelings I held for you were deeper than anything I had ever imagined. 

      Chanyeol, I have always been head over heels in love with you. 

-•|~♦~|•-

23 years old. 

      You confessed your love for me on the anniversary of the day we met. I cried from the shock and happiness of it all as you once again engulfed me into your embrace. I clung to you with all my might, the empty place in my heart completely over flooding with joy. I wanted so badly to never let go, to never let this beautiful moment cease, in the fear of losing you. The fear of having to once again live without you. 

      At twenty-three we shared our first kiss. It was, without a doubt, the most amazing form of bliss I had ever experienced. The way our lips fit together, molding into one, sent chills up my spine. It didn't last long but I didn't care. I was with you and that's all that mattered. 

      Yes, at twenty-three you were finally mine.  

-•|~♦~|•-

24 years old. 

      I stood in our kitchen preparing a special meal. It was our anniversary and I was making you favorite. With jitterbugs in my stomach I knew today had to be perfect. After the meal, I planned to ask you to marry me. Even though I thought you would say 'yes' a small part of me was on ease. 

      I sat the table and waited for my love to return home, eagerness nipping at my heels. 

      I waited. 

      And I waited. 

      And I waited. 

      The empty space was back in my heart; bigger than ever before. You said we would always be together. 

       And I was stupid enough to believe you. 

-•|~♦~|•-

25 years old. 

      It's been a year since you left me all alone again. I wasn't over you, how could I be? You were still, and always would be in my eyes, that messy, brunette haired boy that stole my heart back when we were just nine years old. You were still that same lovable boy with the same beautiful smile. And you still possessed that same, beautiful laugh that I would never ever be able to hear again. 

      At twenty-four you left me and I knew this time you would never be coming back. 

-•|~♦~|•-

26 years old. 

      I visited you for the first time since you left on our anniversary. Our anniversary...the day we got together, the day you walked into my life, and the day that you walked out without so much as a warning. It wasn't your fault I know, but my heart was still hurt and twisted in pain.

      I sat by you, not saying a single word. Just leant up against that cold, hard stone, letting the silence engulf me. This visit I made today, it wasn't to you. You weren't really here. That stone bore your name but it wasn't you in any way. Reality had started to sink in.

      I would never see your messy, brown hair again. I would never feel the warmth of your hand in mine as you drug me along on some crazy adventure again. I would never hear that angelic laugh that you possessed ever again. I would never see my love, Park Chanyeol, again. 

     That day, our day, when that damned car struck you down, and you were gifted your wings, I ran. I avoided your every memory, I tried to erase you from my every thought. And that made it all worse. Everywhere I went, you were there. Every night I slept, you invaded my dreams.

      Why did you have to leave? Why did you have to be taken from me when I could finally call you mine? Why you? Of all the people in the world, why was it always you?

     As much as I tried to accept that you were gone, I couldn't. I couldn't smile anymore; you were the last person to make me smile and I wanted it to stay that way. I couldn't laugh; nothing sounded as gorgeous as your laugh. I couldn't even sing; you were the only reason I started to in the first place. My whole life, no matter what I did, was completely invaded by you.  

      At twenty-six, I realized for the first time since you left, that you would never, ever be coming back to me as long as I walked this Earth.

-•|~♦~|•-

27 years old. 

       I finally joined you after what seemed like an eternity.

      Your warmth finally engulfed me again.

      And this time nothing could tear us apart.

---•|~♦~|•---

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Woow. This came out a lot better in my head. So just to clarify that hazy ending...Yes, I'm a mean author-nim and killed both of them off. Chanyeol died in some form of car accident and Baekhyun... How Baekhyun died is up to you. ^-^

Be sure to subscribe, vote, and of course comment! I really appreciate all feedback, good or bad, that I get so please tell me your thoughts~ ^-^ This is my first time writing in that kind of style (like writing a letter sort of stlye I guess you could say) so I would enjoy feedback(:

Thank you so much for reading this fanfic<3

*shamelessly advertising* If you want to be a beautiful person, be sure to go check out my grossly fluffy HunHan story by clicking the link below. 

⇒ http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/637693/do-i-love-you-fluff-exo-luhan-sehun-hunhan-humormaybe

 Thank you so much again for reading this lame fanfiction~~!!<33