Memories

You are my destiny

 

“I’m sorry, baby, but I have to go for this meeting. It’s important.” Was that the 70th time I heard him say that line?

 

“So I’m not important to you?”

 

“No, you are important to me, darling! Don’t say that. I promise I’ll come back so soon that the next thing you know I’ll be right by your side with you in my arms, alright?”

 

“…”

 

“Sweetheart, I hope you understand. I’m really trying my best. I love you.”

 

“… Love you too.”

 

 

Almost every Friday night, the same conversations were made. I was sick and tired of it. Every weekend he would always have to attend his precious meetings, leaving me alone during the weekends. It never was like this – I loved the memories of the past, rather than the harsh reality now...

 

 

Waking up from the sweetest dreams of my life, I refused to open my eyes, but the voice beside my ear urged me too.

 

“Time to wake up, my beautiful princess.”

 

I smiled. Lifting my heavy eyelids, I peeked up to see the handsome face that was just centimeters away from mine. He smiled, flashing his dimples at the same time. I felt his hand run through my hair. I caught his hand, lacing my fingers through his. He held my hand up to his cheek, leaning his face into my palm. Brushing my thumb across his smooth skin, he slowly bent closer. I closed my eyes when I felt his soft lips brushed against mine. Like every other mornings, his morning kisses were gentle and definitely the cup of coffee that I needed to start the day.

 

Whenever he had the time, especially during his lunch hour, he would be there, waiting for me outside the elementary school gates. We would have lunch together in a small store nearby. Sometimes, we would just spend the time walking down the deserted pavements of the neighbourhood, hand-in-hand, telling each other of how our days went.

 

As a teacher, school holidays are frequent, so I get a lot of off-days. On these kinds of days, he would bring me over to his workplace and let me stay in his office – sometimes for the whole day. I made sure he worked before he prioritized me. Often, he would play some classical music and we would dance together in his office. Although awkward, I loved his courage for trying to make me happy despite the fact that we might be watched by his colleagues.

 

“Why can’t I join the school trip with all of you? It would be fun if I came along.”

 

I always laughed whenever he whined, trying to persuade me to let him join the school trip. Obviously, I wouldn’t let him, although I wished he could. Since he’s a busy CEO man of a rich company, I couldn’t let him ignore his duties as the big boss of his company. However, almost all the time, he would sneak over and join the school trip with us without my acknowledgement. The best thing was that the kids loved his presence.

 

 

 

Now, I had to get my own coffee every morning, have lunch alone or with my colleagues and left alone on the days I’m free. Even the children had been asking why he hasn’t been attending the school trips often like before.

 

Holding onto the Polaroid photo of him, I felt a tear lingering around the edges of my eyes. My mind played the memories we used to have as a lively couple, compared to now.

 

“Why have you changed, Lee Joon oppa?”

 

 

>> so its a sad first update TT

COMMENTS ARE LOVED <3

AND HAPPY READIING ~~