Chapter 1

Bitter Memories

Author's note: This is a very very very very very short chapter created to those who demand a sequel for my other fic. Once again I'm telling you to read my other fic first before reading this chapter. but then again this is more of an epilogue rather than a sequel so enjoy ^^

 

 

Kyungsoo had just arrived at Seoul after his business meeting. He was sitting at a café which he often visits. The atmosphere of the café was nice. It was a modern café which uses wood as its theme and the song ‘Rain’ by Lim Kim was playing. It has been almost 2 years since his tragic wedding. He probably still remember every single detail of the tragedy. Every second of his day would be disturbed by the thought of the tragedy. After finishing his cup of coffee, he walked to the counter to make the payment.

“Are you alone again?” The cashier asked. Kyungsoo and the cashier knows each other because Kyungsoo came to the café frequently. Kyungsoo replied with a nod.

“Do Kyungsoo, you should probably get someone to accompany you while drinking coffee. Drinking it alone is bad for you. Don’t you have friends?” Kyungsoo smiled at the cashier and said “Maybe next time.”. That would be his answer every time he was asked with the same question.

On the way home he stopped by a hospital. It was the hospital which his lover was admitted  10 years ago after being harassed by a psycho maniac and also the hospital which she was admitted after a 0.5cm bullet touched her body 2 years ago. Kyungsoo calmed himself as he walked pass the emergency ward. He still remember everything very well as soon as he walked through the entrance and he could almost see the blood that was bleeding out of Minah 2 years ago. Kyungsoo tried to pull himself together as he head to the pharmacy to take his medicine. While he was on his way to the pharmacy, he stumbled upon a familiar doctor who is around his age.

“Do Kyungsoo, it has been a long time.” A voice spoke.

“Eo Kim Joonmyeon. It has been months since I last saw you.” Kyungsoo said.

“How is your condition? You’re not taking sleeping pills right?”

“Well I stopped taking it frequently.”

“Don’t try to kill yourself though. She wouldn’t want that.”

“I won’t. Because I know she’ll be disappointed.”

After taking the medicine from the pharmacist, Kyungsoo continued to wander around the hospital. He went on a certain which brings bitter memories. As he was walking down the hallway, he stopped in front a room numbered “0505”. A sudden tears began to travel down his cheek. The room was un-occupied and the machines were turned off.

*2 years ago

There they were in the hospital room numbered “0505”. Kyungsoo stayed by Minah’s side because she was unconscious for weeks. Her condition was terrible, his was pitiful. He tried to shoot himself twice and almost jump off from the building’s rooftop once, probably because of the guilt he felt for letting his lover sacrifice her life for him. The doctors said that only miracles can save her and even if she does survive, she would need machines by her side until she dies.

8:45pm, 11 January. Kyungsoo was lying his head on Minah’s hospital bed, holding her hand softly. “Bang Minah, please wake up. I’m dying waiting for you.” Kyungsoo said. He traces his finger on her cute nose, touching her lips and circles her left cheek.  Kyungsoo’s eyes starting to form possible tears upon watching his unconscious wife. After a few seconds, the door opens as a couple in their late 40’s enters. Kyungsoo stood up to greet the adults.

“You came, father-in-law and mother-in-law.”

“Yes Do son-in-law.” Mr. Bang said.

“How is her condition?” Mrs. Bang asked.

“The doctors said that her condition is stable but she has not regain consciousness yet. I’m sorry I can’t protect her.” Kyungsoo said choking on his saliva.

“It’s okay. Don’t blame yourself for it. She chose to save you because she loves you and that’s that.” Mr. Bang said while patting Kyungsoo’s back.

11:11pm, 11 January. It was a dark, empty waiting hall. There sat Kyungsoo on the floor in front of the emergency room. His tears running down his cheeks probably faster than the speed of the water at Han River. All his thoughts about life vanished in a split second. He tried to stand up but he just can’t because he doesn’t have much strength left in him. It was just 3 hours ago when the doctors said her condition was stable, but now she’s in the emergency room. He constantly checked the entrance to the emergency room to see his wife. For the first time in his life, he tried to believe the thing called “11:11 wish”.

Suddenly, the lights for the emergency room were turned off and the door opens as a hospital bed was driven out of the room. He saw his wife lying on the bed with her eyes closed and there was no sign of breathing that could be seen. At that instant moment, he fell on the floor and went blank.

*Present time

Kyungsoo arrived at the building where he lives. He walked down the hallway and stopped once he reached the entrance of his home. Certain flashbacks kept playing in his head as he tried to recall everything. “Do you love me?” That question echoed in his mind. He entered his house password and walked in to his house. As usual, he was greeted by …………………………………………………………….. no one.

Kyungsoo was drinking his water when the doorbell rang. He stood up and head for the entrance to open the door. A wide smile was formed on his face as he saw two figures standing before him.

“Go wash yourself and then go to sleep. Make sure you brush your teeth.” Kyungsoo said facing a little girl. The girl nodded in response as she smiled brightly. As soon as she was out from his sight, Kyungsoo stood up to face another figure which is a woman. “Are you tired? Don’t work too much.” Kyungsoo said.

“It’s okay. I’ll stop when I get tired.” She replied.

“So where were you and Soo Ah just now? You were late today.”

“We were at mother’s house. She loves to go there lately and I wonder why. So how was your business trip? Do you miss me? Because I miss you A LOT” She said while expanding her hand wide.

“Well, it was fine. Of course I missed you.” He smiled brightly as he pulled her into a hug  and he continued “Bang Minah-ssi.”