Don’t Let Tears Overcome You

The Handkechief

Walking down a dark “room“, she let herself been dragged by her feet, she let herself be drowned in full sadness, loneliness.

 The room has no light source, no windows, no sunlight.

 Agonizng the pain sank deep into her heart.  A blue fire lit, right in front of her, it started from a tiny-weenie flame and burst into a campfire-sized one.

She gasped, seeing  the fire change its color, from blue, to orange, and to a hot flaming red.

Together with the moonlight, it lighted the “room“, making everything visible.

 Ha Ni was in a creepy dark forest in the midst of the night.

 The moon seem so full.

“Ugh, full moon.“ She mumbled lifting her chin up. She stared into the fire’s heart, in her eyes, the fire reflected together with what was she was seeing in the fire.

Zooming in her pupils, seeing what was in her eyes.

 Seventh Grade pupils were busy doing what was written on the board, it caused a deafening silence, the teacher then left.

When a guy full of charms blurted, “Lets play poop touch!“ pointing at the ceiling, with his hand clutching a pastel colored handkerchief.

“I gave it to…,“ He made a dramatic gesture as if he was thinking, “To Yeollie! “ He shouted pointing at a specific person from a far.

 Chan Yeol then connected the tip of his index finger to the cheeks of a familiar girl, busy reading a book, Ghostgirl, by Tonya Hurley.

Being interrupted, the book fall from her hold, she then found someone whom she connected her fingers to and lightly screamed, “Poop Touch! To Lu Han!“.

 And just then, the game began with everyone participating passing the touch without wasting time.

The touch was considered “viral“ and the class has now deafening noise, from everyone screaming, and avoiding physical contact with everyone.

 The class was then been brought to life, with all the colors, coloring it up.

“Spin the bottle!“ A girl then screamed, shifting the whole class attention to her. She was pointing to a metal water bottle spinning around.

The class then formed a circle around it having enough room for everyone, except for one, she on her own world not knowing what was happening around her. “Settle in Ha Ni!“ A girl called her, making the famous gesture, “C’mon“.

“Me first! “ The student earlier then played with the bottle between his fingers, spinning it a few times and letting it point who will be asked  “Truth or dare? “.

It pointed to a guy with wide eyes. “Truth or dare? “ He then asked seductively.  

The class leaned in to hear him,“Truth. “ he simply answered.  

“Then, tell me the truth, who broke the alarm and blamed it to me last week. “ He asked with a frown. “ It was, ugh, oh, uh, it was me.“

He admitted, realizing it was a truth or dare after all.

“Dude, I got detention for that.“ He complained.

“Sorry Baek, “ He replied in total shame.

“My turn! “ A girl announced, spinning the bottle a few times.

After a good breathtaking seconds, it pointed to Ha Ni, who was clearly not paying attention.

 “Huh?“ She asked as she noticed everyone looking at her. She put her book down, noticing the bottle pointing at her lifelessly.

 “Truth or dare?“ Everyone asked.

 “Truth, “ She rolled her eyes and brought her book back to her sight.

“Then, did you ever had some feelings for Baek Hyun? I mean he is the one being screamed by every girl in town! “She exclaimed.

 “No- “ She was cut off by a player who was not really into the game.

She held a paper on her hand and the other covering .

The game was suddenly interrupted.

 Every player crowded around her, interviewing he what was writer in the paper. “Everyone! I love Tae Yeon, -Baekhyun. “ She read, catching someone’s attention.

Baek Hyun suddenly made his way near her, asking, “What? “he was pissed by the frown in his face.

“Look! I got it from your Math Notebook!“ She pointed at the said notebook, lying silently on an armchair.

 “Baek Hyun loves Tae Yeon, Baek Hyun loves Tae Yeon! “ She sing-song irritatingly, making everyone’s ear bleed to death.

“No I don’t !“ He shut her, throwing his hands in the air in frustration.

“No you do! No you do!“ She argued back.

 Baek Hyun stayed his head down low.

And a tear rolled down from her water line.

As it dropped off her chin, everything seemed to be slow motion, peeking if the tear was true, and so it was.

“I don’t! “ He then retorted, shocking everyone, making them tremble, except for one.

Then they started parting ways, leaving the two behind. “Don’t force someone to me, because I have my own true love!“ He exclaimed.

She was all melting. She then started crying. “You don’t have the privilege to shout at me!“ She screamed as she burst into tears.

“You don’t have the privilege to act like my mom, and tell me who I love! “ He shouted back.

And by that, the girl who completely not paying attention from the time being, snapped her book back and started taking action.

Being the mature one she was, she then took her by the shoulder and walk her out of the tensed up zone.

The girl was crying tears, even if she really don’t have the honor to cry.

But anyways, she was very soft, that’s why.

Ha Ni then walked over to the other side, to Baek Hyun who was really staring into space and clenching his fist until his nails sank deep down to his skin.

 “If a get close to a girl, I have a crush on her, if I get close to a guy, I am gay once again? Cant I have freedom for myself? Without anyone judging me? “ He yelled at the whole class, stunning Ha NI from taking another step closer.

“Its true, this class gives nothing but just flying .“ She whispered in total agreement.

“Hey, its fine, stop, don’t show them you are weak that a piece of paper could just tear your heart deep down.“ I said, confronting him with a smile.

“But, I have a love of my own.“ He argued with a soft voice to her, looking down. His tone was really truthful.

“We all know that, You heard Baeks point, so please stop doing this once again!“ She told everyone. “Hey, feeling fine now?“ She asked concernedly, the toe, Baek Hyun hadn’t heard even from his parents.

That’s how they become friends. Concern.

Zooming out of her pupils, her surroundings faded and became all white, and then turned to be an airport.

 Her palms were clenched, she remembered how did they became close and how did she loved him.

But now, he was leaving, he was going back to Korea, after the expiration of him being an exchange student here in Japan.

She was crying tears of magenta, until, just then, he turned his back and approached her from a far.

He wiped her tears with a pastel colored handkerchief.

“I will see you.“ Was his one last sentence to her that she treasured the most, together with the handkerchief she locked in her arms for years.

She waited for it, for him to comeback.

They usually chat on facebook, talk about how was each other doing, then just answer fine.

And one day, she has his handkerchief with her on the park they used to explore once, sitting on a bench clasping it into her hands, hoping to see him once again.

She was really crying tears once again, she wil be seeing him after 6 years of painful waiting.

A mystical figure come into her sight. Him.

“I missed you.“ He informed as he hugged her tightly.