Mixed Love

Mixed Love - Myungsoo & Sanghoon

The white walls encased Sanghoon as he sat on the hospital bed. His clothes all battered and ripped, as the monitors beeped around him. The doctor came over as he glanced up from his clipboard.

"Lee Sanghoon?" He asked with a serious tone as Sanghoon bowed slightly before pressing his palm against his forehead. "We have some results from your exam." The doctor sighed as Sanghoon knew that this wasn’t going to end well.

"Is there something wrong?" Sanghoon finally spoke up as the doctor looked at him in the eyes.

"You have a moderate concussion and a pretty badly sprained wrist and on top of all of that you are dehydrated. So you are going to have to get checked into the hospital for a few days." The doctor handed his clipboard over to the nurse as she made some notes before coming back over with some supplies to treat his cuts and scrapes as well as his sprained wrist. Muttering under his breath, Sanghoon rolled his eyes as the doctor bowed and left to check up on some other urgent patients as the lady nurse started to clean him up.

"I’m sorry, but can you please change into this gown for me." She handed him a gown as she walked right outside of the curtain as she pulled it shut and stood watch. Sanghoon his lips as he smirked before changing into the gown that she had given him.

"You can come back in." Sanghoon called sweetly as she walked through the curtain. His clothes laid on the bed as he sat on the edge with his hand holding his wrist. the nurse came over as she began to clean up his wounds. Starting with his head wound, cleaning it up before placing a bandage over it.

"So… what happened?" She asked as she glanced at him before stabilizing his wrist and wrapping it with care.

"Ah… well you know how guys like to fight. I just got caught in the middle and tried to even the score." Sanghoon said softly as he watched her work delicately as she nodded.

"Don’t try and act too manly, girls can see right through that." She gave him a wink as he smirked under his breath, biting on his split lip. She cleaned him all up as they began to talk and get acquainted with each other. Laying Sanghoon down on the bed, she hooked him up to fluids and monitors as he watched her carefully.

"I’ll be back to check on you in a few hours." She said as she handed him his cell phone. "Call only immediate people, so that they know you are alright."

"Thank you Maelyn." Sanghoon called as he winked at her, causing her to blush as she exited the curtain.

"Hello?" You picked up the phone as you pulled your hair into a braid.

"Hey…. Um…. well I am in the hospital right now. I was wondering if you could come and see me." Sanghoon said with a cute tone as he watched Maelyn through the opening of his curtain.

"I will be right there, can I get Myungsoo to drive me?" You asked him, knowing how possessive he can get when you are doing something with another guy.

"Sure." He said as you bid your goodbyes and hung up the call.

"Aish, my boyfriend." You said with a cute smirk as you leaned against the counter as you pressed the dialing phone to your ear as you called Myungsoo.

"Hello?" Myungsoo said as you could tell that he just woke up from a nap.

"Hey Myungsoo. It’s ________, well… I was wondering… if it wasn’t too much trouble… could you drive me to the hospital?" You asked with a hesitant tone as Myungsoo got all nervous and concerned for you.

"Are you ok? Are you feeling alright? What’s wrong?" Myungsoo shot questions at you, out of concern as you just rolled your eyes at him.

"Don’t worry, it isn’t me. It’s Sanghoon. I just need a ride to the hospital to go and see him." You said as you pulled your shirt down over your short jean skirt.

"Oh, sure. I’ll be there in a few minutes." Myungsoo said as he hung up the call. Fixing his hair, he grabbed his jacket before heading out the door to his black car.

A knock came to your door as you walked quickly to answer it. Looking through the peep hole you saw it was Myungsoo. Quickly answering the door, you grabbed his wrist as the door closed behind him as you pulled Myungsoo to his car.

"Easy ______. It isn’t like Sanghoon is going anywhere right?" Myungsoo joked as you smiled and shook your head.

"Please Myungsoo, he is your friend too." You whined as you pulled on his arm.

"I know, I know. Girls can get so riled up." He pushed your hands off of his as he walked over to the driver’s side as you slipped into your seat.

"Aish boys." You rolled your eyes as you buckled your seat belt and looked out the window as Myungsoo got in. Your long bare legs flashed in his face as he gulped, as his heart raced to the finish line. Taking a deep breath he put the key into the ignition before pulling the car out of the parking lot. Driving to the hospital was nerve wrecking for Myungsoo as he watched you, his crush, sitting next to him in a beautiful outfit. Yet he knew that you were another guy’s girl. 

Sticking his eyes to the road you hummed a soft song as he began to fall for you more, your sweet voice. Pulling into a parking space he got out as you jumped out and began to walk quickly to the doors. Myungsoo jogged up next to you as he flipped his hair to the side. He followed you all the way to the front desk.

"I think you have a patient called Lee Sanghoon, we would like to visit him." You said as you placed your hands on the counter.

"One minute please." The receptionist typed on her computer as her eyes darted around the screen. "Room 709."

"Thank you." Myungsoo said as he patted your arm with his hand as you just zoned out. Taking you away from the counter, he carefully guided you down the hall, waving his hand in front of your face you finally looked at him.

"Is there something wrong?" Myungsoo stopped and asked as you looked him in the eyes.

"What if… what if he is really hurt?" You asked as your eyes scanned his trying to figure out his mood.

"You know Sanghoon, he is really tough. Plus he couldn’t be too badly hurt if he called you himself." Myungsoo reassured you as you nodded and walked side by side to Myungsoo as he helped you find the room that he was in.

The opening of the door caught Sanghoon’s attention as he looked over from the sports page in the newspaper.

"Hey baby~" You called softly as you saw that his head was wrapped in some gauze. His facial expression turned sour as he saw Myungsoo close the door behind him and shove his hands in his pockets as you rushed to his side.

"Are you feeling ok?" You sat on the edge of his bed as you took his hand into both of yours.

"Yeah I am just fine. I’m gonna live." He gave a slight smile as you nodded and pet his hand softly, his hand didn’t try and hold onto yours as you just through that he was tired from everything.

"Did they tell you what you had?" You asked with a concerned look as he nodded, eying Myungsoo as he looked out the windows of the hospital.

"A moderate concussion, dehydration, and a sprained wrist." He held up his wrapped hand as you nodded, Myungsoo turned around and walked over to his friend.

"How long do you have to stay here?" Myungsoo asked as Sanghoon looked up at Myungsoo with large eyes.

"A few days. Everyone has been really nice, so you don’t need to come around that often." He reassured Myungsoo as you nodded, biting your lip you saw the bruises on his face as tears started to swell in your eyes.

"I’m going for a little walk. I’ll see you both around. Take care of yourself, yeobo." You kissed his cheek carefully as you got up and walked out of the room.

Once the door closed, both of the guys looked at each other as Myungsoo began to walk around the bed.

"Myung." Sanghoon called as Myungsoo looked at him with his head, not taking the effort to turn his body. "Can I tell you something?"

Turning his body towards Sanghoon, Myungsoo nodded as Sanghoon played with the hem of the hospital blanket that laid over his lap.

"I don’t like _______-ah. Can you not take her here anymore." His request was simple as Myungsoo’s eyes got large.

"T-then why did you get with her?" Myungsoo asked as he walked closer to Sanghoon’s side.

"I got set up, she really liked me and… at that time I didn’t want to break her heart. So I went along with it.I never liked her." Sanghoon admitted as Myungsoo tried to hide his true feelings.

"You know that she likes you a lot, right?" Myungsoo added as Sanghoon nodded.

"I just can’t be with her. There is someone else I like, truly like." Myungsoo’s eyes got wide as Sanghoon began to smile at just the thought of the nurse, Maelyn.

"I can tell. Get well soon." Myungsoo said as he turned his back and moved out to the door.

"Please don’t bring ________-ah back here." Sanghoon pleaded as Myungsoo looked over his shoulder before opening the door and walking out and down the hall.

Thoughts ran through Myungsoo’s mind. He knew that he liked you, but you would be heartbroken to know that he never liked you and that he was with you to make you happy. Shuffling his feet against the reflective tiles, he ran his fingers through his hair as he wondered through the halls. Walking up to a coffee machine, he paid for two drinks as the warm liquid came into two cups.

Going down a few more empty halls, Myungsoo found you sitting lonely on a bench. Slowly walking up to you, your head raised at the person as you saw it was Myungsoo. He offered you a cup of coffee as you held it between your hands.

"Thank you." You said as he took a seat next to you, slowly sipping the warm liquid.

"How are you holding up?" Myungsoo asked as he looked over your post crying face as you looked down at your crossed legs and nodded as you your lips, trying to keep your lips from quivering.

"You know that he could just be acting this way because of the concussion." Myungsoo tried to reassure you as you smiled and sipped your coffee slightly.

"Yeah, I just have this feeling. I can’t explain it, I just feel something like something else is going on." You said as Myungsoo bit the inside of his cheek to keep himself from telling you about what Sanghoon had just told him.

"Don’t worry, I am sure things will work out for the better, if anything is going on." He tried to encourage you as you nodded.

Sitting on the bench for a while, both of you held empty paper cups before both of you stood up and started to head back to the room to bid him goodbye for the day. Myungsoo walked a little behind you as you approached his room. The door was partly open as you heard a girls laughter and talking as you heard Sanghoon’s laugh, one sound that you never heard from him when you were around.

Pushing open the door, you peered on the two of them talking and chatting as she worked really closely to him, re-wrapping his wrist after applying new medicine. You watched her closely, as she was just about to leave she pet his hair down and winked at him and that is when you opened the door and it slammed against the wall.

"_-_-_________-ah what are you doing back? I thought that you were gone." Sanghoon stuttered as the nurse ran her hand down his leg as she walked around the bed.

"What are you doing with her?" You pointed at her as you walked into the room a little more.

"I was just reapplying his dressings." The nurse defended with a little smirk on her face.

"Yeah, Maelyn was just taking care of me." Sanghoon said as you rolled your eyes and crossed your arms against your chest, Myungsoo leaned on the wall just outside of the door as he heard the conversation.

"What was with that?" You popped out your hip as you were getting serious.

"With what?" Sanghoon shot back.

"Your laugh, how come I never got to hear it when you were around me?!" You began to loudly speak almost scream as Myungsoo closed his eyes as his head hung down low.

"Did you ever think that I never liked you! I never did!" Sanghoon sat up in his bed as his muscles in his arms rippled as he began to get upset. Giving yourself a few minutes your eyes coated with fresh tears as you tried to contain them in your eyes by looking every which way.

"Then why were you with me for so long?" You said in a broken voice as Myungsoo knew very well that you were on the edge of tears.

"You set me up. I thought that I would humor you, but I never liked you from day one, you are just clingy and an attention hog!" Sanghoon said as the nurse watched the conversation play out as you couldn’t hold back your tears anymore. Walking out of the room turned into running as Myungsoo saw you fly past him.

Ducking his head into Sanghoon’s room, Myungsoo rolled his eyes as the nurse sat next to him.

"I hope you’re happy." Myungsoo said as he pulled the door closed and ran quickly after you.

Searching everywhere, from floor to floor, it took Myungsoo a good hour to find you tucked away in the stairwell. With your head in your hands, your shoulders heaved from your crying as you leaned against the railing to try and keep you somewhat upright. Myungsoo slowed his pace as he walked down the stairs to you. Rubbing your back, you moved into his touch as you curled yourself against his chest as you cried, staining his white shirt.

"Don’t be too sad." Myungsoo tried to console you.

"Why not? He never loved me. No one ever loved me." You stated through your tears as he rubbed your back and held you tighter against you.

"Well it is better that he never loved you than loving you and loosing that love. That hurts worse. Also, do you know how many other people love you?" Myungsoo rested his head on yours as you shook your head. "At least one."

Myungsoo chuckled as you looked up at him.

"Who is the one?" You asked as you looked onto his face as he started to blush and adverted his eyes from you. "You?" He nodded his head softly as he smiled shyly.

"I like you, a lot. I liked you before you got together with Sanghoon." Myungsoo admitted as you sat back and wiped away your tears.

"Why didn’t you tell me?" You asked as you sniffled a little from your tears.

"I tried, but you were too blind by your own love that you shut everyone else out that really loved you." Myungsoo said as he looked at you with a stern face.

"I’m sorry, I guess my heart took me for a little ride." You said sadly as you looked down at your knees.

"Please, don’t do it again. Sometimes the people that love you are the ones that you least expect. Like me." Myungsoo said as he got up and began to walk down the stairs to the main floor to head home.

"Myungsoo?" You asked as he stopped and looked up at you. "Thank you for liking me. I’m sorry that I couldn’t see it before." You stood up as you walked down to the step that he was standing on, you nudged his arm as you headed down the stairs. Following you once more, Myungsoo smiled to himself.

Reaching the main floor, both of you walked out of the revolving door. The bitter, cold air hit you like a ton of bricks as Myungsoo thought on his feet once your hands began to rub up and down your arms. Placing his jacket over your shoulders, he faded back behind you as you pulled the coat around your arms as you smiled at the simple, yet loving gesture.

His car was in reach as you walked to the passenger side and Myungsoo walked to the driver’s side. Unlocking the car, he waited for you to open the door. Instead you ran around the car and wrapped your arms tightly around him.

"I’m sorry." You whispered as his arms wrapped around you.

"It’s ok, take your time. I will still be waiting for you." He said softly as he leaned against the closed door of his car as the night wrapped around the two of you as you enjoyed the beautiful moment with your biggest fan, and love, Myungsoo.