Final

The Day Our Destiny Met

I am sitting on the bench.My eyes got fixed with the serene view of Han River.The smooth wind that blown away my wavy brunette hair calm my heart tonight.Sometimes,few couples walked past me,holding hands and whispering to each other.I smiled bitterly to that view.Somewhere at the corner of my heart,I wish that I can fee the beauty of being loved,being hug and at the same time loving the one I love.And that time,those memories come tomy mind.Those memories playing in my head like a movie.

 

FLASHBACK

That day,it was cold.I who wore red winter coat,grey muffler around my neck,my bagpack with my long wavy hair that I let down to my shoulder,was walking home alone from my university.Since the examination day was getting near,I stayed for another few hours to study by my own.While I was walking towards the building,I saw few highschool girls standing by the entrance gate.They seem to be waiting for someone.And by then,a black van entered the gate.I could hear the girls' squeal from afar.I rolled my eyes.

"Oppa,you're sooooo cool!!"

"Sign here,Oppa."

"Kyaaaa!!!"

All I could hear were the nonsense words someone could ever say.I entered the gate.In front of me,seven guys got surrounded by those girls.They were happily giving their fanservices despite they were tired.I sighed.Though I already got used to this kind of situation since I lived here for about 2 years;girls were squealing and the boys were smiling, but for God sake,now it's 2 in the morning!!!

I walked past them,not giving even a glance.But those girls kept squealing somehow makes me boiled.I sighed before turned around.

"Excuse me..."All of the eyes were on me.The girls stared with annoyed face ad the boys with curious face.With irritated tone,Ispoke to them;

"This is not a fanmeeting event.Could you just be quiet?"The girls were whispering while glaring at me but do I look like I care?I turned around and walked inside the building.As I waited for the elevator which seems to be a bit late than usual,I stomped my left and right foot, taking turn to relieve the coldness that swowly catching them.White faint smoke come out from my mouth as I breathed out.

I was standing in front of my house's door,entering the passcode when a voice greeted me from aside.I look to my right to be greeted by a guy with small eyes and apologized face.

"For earlier chaos our fans made,I'm really sorry."He bowed to me.Somehow,I felt guilty inside.Right,they were idols and they have the right to be popular.I let out a small smile before bowed to him back,apologizing to my harsh words earlier.He shooks his head but with a smile on his smile.

That day was our first talk since the day I arrived here.He bowed once again before entered the house next to mine.Yes,we were neighbors...

 

One day,I was late.I took a quick shower,wore my oversized red T-shirt,black legging jeans running around the house.I could only reached for a slice of bread,placed it between my lips and wore my sneakers.As I walked out of the house, I didn't realize my neighbors were on their way out as well.

"Good morning Da..."I locked the door and walked past them.I ignored the greet and caught the lift.I kept glancing to my watch while waiting for the lift.Omo...I was extremely late.As the result,I'd to stay back to help the lecturer reorganized all the assignments.I walked home at 2 am,again.Since the surrounding was a bit quiet,I brushed my fear away with the earphone,blocking my ears.Listening to the seven beautiful voices,slowly a smile curled up to my face.Yes,I'm one of their fans.

As I reached the gate,a familiar black van entered at the same time.But as usual,I ignored it.Seven boys got out of it with their tired expression.I walked past them but accidentally met his eyes.He bowed to me while smiling and the others followed him.I bowed back at them,with small smile.

I stood in front of the lift,waiting for it again.But then I felt a warm presence beside me.I glances to my side.He stood there,waiting for the lift as well.I can sensed others' presence as well.We took the same lift to the same floor. In the lift, they were chattering and laughing.Those boys seem energetic though their tired face were obviously shown.Well,except for one person that stood beside me.Wordless,he stood there blankly.Really a grandpa,I chuckled in my mind.I then felt a tap on my shoulder.I looked to my side,he signalled me to take off my earphone.

"Late as usual,huh?"His words made me tilted my head.How does he know?

"Well,we keep meeting coincidentally late at night.I'm just guessing."He answered as he seem to read my mind.I nodded my head and smiled.

"A little late-night study time."He nodded his head.Without we realized,we were talking to each other.It was as we lived in our own world.He told me his activites that day and I just stood there,glancing and listening to him.After that,I told him what happened that day and he just stood there,glanced and smiled while listening to me.We seem suited for each other.That day,I knew him better than yesterday.That day,I knew him,not as a leader Infinite's Sunggyu but as an ordinary normal person,Kim Sunggyu.

 

Days after days,weeks after weeks passed by,we were getting closer to each other.Sometimes we took the same lift before reached to our house,just to hear each other's stories.Sometimes,we had a small fight but then we made up in a short time.Sometimes,we had our late night meal together with s.They were...nice.But sometimes his manners made my heart fluttered.

"Ya~!!!Your rice is sticking there..."I ran my fingers throughout my face but couldn't find it.He then leaned forwards and brushed it away instead.My face redden due to his warm touch.He then chuckled before ruffled my bangs.At other time,he would wipe off the ice-cream from the corner of my lips with his thumb.That day,I knew it.I'd fallen for him.Hard...

 

But the fate seem jealous towards us.Time somehow separated us.He was busy with his schedule and I was busy with my studies.Nowadays,whenever I reached the gate,I glanced around just to look for the van.But it wasn't there.I bitterly smile and walked into the buildings.We were just...slowly apart and slowly we became...strangers.

That particular day,as I walked home,the van past me by and entered the gate.Without delay,I quickened my pace.My hearts fluttered after we haven't see each other for a long time.But I was greeted with cameramen and reporters.They or should I say specifically,he was surrounded with them,asking questions.I got anxious and walked near but still a distance away.

"Did you really date her?"

"Kim Sunggyu,is Hyuna is the one who with you that night?"All those questions reached my ears.I stood there,stiffen.Their manager blocked the reporter saying there will be no response from him.The members kept glancing at their leader,worry of his image afterwards.Sunggyu stood there and kept bowing,asking for no more questions.As they walked towards the building,his eyes met with mine.His steps came to a stop.The members,as well.I looked into his eyes though we were a distance away.I sensed sadness,wrongness...but somehow,there were a spark of happiness.I couldn't look at him any longer.All I could do was to walk away.

 

The rumors swept away as time passed by.Finally,Valentine's Day was here.I walked around the town,looking for the best gift ever.As I reached a gift store,my eyes got fixed to a bracelet with infinity symbol.His smile appeared in my head,at that time.I could imagine he wore those bracelet.Without thinking further,I bought it.As Iwalked home,I could felt butterflies in my stomach,moving around without direction.Han Danni,you can do it!!

"Here..."Without looking at him,I gave him the bracelet.He took it from my hand and chuckled.He then ruffled my bangs and thanked me for the gift.He walked to his doorhouse but...

"I like you."His steps came to a stop.He stiffened,so do I.He turned around and our eyes met.My breathes became short at each of his steps towards me.He stopped right in front of me.I glanced up to him.He then patted my hair with a bitter smile.I seem confused but everything was clear as he placed the gift in my grip.

"Mianhae..."With warm whisper,he left.That day,we were fallen apart.That day,I felt my first unrequited love.

 

After that day,everything became awkward for us.He never took the same lift as me again.He never met my eyes again.We were totally strangers,after thay day.I kept telling myself that soon he would realized my sincerity and we would be close again,like before.But then,my heart broken to pieces with the news.He was caught to have a sweet date with a girl during Valentine's Day.The same day I confessed to him.

I walked home with my hood covering my swollen eyes.Yes,I cried hard to that news.I tried to endure it but I can't.The pain of being rejected kept stabbing me.As I entered the building,he was there.Not alone,he was with her. Kim Hyuna.They were whispering.He was staring to the ground and she was placing her hands on him,sort of comforting him.By then,he sensed my presence.I weakly smile as I walked to him.But the sadness filled back my broken heart.I bit my lower lips,endured the pain but failed.The tears were already on my cheek as I walked passed by them.That day I felt it.The pain of falling in love.

 

I stared to the letter on the coffee table.It wan an offer letter of continuing my studies in America.I held my knees to my chest,while kept looking at the letter.Should I go?I decided to take a walk that night.As I walked past his house,I bumped to someone who was on his way out.My letter fell from my grip.I bowed to him,apologized without looking.He picked up the letter on the floor.

"Are you leaving?"I glanced to meet those warm small eyes,again.He bitterly smile before handed it back to me.I reached it.I suddenly chuckled and look at him.

"Should I go?"I didn't know why but the tears started to form.I glanced away,hiding the tears.He raised his hand,want to ruffle my bangs and comfort me but it was stopped in the mid air.I glanced again at him.

"I...should go right?If not,we had to stay awkward like this."I bitterly joking at him.He then puts away his hands,adverted his eyes from mine and slowly nodded his head.My heart crushed,again.He really...didn't like me.I let out a chuckle,trying to make the situation less awkward but I can't.My tears were rolling down my cheek.He looked at me again and his small eyes became wider as he saw I cried.I swept them away with a plastic smile.

"Mian.Don't know why suddenly I become emotional like this."I smiled at him but he knew,my smile was fake.My lips were shaking,trying hard to fight the tears.He walked to me but I stepped back.

"I'll...give up on you.I'll...make this heart from beating for you,"With that words,I walked into my house instead of a walk at the park.Leaving him stood along at the hallway.Inside the house,I leaned to the door before sliding to the floor.Tears that I've endured now were flowing hard on my face.I cried my heart out.I didn't left any emotion at that time.That day,I've decided.That day,I left his memory behind.

 

I dragged my luggage out of the house.I glanced into the house before smiled bitterly to myself.By then,I locked the door and returned the key.Yes,I never thought of returning to the same house.The house that witnessed my first unrequited love.I walked past his house,glanced at it for the last time before walked away,without looking back.

As I walked to the taxi that had already waiting for me,the familiar van entered the gate.The driver placed my luggage into the trunk,ready to leave.I sighed.This is it,I mumbled to myself.I entered the taxi at the same time he got out of his van.We didn't see each other for the last time.I glanced outside the small window of the airplane.The hard ground was then replaced by the blue sky in a second.Yes,I was on my way to America,leaving everything behind.That day,I started my new life.

 

An now here I am,back in Korea.I left to America for 3 years of my studies and spent 2 years of the job experienced before decided to come back home.I take a deep breath of the fresh air of Han River.I smile.The cold weather slowly catches me.I shivered to cold wind that suddenly greeted me.I leave the river with hope for a better life afterwards.

I reach the gate with panting breath,fighting the cold.As soon as I steps into the gate, I hear squealing.I rolled my eyes.Not again.It can't be.As far as I know,there are no idols living here.

"Excuse me but I thought there are no idols living here."I asked the guard who is guarding the gate.

"That is right but earlier today,there are idols who rent the house."I facepalmed in my mind.Afraid of the future events.Let just hope we never meet.

As I prepare to sleep,I then hear voices enter the house next to mine.They are living next to me and I,once again have idols as neighbors.Seems like boygroup,I mumbles to myself before brushes it away.

"Since when did you care,Han Danni?"I stupidly smile before drifted to dreamland.

 

I am on my way home.My head keeps thinking of the neighbors.How come I never see them since that day?I tilted my head,frowning my forehead.But I brushes it away.My steps come to a stop as soon as I entered the gate.Standing not far from me are seven guys.The familiar guys which are my former neighbors for almost 3 years.I shakes my head, making sure my sights are real.But it is still the same.They are standing near a van that familiar to me.I recognized them right away,one by one.

Jang Dongwoo,Nam Woohyun,Hoya,Sungyeol,L,Sungjong.

At that time,the last person get off the van.My heart stops for a while.He looks...the same.The same as before.His black shortened hair,his small eyes,his tired expression and his...smile.He still the same.He sighed to the coldness,stretches his arms wide before brings them back to his side.

"Oh?"Sungjong suddenly point at me.The others looks to my way.I stiffened as he turns around to me.He widened his eyes to my figure.I am standing in the middle of the road,wearing the same red coat and the same grey muffler.I can see that he is also stiffen to see me.He slowly walks towards me.Now,we are facing each other but still,in a distance.

'Are you living well?'

'Hmm...You?'

'Me too.'

Like superpower,we speak to each other in our head.Both of us didn't move.We just stand there,glancing at each other.My eyes then fell on shiny bracelet on his wrist.That...bracelet.The one he rejected.The one I threw away right before I left to airport.He smiles towards my surpised reaction for the bracelet before slowly takes his steps towards me.This time,I didn't stepped back.Now,we are closer than before.Closer enough for him to hear my heartbeats. Without words,he hugs me.I stunned but when I see s' expression,I realized.He is waiting for me all this time.The members' clap their hands and nods towards our happy ending.

That time,the snow falls down.I glanced upwards while still in his embrace.The fluffy snow falls on my cheek.I cringes to its coldness but his war embrace brushes it away.

"I've missed you."That words finally escaped from his mouth.He released the hug,gripping my hands tightly.I smiles.He then smiles back at me.Then,we burst into giggle.We rewind back all the memories 5 years ago.Those small fights,those sharing stories' time and those painful separation.We looked silly back then.He leaned closer till our forehead meet and chuckles.

"Saranghae..."He whispers before our lips meet.I cringes to his cold lips but then I feel it.His warmness.His hand moves up to my jawline,slowly tited his head and deepen the kiss.I give him back the warmness,letting out all my feelings towards him.From 5 years ago,after that day,I never move on from him.I just can't.

Later on,I am on the couch cuddling with him.My boyfriend,Kim Sunggyu.We sit together the whole night,telling each other stories we've missed out this 5 years ago.By that time,I knew.

The day he fell hard on me was the day I lived as his neighbor.

The day he fell harder was when I got annoyed with his fans and we apologized towards each other.

The day he fell deeper for me when we started to be friends.

The day fe fell deeper and deeper was when I confessed to him but he was too shocked that he rejected it due to his group's situation.

The day he realized he was totally into me was when I decided to leave him.

Those times, he knew he had found someone who sees him as Kim Sunggyu,not Infinite leader's Sunggyu.

"But that girl,Hyuna?"I glanced up to his face.He smile sweetly and lean closer only to meet up his lips with mine while caressing my cheek.

"She is my close dongsaeng as well as my friend.I asked her about asking a girl for a date.But the media reported like we're dating."He explained to me with specific details.The day I saw they were together was the day he wanted to clear all the rumors of them being together and confessed to me.Hyuna was there just to give him support.

"But then I saw your swollen eyes.I felt hurt as I know those news hurting you as well."I feel shy suddenly.He saw my swollen eyes.Sunggyu chuckles to my reaction and leave a warm kiss on my forehead.

"That day,I decided to let you go sicne I think that was the best for both of us.I thought that one day,you'll come back and by that time,I will be the one who confessed to you first.But you never did.I give up right after we transferred to this building but then here you are,standing in front of me just like our first met."He glances down to me who cries in silence.He swipe them away with his thumb.

"And now,I won't let you again.Those painful 5 years was enough to test us,right?"He hugs me tighter and I hug him back.He then glanced down while caressing my face.I smile to him.His eyes then diverted to my thin lips.He lean forward before placing his lips softly on mine.I close my eyes,enjoying his warm fluffy lips.He deepen the kiss while laying my body down on the couch.We release our feelings through the intimate moments.Yes,he's now mine and I'm his.Inside,I'm relieved that all the time that I've been waited for him is finally being repaid with him being in my embrace.Now,I've realized that we are already have a fated destiny together since the day we lived in the same building,at the same floor and being neighbor to each other.

 

I glanced around the house.It was nice.The woman kept explaining the benefits of renting the house.

"You are lucky enough to have idols as your neighbors."I tilted my head to her,trying to process her words.

"Ahjumma,annyonghaseyo..."We were then greeted with seven handsome boys as soon as we walked out ot the house.The woman was happily greeted them back and then introduced me as their new neighbors before asking them about their health and so on.The woman seem close to them,I spoke in my mind.I just stood there,watching them chatting to each other.I then felt a gaze on me and I looked up just to meet those warm eyes.He stood there,glancing at me.Slowly,he curled up a smile that made his eyes gone,I who felt it was funny let out a small smile and glanced back at him.By that time,I never knew he was my fate.He also didn't knew that he,Kim Sunggyu was fated with me. Both of us didn't knew the day I moved into the neighborhood was the day our destiny met.