Ano Hi...

Once Upon A Dream

Jung Min was standing there looking over the lake.

He loved this place. They'd been in Japan for a month already, and he always found time to go strolling in the city on his own. Everybody already knew them at home, but here in Japan only a few fans would recognize them now and then. SS501 hadn't started their promotions yet, things were still in process.

Jung Min loved the privacy and peace there. He gently smiled and took another sip of the canned drink he was holding. He then put it aside, stretched his arms and took a quick look around the bench he was sitting on, his favorite place. The park was as quiet as ever, not a lot of people hung out there at that time of day. But then he spotted a figure sitting in the grass some distance away, on a small hill. It was far from his sight and that person had their back to him, wrapping their arms around the knees. Jung Min kept staring for a while, wondering. He loved the solitude of the place but he was an outgoing boy by nature.

"hmm..."

There came a breeze and Jung Min could see the wind blowing the person's hair...long, wavy, brown hair. He thought it a beautiful sight.

" I wonder if she often comes here?... haven't seen her around before... "

The girl slowly lied down on the grass and Jung Min stood up, determined to go talk to her. As he went closer, he caught a better look of her.

" Oh? she's a foreigner too? "

The girl's looks were clearly not Japanese, nor korean. He eyed her curiously.

" hmm, Beautiful, almost looks magical in this place! " Jung Min thought as he suddenly sat beside her.

" Hello! " he said in english and the girl's eyes opened. She sat up abruptly and turned to face him. 

" Um, ah, Konnichiwa! " She answered in Japanese. Jung Min smiled and found it a perfect chance to practice his japanese also.

" Konnichiwa! You're not Japanese are you? I'm sorry to have bothered you. " He laughed nervously as he realized he might have sounded rude. The girl's face though, which had been puzzled before, slowly turned to friendliness with a smile.

" Oh no.. I'm not, but I do live here, so.... I can speak Japanese. You're not Japanese yourself either right? " She giggled and lied down again. Jung Min was mesmerized by her carefreeness. She was not like the other girls he was used to see, maybe because she was a foreigner...?!  But he liked it anyway. After a moment of hesitation, he finally answered.

" ie, I'm from Korea."

" Aw Korea, such a wonderful place! " Jung Min was taken aback to hear her answer in korean.

" you..."

" yes I can speak Korean. "

Jung Min just kept staring at her grinning face, not sure whether to ask anymore or not, as he didn't want to sound rude. At last, he just lied down on the grass too. They both kept watching the clouds for awhile.

" Beautiful aren't day? " She broke the silence, still talking in korean.

" Ne. " Jung Min smiled. This was new. There was a sensation... a good feeling...of experiencing something new and pleasant.

" ..... Jung Min imnida. "

" Lili. Nice to meet you Jung Min. " She giggled and he smiled.

" Nice to meet you too Lili-ssi. "

As they were lying there, they began to talk, randomly, chatting about anything. They kept going on for sometime and eventually they eased up and got more friendly.

" Ya, I'm your oppa, call me Jung Min oppa!! "

" Nah, just Jung Min is fine. "

They laughed and laughed together. She said she studied photography and that she lived alone. He was beginning to like this girl's company. She felt like a friend. " Someone like... me? "

By that time, they were lying facing each other, the clouds and the sky long forgotten. When the laughter was over a sudden silence came in. This was making Jung Min nervous so he turned around facing the sky again. He started humming a song, one of his favorite ballads actually. 'Again' . Lili just listened, closing her eyes. Then he stopped abruptly.

" Ya do you think I'm a good singer? " he chuckled, cause he was sure she didn't know SS501. There came no reply, and a disappointed Jung Min noticed that Lili had fallen asleep.

" Aish... was I singing a lullaby just now?! This girl.... weird. But it's been already two hours since we started talking..." He mumbled to himself as he was looking at his watch, a gift from his eomma. He then glanced at Lili and smiled. He had had a good time that afternoon. Perhaps better than all those days he'd come there alone, yearning for the peace and isolation of that place. Deep in thought, he got closer to Lili... and slowly, he planted a gentle kiss on her lips. 

"What did I just do?! .... " 

He chuckled and got up. Lili's reaction to the kiss was just a twitch of the nose. Jung Min looked around, there were people strolling now and the place was getting more crowded. 

" So it'd be ok to leave her here, She'd be safe."

He took a deep breath and turned around to leave, but halted after two steps, scratched his chin and hurriedly brought out a pen and a small notebook out of his messenger bag. He ripped a piece of paper, wrote something on it and slowly put it in Lili's hand, careful not to wake her up. He then bit his lips and tip toed away. Once again, he took a look at his watch and then started running, realizing he was going to be late for their practice.

. . .

Lili stretched her arms when she was woken up by all the noise the kids playing there were making. She looked around with sleepy eyes, she was alone and Jung Min was gone. Then she noticed there was something in her hand... a small piece of paper...

There was a number, and two words written there like a command which made her smile spontaneously: ' CALL ME! '