TaeJong (for InspiritYuki | Status)

{closed} Jhengchie says Thank you (a fanfic Give away) | ALL FF GIVEAWAY POSTED

MERGE
TaeJong
friendship
It all started with the merge.

a/n: For InspiritYuki who is a subbie of Status. Yo didn’t give me a prompt so I just randomly thought of a plot and wrote it at whim. I hope you’ll like it though~^^

fragmented type of writing.. ~


It all started with the merge.

Infinite and SHINee are rivals. They maybe a bit similar but they are a lot different

Infinite has 7 and SHINee has 5; it’s a pretty obvious difference.

But SHINee and Infinite should be friends according to two members, oh wait make that four.

So Taemin now found himself in a hotel room with another maknae.

Taemin glanced to his right and saw the maknae’s bangs tied and a face pack neatly placed on the maknae’s face. Taemin grimaced at how feminine could his roommate get but just decided to shut the hell up.

“I am not gay FYI.”The manknae spoke and Taemin clicked his tongue.

“Yeah, that’s what Key-hyung said but look at him, he’s dating Woohyun hyung.” Taemin replied as he took his phone and dialed Jonghyun’s number.

“Just because I look feminine doesn’t mean I’m gay!”Sungjong puffed his cheeks and removed the pack off of his face.

“Yeah me too. Look, I don’t like talking to you so let’s just shut up.” Taemin said just as Jonghyun picked up on the other line.

“Whatever.”Sungjong uttered and tucked himself to sleep.

---

“We are not friends Sungjong so just keep your distance and mind your own business.”Taemin said, clearly irritated with the Infinite maknae.

“I am not following you. Gosh your ego. I am merely going to the arena for the rehearsal, and it happened to be on this way.” Sungjong said matter-of-factly and went on his way.

“The nerve of him!”Taemin said as he resumed his walking.

---

Taemin found the practice room crowded with a lot of people and his head started to ache; it’s not helping that Woohyun and Key are eating each other’s faces and damn they don’t even care if others would be uncomfortable with it.

“Took you long enough to get here.”The choreographer said and asked them immediately to cue their positions.

Dancing with 12 has been new to Taemin since he was so used to be the center in the 5 unit group. The additional 7 members just made the room that much congested and the heat greater with the additional bodies.

They heard a loud thud and Taemin rolled his eyes as their leader tripped. “Onew are you okay baby?”He heard Sunggyu asked his boyfriend and Onew smiled and nodded.

Great, another SHINfinite pair that formed after the merge.

“Let’s get back to practice.”Taemin said as he took his position for the joint stage for SM TOWN.

---

Taemin hated every bit of the idea Heechul came up with. He was now in killer heels as they danced to f(x)’s song. Heechul had dragged him, Ryeowook and Donghae along with Sungjong to do the cover. He hated it because he’s not into cross dressing; but how could he refuse when it’s Heechul who came up with the idea?

So there he was dancing to the song and loathing on himself as the practiced progressed.

“You don’t like it baby?”Heechul asked and Taemin nodded.

“I just don’t like cross dressing anymore hyung, it makes me less of a man.”Taemin confessed and Heechul laughed at him.

“It does not Taemin. We just can’t help it if we are prettier than girls.” Heechul said and chuckled.

---

“Good News every one!”Key announced once they reached the dorm. “I’m going to debut as a subunit with Woohyun!”Key excitedly said and it actually made Taemin a bit sad.

While the others were congratulating him and were plotting for Ongyu’s debut as well, Taemin just sighed at one corner. Of course SHINee’s omma saw the maknae and he approached the lad and hugged him.

“What’s the matter Tae?” He asked and Taemin sighed before answering.

“I just feel that I’m losing my family.” Taemin revealaed and everyone was shocked.

“That’s not true.” Onew said.

“Yes it is!”Taemin insisted. “Where’s the OnKey and JongKey rivalry? Where’s the silent ship Minkey? It’s supposed to be SHINee OTPs but now look at you. You are shipping WooKey and OnGyu!” Taemin shouted the last part.

“Taemin we’re sorry.” Onew said but the maknae was not buying it.

“Ever since that merger, you forgot about SHINee. You were all hanging out with Infinite that you didn’t even notice how far away we slipped from each other!” Teamin shouted and then walked away from the dorm.

‘Taemin!”Key shouted and tried to catch up but Onew stopped him and looked at Jonghyun who nodded.

“I think that Taemin is right though.” Onew said and the two sighed and nodded.

---

“Taemin-ssi!” He heard a voice called him and turned to face the person who called him.

“What?”He shouted and the person jumped a little as he heard the harsh reply.

“You’re going to cross on a green light.” He said as he pointed to the stoplight and Taemin looked at it and sighed.

“You could’ve just let me Sungjong.” He said and turned his back.

“Do you hate Infinite?” Sungjong asked and Taemin didn’t even spare him a glance as he waited for the change in lights. Soon he was crossing the street with Sungjong following him.

“Why are you following me?” Taemin asked as he quickened his pace.

“Am not!” Sungjong protested.

“You are!”Taemin shouted, a bit loud for comfort.

“I am just going to that coffee shop okay? I am not following you!”Sungjong hissed and walked assed Taemin and entered the coffee shop quickly.

Taemin followed the maknae whith his eyes and sighed as he too entered the coffee shop. He then sat across Sungjong who again was startled at the sudden move of Taemin.

“For the record I don’t hate Infinite!” Taemin said and took a sip of his drink. “I just hate the fact that both SHINee and Infinite are losing their individuality. It’s now SHINfinite rather than SHINee and Infinite.” Taemin elaborated and Sungjong nodded.

“I know how you feel.” Sungjong replied and Taemin looked at him curiously. “Ever since the merger, Gyu-hyung would only talk about how he and Onew-hyung are like meant to be and how they belong with each other. I hate it to bits and pieces you know!” Sungjong revealed and Taemin chuckled.

“It’s not funny!” Sungjong puffed his cheeks.

“It is funny!”Taemin said. “You make it sound like Sunggyu-hyung is becoming like Woohyun-hyung!”Taemin blurted out, clutching his stomach that was hurting.

“oh yeah he sounded like that.” Sungjong said and sipped his drink.

“So I think we’re both in the same position?” Taemin asked and Sungjong nodded.

“It’s just that prior to the merge, I had my hyung’s attention. But now, it feels like I’ve been forgotten.” Sungjong confessed and Taemin agreed.

“yeah it’s true. Sorry for being such a jerk Sungjong. I was just hating on this merger thing.” Taemin said and Sungjong smiled.

“I’ve been a jerk too.” Sungjong replied.

“Hey, wanna go to this place I frequent when I’m a bit down?” Taemin asked and Sungjong nodded. ‘Let’s go! And oh, let’s get some food on the way.” Taemin said and Sungjong nodded in agreement.

---

“Tell me about Infinite.” Taemin said as he took out some fries.

“Well, we are 7 and I am the maknae. We struggled after our debut but finally broke the wall during Be Mine.” Sungjong recalled how close they were back then. How they endured hardships and worked hard to reach where they are right now.

“We actually look up to SHINee because you are all amazing and you won a lot of awards after your debut. You were an inspiration to us and I wished that I could work with you five but now that it happened, I kind of wished that it didn’t” Sungjong said and Taemin was surprised with the revelation.

“Back then the attention was on me, the cute maknae. But now, everyone was goggling at how lucky they were to work with SHINee, how good their vocals were, how powerful and talented you are… It kind of made us drift apart.” Sungjong said and Taemin nodded.

‘We do feel the same way.”Taemin gave him a warm smile.

---

“And 5, 6 , 7 8..” The choreographer said and the 12 members danced the routine like it was the most natural thing they could do.

“Now I want you to sing while dancing it okay. Load the MR!” The lead trainer instructed and the 12 prepared themselves for the performance level as demanded from them.

And they did deliver well beyond expectations and the trainers and managers were applauding them for their hard work.

“Sungjong, shall we?” Taemin asked and the maknae nodded as he zipped his bag and followed Taemin out of the dance studio.

‘hey wait Taemin!” Key said but Jonghyun stopped him and gave him a knowing smile.

“It’s best that you leave them alone for a while.”Jonghyun said and Key nodded in understanding.

---

“I forgot my face pack!!!”Sungjong shouted as he rummaged through his luggage when a pack flew past him and landed on top of his suitcase. “Oh Thanks Taemin!” Sungjong squealed in delight and ran towards the maknae and kissed him on the cheeks.

“Yah, I saved your life and all I get is a kiss on the cheeks?” Taemin asked and Sungjong wrapped his arms around Taemin’s neck and kissed him on the lips.

“There satisfied aegi?” Sungjong asked and Taemin nodded.

He then made Sungjong lie on his bed and took the face pack and put it on Sungjong’s face carefully.

“Remember the first time when we shared a hotel room Tae? “ Sungjong asked and Taemin hummed in agreement. “I really hated it. You were such a jerk.” Sungjong revealed and Taemin chuckled.

“I know Jongie.” Taemin replied.

“But now, I really love you.” Sungjong said and Taemin smiled wide.

“I know Jongie.” Taemin replied and took Sungjon’s hand and kissed it. “Maybe the merger wasn’t that bad huh?” Taemin asked and Sungjong nodded. “Now stay still or else the face pack will slide off!” Taemin instructed as Sungjong closed his eyes and Taemin played with the younger’s locks./

“Allow me to be frank Sungjong, I love you too!”

---

a/n: So yeah… it’s a fail I am so sorry~