Final

For you are the idol, and I am just another fan

You look up as the lights flash brightly. On stage are the seven boys of Infinite. The Inspirits around you are all screaming wildly, yelling out fanchants and waving their signboards with enthusiasm.

The girl standing beside you looks over. "Aren't you gonna cheer for your bias?" but you are too busy watching the boys to answer her.

Infinite dance and sing on stage with power and grace. You stare at them, mesmerized, enchanted by their synchronized moves.

They sing their way through Come Back Again, She’s Back, Nothing’s Over, and Be Mine. As they reach the end of BTD, the crowd goes wild as they do the scorpion move, executing it beautifully.

Done with that song, the leader raises his microphone. "Hi Inspirits!" he gives everyone his eye smile. More screams.

"Thank you all for coming to support us today, we really appreciate all your love."

"Without your support, we would have never been able to come this far," Sungkyu beams at the audience.

"So the next song we're gonna sing, is a gift from us to you."

The audience cheers as the lights dim and the introduction for Voice of my Heart plays through the speakers.

You sit forward in your seat as the ballad starts. The members sing beautifully, and your heart melts as their voices rise and fall, as calming and as rhythmic as the waves of the ocean.

He raises his mic and begins to sing, and all of a sudden, like magic, the world goes dark. All you can see is him. All you can hear is his voice, velvety, soft, and incredibly tender. Your heart gives an involuntary squeeze. That intense expression on his face is something you will never forget.

He finishes his part and lowers the microphone. The world returns to normal, but that pounding in your heart has not stopped.

The rest of the showcase passes in a blur, and soon, too soon, it was over. You join the rest of the audience in filing out of the concert hall. Most of them are still high from the performance, and are talking loudly about Infinite. You remain quiet and follow the line out of the hall, lost in thought. You take out the gift you made for him and placed it in the fan-present collecting area, then leave without a word.

You walk out of the showcase venue, and decide to walk along a back alley to avoid the large crowd that was sure to jam up the streets. It would be fairly safe, since it was still noon and the sun was far from setting.

Clutching your bag in your hands, you set off in a purposeful stride, staring at the ground like you always did. You never could master looking into people's eyes, for the simple fact that you were afraid of what was there.

Walking along the alley, all you could think of was him. His deep eyes, his affectionate smile, that heart-melting, time-stopping voice. You smiled at the memory of him singing the ballad back at the showcase.

You start to hum the song unconsciously, and were too busy to notice the figure that had appeared suddenly in front of you.

With a soft fwump of fabric, you collide into the person's chest.

You fall on the ground, scrunching your nose up in pain. That guy's chest was rock hard.

The man's eyes widened. "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?! "

You pull back and was about to nod when your eyes meet his.

It was him.

The one who made your brain go fuzzy. His deep eyes, his affectionate smile, that heart-warming, time-stopping voice.

It was him.

He starts to panick when you gave no response. "Did I hurt you really badly? Do you need medical help or something?"

The small part of your brain that was still functioning orders you to shake your head.

He looks at you, your stoic expression causing him to be still unsure of whether you were really alright. He catches sight of the pamphlet of the showcase that had fallen out of your bag. He smiles and looks at you. You immediately lower your eyes to the ground.

"So, you're a fan of Infinite?"

He waits for a response. After a moment, you nod your head.

He breaks out into a grin, and your heart goes babump.

When you don't say anything else, he pats your head and says, "well, thank you for coming today."

Your heart felt like it was going to explode. There were so many things you wanted to say, but they were all stuck in your throat. You open your mouth in an attempt to speak.

Woohyun-sshi, you're my bias. Woohyun-sshi, do you think you could be friends with me?
Woohyun-sshi, I think I love you.

But the words don't come out.

He smiles at you. "You're one shy girl, aren't you?"

You don't know how to answer, so you don't. He chuckles and says, "I'll be going now. See you soon, shy girl who likes Infinite."

And just like that, he leaves as fast as he came. You stand rooted to the ground, trying to process what had just happened.

That chance meeting with him made you feel special. But then you felt stupid for feeling special.

There were truckloads of girls out there who were exactly like you, hundreds of them who loved him like you did. Who were you to feel that your love for him was special in any way? Who were you to think that this encounter with him would make him notice you, make him want to get to know you, make him fall in love with you?

Because, after all, he was the idol, and you were just another fan.