"I want to be living in your eyes.."

Hitomi no Jyuunin (Living In Your Eyes)

Wu Yi Fan or better known as Kris among his friends had been looking intently at the tall girl not far from him. She was referred as Hong Jae Hee, the tough yet kind and obedient girl with the height of 173 cm. Su Ho would not dare to stand by her side, afraid that he would feel uncomfortable instantly. The same situation applied to Xiu Min. Even though he respected Jae Hee, he was certainly not happy that she had the same height as him. It would make him not cool, at all.

One thing about Jae Hee; she would call you by your birth name, full birth name, not the shortened version, and of course, not your flashy, famous nickname. She was the only one to call Kris as Yi Fan and never once as Kris. That was the second thing that made Kris instantly attracted to her. She had this firm and stoic figure, which made her appear to be scary and threatening.

The first thing that made Kris attracted to her was her y facial expression, which contrasted to her good natured personality. She rarely smiles and it proves to be harder after his death. That Hong girl had just lost the most important person to her; her grandfather. It was devastating, not just to her, but also to him. Kris knew how important her grandfather was to her.

Jae Hee was not the girl that clearly expressed her feelings and so does Kris. However, Jae Hee was much more secretive than Kris himself. It was as if she had been holding something that was so burdensome to the point that she was unable to share it with other people, even to her best friend, Chae Rin or better known as CL.

Every day was normal for all the students of Gwangju Academy. They learn, they play and they love. Kris was no exception. He admits that he had his eyes on that Hong girl. However, like what Kai, D.O and Tao suggested, she was living in her own realm. They might know each other, but Jae Hee seemed to be uncaring about it. It does make Kris unhappy. He wished to be close to Jae Hee.

One night, he was somehow mistakenly gone to her room. It happened when he was told by Chae Rin that Jae Hee had decided to have their project meeting in her and Chae Rin’s room. Kris was actually tricked by Chae Rin. There’s no meeting or whatsoever like mentioned by Chae Rin earlier.

He knocked her door a few times but none was replied. He slowly opened the door, only to be greeted by a dark and supposedly unoccupied room. He sighed, thinking that the girls must have forgotten their supposedly ON project meeting. He did not know what had gotten into him, but he just went inside the room and closed the door. He hoped that he would be meeting Jae Hee by waiting inside her room. He had no intention to prank her. The only thing that was on his mind was talking to Jae Hee.

Kris was looking around the dark room and spotted the said girl, sleeping soundly in her bed. Again, he unconsciously went to her. The first thing he did was touching her long, jet black hair. His heart was racing so fast that he had hard time to breathe. Kris, you should not be doing this!

Nevertheless, he kept on touching her hair, while looking at her as much as he could. Looking at her closed eyes, Kris wished that she would open them for him. Looking at her lips, he wished that she would smile and talk to him about anything; he was looking forward to hear her stories and insecurities.

Jae Hee-ah, please give me the chance.. to be that person living in your eyes…

Since that night, with the help from Chae Rin and her boyfriend, Su Ho, Kris went to see Jae Hee; in her sleeping form.

“If you do something funny to her, I swear I will kill you!”, Chae Rin warned. Su Ho nudged her. “Don’t worry jagi, I know Kris much longer than you do. He’s a gentleman. He won’t do such things to harm Jae Hee.”

The 14th night of his visit to the girls’ room, he brought flowers with him. It was of many kinds, shapes and colours. He smiled. He hoped that Jae Hee would love them when she sees it later, in the morning. Kris gently put all the flowers into a vase and separate one of it, to be given to the sleeping Jae Hee. He then went to her and touched her pretty hands. He opened her clasping long fingers and put the flower in between them. He then held her hands.

“Jae Hee-ah. I am truly sorry for doing this. I am not supposed to do this. I know you will hate me if you know this. But believe me, Jae Hee-ah, I want to be the person that is living in your eyes.. I really want to be living these ever changing moments in your eyes.. I love you, Jae Hee-ah…”

He then continued, “Look at this flower in your hands, Jae Hee-ah… It’s beautiful… It is even more beautiful if it is blooming… Jae Hee-ah, I would love to bring you with me to a place where there are lots of flowers…”

Kris who was holding her hands ever so gently to his forehead did not realise that the girl he loves so much had her beautiful eyes opened. Jae Hee stared intently at the man who was by her side, talking to her all this while.

“Yi Fan-ah…”, she quietly called him. He slowly brought his eyes to face her. His heart was pounding madly between his ribcage.

“Jae Hee-ah, I-“

“Yi Fan-ah, do you want to be living in sorrowful eyes of mine? Are you prepared to be saddened for the rest of your life?”

“I do.”

“Yi Fan-ah, why me? I have nothing to offer you, I am not pretty-“

Kris hugged Jae Hee. The flower that was in her hands fell.

“Jae Hee-ah, you are the prettiest flower living in my eyes. Believe me. I have been waiting for you all this while. Can’t I be by your side, witnessing the changing seasons with you?”

“Yi Fan-ah, I-“

Kiss. He kissed her lovingly. After the sealed kisses, Yi Fan and Jae Hee stayed silent. Before she closed her eyes, with Kris wrapped himself to her, she silently muttered, “I do, Yi Fan.”

Kris Wu Yi Fan smiled so happily, before he went to sleep with the prettiest flower in his eyes.

5 years later

“Jae Hee-ah! Jagi?”, a man just came back from his work only to be greeted by an empty house. She must be at our garden.

“Jae Hee-ah!”

The said woman turned to the man’s voice. Kris was enchanted by the 22 year old woman in front of him. She is now his wife.

“Yi Fan-ah?”, Jae Hee called upon him. He smiled, making the wife looking puzzled.

Jae Hee-ah, thank you for giving me the chance to be living in your beautiful eyes.