Kai - Confession to a Bad Girl

♠♦ EXO Wonderland Oneshot Scenarios ♥♣ | HIATUS

Characters: Kai and Baek Soojin (OC)
POV: Kai
scenario: When Kai likes a girl a lot but he doesn't want to confess cause he knows she's notorious when she turns guys down. 
genre: fluff


It was spring and my second semester of university was starting up again. A gust of warm air blew through as I entered the parking garage where my friend Kyungsoo was waiting for me.

Along the way I swear I ran into at least five couples making out. It was disgusting, just like cats in heat. I rolled my eyes as I turned the corner almost running into someone's back. A small crowd was beginning to form around two people.

"You don't have a boyfriend, right, Soojin?", the guy in the middle asked. "So why don't we take a drive?", he continued turning his checkered snapback forwards. 

I didn't get all the commotion over a guy asking some girl out. That is, until I saw her.

Surrounding her was an aura of intimidation... and strangely enough I liked it. Her cold eyes stared blankly at the guy, formed into a pouty scowl, eyebrow raised and all.

"You don't know your place do you?", Soojin scoffed. "'Why don't we take a drive'? Judging from your shoddy looks it's probably a rental or your parents' car, right? Did you honestly think I'd go out with you?"

I should have felt sorry for the guy but I found myself cheering the girl on. 

"Also, your cockiness disgusts me! Don't even think of coming near me a!", she said callously as she sauntered away, as if destroying a man was a part of her everyday schedule.

At that the guy could only walk away dejectedly, not even attempting to regain any pride. 

"She's done it again, the ice queen", a familiar voice whispered in my ear. I jumped back in shock. "Baekhyun? Why are you here?"

"We got tired waiting for the almighty Kai", Baekhyun replied sarcastically.

"How many is it now?", Kyungsoo asked, shoving me aside. I gestuered with my chin to the retreating figure. "What do you mean?"

Baekhyun looked at me curiously, "You really don't know Kai? That's Baek Soojin. Pretty face-"

"But she has the worst kind of personality. Don't even bother", Kyungsoo finished.

I rolled my eyes at his mother-like tendencies, it's not like I would even meet her again. Or so I thought. That was the start of it all, it turned out that Soojin was in my dance class. I was mesmerized, her moves were like liquid air, and we became 'friends' or at least in class to shoot the breeze.

There were many oppotunities where I could have asked her out, or something but I couldn't after remembering the first time I 'met' her.


It was dark, a sea of bodies, music pulsing at some frat party I was dragged to by Baekhyun. I started to feel claustrophobic especially as yet another stumbling drunk bumped into me.

"So how's it going with you and the ice queen? No let me guess, 'shut up man we're just friends, besides she'd never like me anyways'", Baekhyun remarked.

I punched him in the shoulder, "I don't sound like that-" but was cut off when Baekhyun caught sight of some cute girl he was trying to date.

I was left alone and somehow managed to find a quiet storage room, albeit it was the size of a closet but still quiet. Hearing a sigh I noticed that I wasn't alone. Soojin was there sitting cross-legged in the room, I joined her.

"What are you doing here?", I asked. "I could say the same for you, desperate to spend time with me huh?", she teased dryly. 

After a bit of small talk I felt a sudden rush of confidence. I had no idea why but before I even knew it myself I blurted out, "Do you want to go on a date sometime?"

She hesistated a bit before replying, "Out of the question! In the end, boys don't care about anything but a girl's looks."

I honestly should have stopped talking but I couldn't. "You're the most beautiful girl in the world to me, Soojin but your looks aren't why I think that way. I'm captivated by you, your composure, everything." I tried not to cringe at my girliness and just hoped she wouldn't hate me.

For a slight second I saw her mask falter and then her usual cool composure was back, this time with a faint blush.

"How can you go that far? I'm just a girl with a bad personality...", she said airliy, the first time I've seen Soojin anywhere close to unsure.

"Like I said, it's because you're the most beautiful girl in the world."

Her eyebrows furrowed and I thought she was actually going to hit me, but then she started tugging me by my shirt and pressed her lips onto mine. My eyes widened in shock as she pulled away from me, giggling at my reaction.

A devilish expression came onto her face, "You've got some guts to play around with me like that! Now Kai, you'll take responsibility right?"

I had no idea what she meant until a few days later when I was leaving class. Soojin stepped in front of me, holding a wrapped container. 

"I made you a lunch. Do you want to eat together?" She was batting her lashes, using her aegyo against me and I was helpless to do anything but wrap my arm around her shoulder. Soojin pulled me down for another kiss and I heard gagging in the background.

"Why is the Ice Queen...!?" "They do say love can change a person." "But even so... they're really annoying!" "Ugh, like cats in heat..."