What It's Like to Date Sunggyu

What It's Like to Date Sunggyu

Gyuuu,” you whined, “I want to go out!”
"What’s wrong with staying in?" he asked, legs stretched out on the couch.
You had sat down on the floor in an attempt to make him feel sorry for you and move his legs, but it didn’t work. It was Friday night, and you were looking forward to doing something fun with Sunggyu before the week was out.
"Come on! It’s the weekend, don’t you want to go out and have fun or something?" you nagged.
"Why would I want to go out and have fun when I can relax with you in here?" he asked.
"Because I don’t want to stay in!" you pouted.
This was so like Sunggyu. Although the two of you had been dating for a little over a year, it bothered you when he wasn’t as anxious to please you as back then. However, taking you out and spoiling you with gifts weren’t the reasons you fell in love with him. You knew he’d be like this occasionally, and you were perfectly fine with it — after all, he worked hard — but tonight you were restless, and his laziness was starting to kill the mood.

You sighed and focused your eyes on the TV once more, giving up on convincing Sunggyu to do anything. He noticed your expression from the corner of his eye.
"Yah…" he called quietly.
You resorted to giving him the cold shoulder.
"Yah, look at me."
You closed your eyes and said in a wistful tone, “If you’re too lazy to move your legs, then I’m too lazy to turn my head.”
This hit a nerve and Sunggyu immediately sat up. He placed a hand on your shoulder and said, “You know, we don’t always have to go out to have fun.”
At this, you looked at him. He had your full attention.
"Do you like board games?" he asked, eyebrows raised.
You shook your head and scoffed, focusing back on the TV. Of all the things the two of you could do and he offered board games? You weren’t five years old anymore.
"Yah! I’m trying to give you some ideas here," said Sunggyu impatiently.
"I have an idea," you said harshly, "how about you think of something that could be fun for both of us, and then we’ll talk.” You snapped your head back toward the TV, indicating to Sunggyu that the conversation was over.

Sunggyu took his hand off of your shoulder and slunk back on the couch. It hurt him to see you upset like this, but he really didn’t want to go out tonight. A few minutes passed while the two of you sat in silence. The tension in the room was starting to get to Sunggyu, until he suddenly had another idea.
You shivered as you felt his arms wrap around you. He pulled you up onto the couch and sat you onto his lap. You laughed a bit and asked him what he was doing. It was hard to stay mad at him when he was like this.
"I have an idea," he whispered. Something in his eyes gave out a warning signal, but you decided to listen to his suggestion anyway. "We could build a blanket fort."
You opened your mouth, speechless. This time, he was just too much.
"Since when did you have this childish side, Sunggyu?"
"Do you not want to?" he asked, imitating your pout.
You shook your head once more and crossed your arms. Why was he being like this?
Before you could give a real answer, Sunggyu started kissing you all over. His little kisses tickled you, and he knew it. You giggled and asked him to stop, although in your heart you wished he wouldn’t. Your lungs were beginning to hurt from all the laughter, and within seconds, you were giving in to his ridiculous request just to get him to stop.
"All right, all right! But why a blanket fort?" you asked, pushing his face away from you.
"So that you won’t be mad at me for laying down. We can lay inside the blanket fort together. Wouldn’t that be fun?” he asked, hugging you tighter.
"Whatever you say, Gyu," you smiled as you got off his lap. Sunggyu stretched and wandered off to gather some pillows and blankets. At least he’s walking again, you thought to yourself with a smile.
You were willing to try this new type of fun, even if it was a bit childish.