I.

When I Hold Your Hand

"Congratulations!" the whole entire SM TOWN family gathered at a private restaurant for the celebration of Woolim Entertainment's joining of SM. Krystal, like the others, smiled and clapped politely, but inside her mind, she couldn't help plead that it would be over.

But knowing how crazy the SM members were...it was very unlikely. Not to mention that her group members were social butterflies as well. Sighing, she took a seat across from her older sister and tilted her glass of water side to side.

"Krys, lighten up a bit, will you?" Jessica prodded at the younger girl. Krystal rolled her eyes and mumbled under her breath. "How do you expect me to do that when I know that we're staying here forever."

The older sister flicked the younger one's forehead. "It's not everyday we get to just relax like this."

Krystal propped her elbow up and leaned her head on her hand. "I wouldn't even consider it relaxing, unnie." she grumbled. Jessica shook her head. "What am I going to do with you. " she clicked her tongue before turning to talk to the others. Everyone was up and about, mingling with smiles and chattering up a storm.

Couple of the many things that Krystal disliked. She continued to play with her hair and mindlessly stare at the people with hard eyes. Suddenly, she felt a hand rest on her shoulder. Looking up, she was met face to face with Kai. A bit taken aback, Krystal jumped slightly.

"Gosh, you scared me." she mumbled before continuing to play with whatever was in front of her. Kai leaned over and whispered softly. "You look rather bored, princess." his voice was slightly tainted with a teasing tone. Krystal pulled back and nodded. "Well, of course. No one can expect me to have fun surrounded by all this." she gestured towards the large amount of people around her.

Kai glanced at Krystal with a grin. "So, how about we ditch this place?" 
Krystal rolled her eyes and raised an eyebrow. "And how exactly do you plan to do that?"
He laughed and shrugged. "Simple." he replied, taking her hand.
At that moment, time froze to Krystal. Her hand in his, his hand in hers. A familiar feeling of nostalgia washed over and she realized how much she had missed the feeling of someone's hands holding tightly onto hers. After a few moments, time continued on, leaving Krystal speechless.
Kai stared at his friend for a moment before laughing. "Come on, let's get out of here."
Before she could ask any question, the tan boy smirked at her and pulled her out of her seat. No one seemed to notice as the two weaved their way through the crowd of people. Kai gripped Krystal's hand tightly still, pulling her up a flight of stairs. By the time they reached the top, the two were both out of breath.
"So...where are we going exactly?" she asked, panting. Kai chuckled and pointed to the door in front of her. 'Roof top' the sign on the door read. Krystal groaned and ran her fingers through her hair. "You...are such a loser." she teased. "Bringing me to a rooftop of all places."
Kai grinned. "Hey, I try."
The two stepped outside, the warm summer air brushing against their skin as they leaned on the railing. "The view is amazing though, I'll give you that much." Krystal commented. Kai nodded and took a deep breath.
"Only for you Krys." he said, a playful smile across his face. Krystal hummed. "It's nice to here you call me that again."
"....Yeah."
The two sat in silence, both in a state of reminiscence. Suddenly, Kai pulled out his phone and handed her an earphone. 
"
Listen" he said with a soft smile. Krystal closed her eyes and listened for a moment. After a few moments, she opened her eyes and saw Kai hold out his hand. 
Rolling her eyes, but complying, she took his hand and followed as he danced with her. She couldn't help but laugh at his childish cheesiness, but at the same time..she understood what it meant to be happy. 
And what it felt like to be loved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry! I love High School Musical too much 3 (my childhood ^^)
but I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! I know it was short, but I hope to make longer ones in the future sooo~
keep anticipating, subscribing and commenting! Thank you for all the love <3

with blessings,
beautifully