Snowflakes

Christmas Party

Snowflakes

GIRL’S POV

I'm sitting in a café, and working on paperwork for my company, until suddenly a pair of hands cover my eyes, and I turn around to see

my childhood friend, Jung Yong Hwa. I haven't seen him since his newest album came out, and I'm in complete shock. I've been in

love with him since the day he left, I realized to everyone he's the famous singer and guitarist, but to me, he's the same silly Jung Yong Hwa who stole my heart through his silly attempts to make me laugh. Christmas is coming soon, I don't know, could my love end up being a reality? Does he love me too? Oh I should stop thinking now, I've been staring and saying absolutely nothing.. how embarrassing..

“Hey Yonggie~ What brings you to this cafe? I thought you were busy with your recent album?” I managed to choke out from my state of surprise.

“I had some free time so I thought I should go find you. I knew that you often come to this cafe and I was hoping that you were here. Luckily, you ARE here!” Yonghwa said, grinning at me.

Walking over to the table I was sitting at, he pulled out the chair that was pushed in, and promptly sat down. “So...how are you?” he asked after settling down on the velvety chair right across from mine. “Anything new going on lately that I missed?”

“Hmm...there’s nothing really going on at the moment. I was just planning out the Christmas party we’re going to have at the company. Struggling with a main concept, but otherwise I’m good. How about you? Anything that I missed?”

“We’re making a special album this year, since it’ll be Christmas soon, and I’m having trouble writing lyrics for this one song,” he replied.

“What’s it about? I might be able to help you with it~” I said smiling.

“The producer wants me to write a song dedicated to all the sad and lonely people who don’t have a special someone to celebrate Christmas with. So I’m a little...stuck with this concept...” Yonghwa said unhappily.

“Unfortunately, I understand that feeling very well...” I said sadly, looking down at my cup of cappuccino.

Tilting his head, Yonghwa looked at me curiously. “I thought you would’ve had someone special to spend it with...” Yonghwa said trailing off, wondering if he should’ve said that or not.

Right after he said that surprising remark, I looked at his face and it looked as if he was troubled over what he had said earlier. Knowing him, he was probably thinking about how he shouldn’t have brought that up.

“Are you being an idiot again?” I asked, giggling. “Don’t worry about it; I know that you always blurt out what’s on your mind. So why don’t I help you with the lyrics? I don’t mind since I haven’t been very productive on this planning for the company’s Christmas party.”

“Thanks a lot! You’re a lifesaver as always!” Yonghwa said happily, messing up my hair that I spent half an hour to do.

 

“YAH! Don’t EVER touch a girl’s hair! Do you hear me!?” I said mock-angrily. “The only thing that you can’t EVER touch is a girl’s hair. Remember that, or I’ll smack you ten times more than this!” I said, smacking Yonghwa’s arm a couple of times. HARD.

“Okay, okay, I get it, now stop smacking me,” Yonghwa said laughing.

We got serious and began to think of lyrics that would fit the concept they are using for this song. Since it’s about loneliness, I brought up the idea that the lyrics should convey those feelings to the audience who would be listening to this song.

“Maybe we should name this song ‘Yearning’? What do you think Yonggie?” I asked looking down at the lyrics we already had written. Taking a sip of my sweet coffee drink, I took the pencil in my hand and wrote down Yearning at the top of the page. “Since the lyrics are about someone who is yearning for a special person in their life-” I cut off my sentence when I felt a grip on my chin. Turning my head over to look at him, I was wondering what he was trying to do, but my mind became blank when he moved his face closer and closer to mines. My eyes widen with surprise, but my fantasies came crashing down when he got his napkin and wiped the side of my mouth with it.

“You had something on your face so I wiped it,” Yonghwa said, looking at my speechless expression.

Turning red from embarrassment, I hurriedly tried to hide how I misunderstood the previous situation we were in. “Okay, so now we’re done with the lyrics for your song; I have to begin planning for the company party,” I said smoothly, effectively getting back to a more professional attitude.

“Why don’t I help you with that?” Yonghwa asked casually. “Since you helped my with my song’s lyrics, I want to return the favor,” he said, looking at me. “Since you don’t have a main theme for it yet, why don’t you make it a snowflake theme? When people think of Christmas, don’t they also think of snow?”

“That’s not a bad idea!” I exclaimed, happy that I’ve found something for the theme at last.

We then began a discussion about the company’s Christmas party that will be happening in a few days. In no time at all, it was already late into the evening. We were so busy throwing ideas back and forth between us that we didn’t see how fast time was passing by us. Looking at my watch, I realized that I should probably be going home now. Getting up from the chair I was sitting comfortably on, I went to go pay for our drinks. However, a grip on my wrist stopped me from going no more than two steps. Turning around, I saw that it was Yonghwa who had stopped me.

“I should be the one paying for our drinks. Isn’t that what gentlemen are supposed to do?” Yonghwa said, slyly winking at me.

Trying to not show how flustered I became from that sneaky wink, I mumbled a quick “thanks” and sat right back down to organize and put away the papers spread all over the table.

The next couple of days passed by really quickly. I had to get the preparations done quickly with the help of several other employees who worked in the company. With their help, I got the place of the party set up in less than six hours.

“Tiffany!” I shouted when I saw my best friend, who was also an employee of this company. “Did you send out all the invitations for the Christmas party already? The party’s tomorrow...I hope it turns out well...” I said stressfully.

“Yeah, I sent them out two days ago. And don’t worry about this party going well; I’m sure it’ll turn out great! The decorations are set up nicely, and the entire place looks beautiful! How did you get this idea of having snowflakes for the party?” Tiffany said wonderously, gaping at the snowflakes that were hung from the ceiling. They twirled and twinkled, and looked just...magical!

“Actually, I got the idea from Yonggie...” I shyly mumbled, turning pink.

“Aww...you two would make such a cute couple! Why aren’t you two dating already?” Tiffany shook me to and fro. “But after tomorrow, I’m sure that you two will be together...” Tiffany said under her breath.

“Huh? What did you say?” I asked Tiffany when I couldn’t make out her unintelligible mumbling.

“Oh! It’s nothing! Nothing at all,” Tiffany cheerfully said. “Sorry, but I have to go now; I have a meeting to go to in ten minutes, so bye!~” she said as she hurried away.

Hmm...I wonder what was it that she said...Oh well, whatever. I hope the party will be a success this year...I thought, looking at the sparkling snowflakes that were above my head.

-night of the Christmas party-

“Hey Tiffany!” I said when I found her scooping some food onto her plate. “So what do you think about the party so far?”

“It’s great and the food looks yummy too!~” Tiffany smiled cheerfully, putting more food onto her plate. “You should get some food too! Don’t want to be hungry when you’re chatting with other employees.”

I took her advice and helped myself to some of the food that was displayed on several different tables located in the back of the room. After placing several items of food on my plate, I proceeded to walk to a less crowded area to enjoy my food when I accidentally bumped into someone.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” I said, slightly bowing to the person I bumped into. Looking up, I was greeted with a surprise. The person that I happened to bump into was no one other than my crush, Yonghwa!

“Why...are you here?” I asked, recovering from my initial surprise from seeing him at my company’s party.

“Oh, I was invited to come from your friend, Tiffany,” Yonghwa said, adjusting the navy blue tie around his neck. From this gesture, I got a good look of his outfit and I couldn’t help but stare at how...handsome he looked.

“Like what you see?” Yonghwa said mischievously, throwing a wink my way.

Of course I didn’t answer his question, but my bright red face gave it all away. I quickly walked to a table and began to eat my food quietly. When I walked away, Yonghwa briskly followed to where I was headed. He stayed with me until I was finished eating, and he shyly put out his hand in front of me.

“Would you like dance with me?” Yonghwa said cutely, his previous attitude gone.

“Sure,” I said timidly, but I couldn’t hide the smile that was on my face.

The song that happened to play seemed very familiar...when realization dawned on me. “Isn’t this the song that we wrote together?!” I exclaimed, forgetting that Yonghwa’s arms were around my waist and my arms were around his neck (it was a slow dance).

“Yeah, it is, and I want to dedicate this song to us,” Yonghwa said, surprising me, yet again. “Before, you said that you could understand those who didn’t have a special person to spend Christmas with. At that time, I also had a general idea of that, but I haven’t understood it at all. After creating those lyrics with you, I learned that I myself was actually yearning for someone special in my life too. And I realized that the only person I want to be with this Christmas is you. Will you be my girlfriend and spend this Christmas, and many more future Christmases, with me?” Yonghwa asked quietly, but full of the emotions he had bottled up for many years.

Stunned from Yonghwa’s sweet speech, I could only gaze at him with teary eyes, and a happy smile. With no hesitation at all, I tightened my embrace and hugged him as I whispered my answer into his ear.

Spotting a mistletoe above us, he separated himself from my hug and swooped in to kiss me.

----------------------

Sorry if the spacing ...I moved it from Google Drive and it somehow ended up like this -__- and if there are grammar mistakes, I'm sorry about that too cuz I finished writing this late at night and I had a lot of homework that day so I was pretty stressed and unfocused T^T

Hope you enjoyed reading it though!~^__^

Comments are always appreciated~ (and subscribing to my stories make me really happy ;3)