Getting To Know Her...

GARDEN OF LOVE

 

          It was a great dawn and I was riding with my skateboard so deftly to the empty road aisling by the pine trees, so peaceful, feeling a fresh, cool breeze brushing against my cheeks, knowing I mustered a speed as i hit the road. I had reached our fences, through the garage then stomped my skateboard as my style of brakes. I live in  Gudanov Place.  Although, it was quite unusual to me because I'm just new here. My dad used to move a place, as if wanted to collect his marks of his world map against his wall in his room where he could see which place still we didn't been in... 
 
         As I placed my skateboard against the wall of our house, somebody knocked at our fence that called my attention. It was a  smiley faced woman  who's very new to me,
 
          "Good Morning, Miss. Its special offer for the newest beauty products called Mary kay. Would you like to try some Ms Beautiful?"
 
           You know, I somehow wanted to drag that lady out of this street and out of sight who is very irritating one to me. I also wanted to mock her like am I needing some treatment here? Am I that super ugly to offer me such weird products? I don't use those. In fact, I don't use any of a sort except soap and water. But then,
 
         "I'm sorry, lady, we don't buy those. Hope you understand."  The lady made a bit frown of her face then,
 
         "Oh, its ok. Would you mind if I ask your name? 'Coz I was bit of amused and interested with your very much of a beauty... and somehow asked what kind or name u always use? You look like a celebrity to me.."  then she smiled heartly at me as though, seeing indeed a celebrity...
 
         "Nothing. I just use baby soap and water. That's all."  Then about to open the door to get in when,
 
         "Uhm, what is your name please?"  With a little bit hesitation, "Call me Lui.  Lui Kenshin."  Then I smiled fakely and about to get in, but the woman won't stop interrogating as I only heard her asking about my age, but I already shut her with the door behind me. The woman outside cannot believe in herself as if had just spoken to a very popular celebrity or yet, politician... somehow..
 
          I finished settling all foods on the table for breakfast manageably when something so noisy had surprised me, hearing the door burst open at the front yard. Curiosity occurs, I ran towards the living room to check whether it was an intruder or a robbery or something, until I found out it was just my drunken father, Jerry Kenshin. Pale, thin, wears untidy mechanical suit with a snobby look on his face, getting in the room, criss-crossing as he walks, swaying his ½ filled bottle of gin in his right grip as he wiped his mouth carelessly, spilling the gin on the floor. He went to his bedroom slowly, managed to focus on his walks. Unsuccessful, until he reached on his door of his room, banging the door open for such a very lousy move and slumped himself against his bed, spilling the gin all over the floor, then I heard him snorting already.

          “Hm, that was fast…” said Mark after hearing Jerry snorted in his sleep, which made me a bit irritated, leaving Mark with my surly look on him at my back as I went to dad’s bedroom checking out on him. I stood there along the door, watching him sleep carelessly. Then, I went closer and about to wake him,

          “Ei, dad, wake up, it’s time for breakfast. C’mon!”  I called, as I shook his elbows to wake.

         “You can eat without me…”  Jerry moaned, “I’m still sleepy… *hix*…”  My eyes rolled involuntarily, hearing him like that. I’d rather not to hear anything, though, I thought grimly. But then,

         “Oh, well, it’s up to you, we won’t leave any food for you, especially with the Chinese crab soup!”  Then, I left hurriedly, as I went out of his room. I heard some of his books fell from his cabinet, and some foot steps, able to brace himself on getting to his feet. I went to the kitchen first and settled myself on the table, then seeing him hurrying up like a kid, as if he doesn’t drink that much. “Ei, you ain’t starting without me!” He claimed with his unusual country accent as he was before.

           By the way, Dad’s from London… I think… he said he was British-Chinese-American Descent, which means that I’m half blood... but Dad won’t tell me what kind of blood I have from my mother and where she came from… Mark actually was just my adopted brother… but Dad claimed that he really came from my step mother, Isha kenshin. She and Dad have met when Mark was only 3 yrs. old… and that means I wasn’t born yet, to know who really my mother was. Isha already told me that she wasn’t my real mother when I was only 3. So that’s the start of being suspicious about my real life.

            I envy Mark somehow because he already knew where he came from and accepted who he was at his early age of 3. Of course, what would we expect of a kid growing up being an orphan living with other street children in an orphanage, knowing that the caregiver from that orphanage told him that his parents have died in an accident, which made him totally alone in this world… and the question of stepping a foot of Isha in that house looking for a child? And that’s Mark whom she laid eyes on… Just, still have no clue why Isha have managed to adopt a child, knowing she doesn’t have a husband that time? So many questions that I wanted to ask my dad since he said that Isha was his best friend when they were kids…

            Even my own life wanted to know more. I don’t even have any single similarities of my dad, if he really was my dad... Starting with my skin… dad’s similar to Mark with fair complexion... But why mine is Albino? Dad, Mark and Isha have the same color of their eyes. brown. But why mine is purple? I have a very pointed nose, compared to them. I have this height. The same with Mark, although it’s usual for the boys of having that kind of height, but why’s the same with mine? Dad wasn’t that tall either, though... I ate lots of food, actually almost having 6 meals a day, but still not gaining any weight… Isha does but she gained… instead of getting fat, I even grew taller centimeter to centimeter… I’m only 15 as a matter of fact… Sometimes I felt that I’m not even belong to this kind of family, knowing that they won’t tell me what’s the truth, and even told me that I will hate them and forget them just like that if they ever told me. Oh, what a life. I always told them I’m not that kind of person whom dad raised. I grew up in his arms, remember?

            Anyways, although I put some of mashed potatoes in my plate, my eyes pinned on Dad, watching him move. He's so slow and clumsy, spilling his glass of water as he reached for a bowl of soup. “Dad…”  I called, calling an attention from that water. I intentionally helped him reached the bowl for him to pour for his own. The spoon was almost at my mouth when suddenly Mark shouted, “Woah! It’s Cockroach!” I choked, almost vomited seeing him pointed at me. Then he started chorting, and then laughed out of his lungs. I gave him a surly look, as I wiped my mouth with a table cloth. He came at me and hugged me so irritating and still smells the oil and gas around him,

           “Ew! You smell so gross! I told you to wash your hands first!?” “I did!” “How about changing, perhaps?”  I mocked, as Mark was still hugging me. Then let go,

           “Oh, I see… hehehe just being so excited for the meal… heheh” “Oh, really now?”  I said, then back to my sit. But Mark was still giggling messing up my hair, I was going to spank him, but he got away in a flash to change. I saw dad was smirking stupidly as he gulped his whole soup in front. “Wow, so good…” he murmured.

 

            Mark went back again, and this time, as he sat, the plate was already empty. As if in a flash as he eats. I blinked, from his plate to his face, then,

           “Woah, you’re already here?”  then we laughed at each other, but still am not believing what I just saw. “So, how’s your work in the garage?”  I asked, “Did you already have several clients?” “Well, not much, though. Yesterday, I only have 3 clients. 2 toyotas, and 1 volvo. But I’m still fixing the 3rd right now. The owner will be here after school.”  He said. “But how can you finish it later? It’s Monday and your schedule is 6:30. It’s already 6? I told you, you needed help from me. Bet it’ll finish in no time.” “It’s OK. I already finished it. It’s going to be a finishing touch later before he’ll get it. You don’t need to, because you can’t manage your schedule. Ok? You’re having 3 jobs at the same time and you don’t need to add another.” “Wow, that’s fast… heheh. I was just suggesting…”  I chortled, “Yeah, I know...”  He said, and then smirked. “Show off!”  I said, and then we laughed.

           “Anyways,”  Mark continues, “Haven’t you noticed some mails at the door lately?” “No. Not yet, why?”  I asked as I went to the front door, propped up all of the pieces of papers and white envelopes from the paper holder, and then went back slowly, checking one by one. From: post office; From: engine co.; From: Porsche Co.. I stopped, “How come dad won’t be able to read this letter from his work anyway?”  I asked as I continued checking those, From: Isha kenshin. Then I really paused, seeing those names printed on the envelope along with several stamps from London. “It’s mom…”  I whispered. But my hands were a bit shaking, which Mark noticed it, “Let it go, Lui. It’s OK… I intended to read it first as I received it but, of course I won’t let it without you knowing it…”  Mark said as he went to where I was standing, looking at it, too.

           “What’s she said?”  He asked as he put his arm around my shoulder. “She said, she’s fine and wants to go home with us on my 15th birthday…”  I said as I read it. Motionless. I'm still staring at the letter. I felt Mark moved a bit, smiling at me. “Good news, sis! She’s coming home!”  He claimed as he shook me by my shoulder, and then hugged. I felt as if choked by his tightness of his embrace, then let go. “What else she said?” “She said she have 2 packages along with her when she got home. Also with her…”  and then I tensed a bit, looking closer to it, “Daughter?? How come she has a daughter?? In London?”  I asked as I looked at Mark hopelessly and surprised, but he just jerked a bit, as if not wanted to know about it, “Sounds like it’s another adopted daughter, I guess…”  He said coolly. Then walked away so slow and went back on his sit, not looking at me, but with dad, with that same look. As if watching dad as he eats.

           But Dad seemed aware about the commotion. Without looking, Dad asked Mark, “What’s going on you two? Where’s Lui?”  He asked, as he continued eating. Mark hesitated at first, as he turned to look at me. I’m still standing beneath the living room, holding the letter, watching both of them, as if I was hiding from Dad. My heart was beating so fast, thinking about Dad's reaction all of a sudden… What if he wants to know more about what we were talking about? What will he do if he ever knew all about Mom in London now? I don’t know what to do next now, and I don’t want to know more about it. Somehow all I ever think of was to go to school and never talk about it until Mom got home... I jumped, 

           “I said what were you two talking about in the living room? Lui!”  Dad called, so seriously, as if he’s not in a mood. “Dad…”  I answered calmly as I went back to kitchen, showing myself. “What were you two up to? What’s that you’re holding?” “It’s a letter.” “From who?” “From Mom.” I said simply. I put the letter on top of the table right in front of him. At first he just looked at it. He picked it up slowly and read it what’s inside. He was motionless when he read it. The moment he finished it, he simply folded the letter and put it back on the table. He sighed, not looking at either of us, “I… got to go back to my room now…”  He muttered, “I… I need to think…”  He trailed off as he reached his bedroom door and lock it closed. After a minute or two, we heard a loud thud from inside his bedroom. We looked at each other first and hurried to his door in unison. “Dad!”  We called as we kept on knocking on his door. “Dad, are you Ok?”  I asked worriedly, “You better step back, Lui!” Mark warned. I involuntarily obeyed, watched him what’s he going to do. At first, I thought that Mark was going to knock Dad’s door down. But he didn’t. I was surprised that Mark had a duplicate key and opened the door. -_-

           When Mark swung the door open, I saw Dad’s foot fell from lying against the door frame. Then, I saw Dad was really lying on the floor squarely. “DAD!”  we screamed in unison. Mark suddenly pulled Dad’s elbow upward and turned him over and faced him up. “Dad, wake up!”  I called nervously as I patted his cheek to wake him. “Help me settled him on his bed…”  Reminded Mark. I nodded and helped him carry Dad to his bed. The moment we settled him there, he stirred a bit, “Dad’s still awake.” Said Mark. I watched him moved, until he looked at us beneath his eyelids, then to me, he held my arm, “Jen… is that you?”  He muttered, then, gone to sleep. I stood there, staring at his drunken face. I firmly let go on his grip. I felt Mark stood beside me. “Let me face him on the wall…”  He said as he fixed him. “Here we go again. Daydreaming with the same girl we knew from the start…”  I muttered. Mark went to look at me with his concerned look after he finished fixing Jerry.

           I was in a fight of rage, glaring at dad’s sleepy figure. Mark might have noticed me, then gently held my shoulders as he guided me way out of the room and closed the door. I still felt frozen at my place, staring intently on the ground. Until I felt hands around my shoulders, and kept myself back in place, “Let go, Lui. It’s OK…” “How can it be Ok, Mark?”  I muttered firmly, “You know Dad was having a hard time with his health, now he’s still drunk, and it’s even so early for that?! Bet, he still hasn’t gone to his work this time!”  I gritted my teeth with such rage, “And for what? Just because of THAT Jen? At One time I encountered with that girl named Jen, Mark, just one time, I’m going to rip her heart out of her lungs, messing up my father’s life!!”  I hissed, not able to shout. Not even at Mark’s face, still managed to calm myself for just a simple way. I saw Mark’s very concerned face, watching me. I sighed deeply. Able to control myself, then lowered my head. Mark somehow peeked on my face, and then, hugged me, just be able to calm myself and be good. I didn’t even notice that I felt tears ran through my cheeks, I suddenly wiped it dry with my fingertip that Mark didn’t notice.

           “Hey, we’re late now, bro, we still have class.”  I reminded him. Mark let go slowly and smiled at me, “Hey, I'm Ok.. it’s you that I’m concerned with. It’s your first day, remember?”  Then I smirked, “Oh, yeah. Thanks for a horrible reminder!”  Then we laughed each other. I prepared for my things and went out together with Mark.

           We hit the road using our skateboard. Since it’s my first day in college years, I recognized my going-to-be school, in St. Dominican University or SDU. It was actually my worst place to be in, though. I remembered my old school in Ivanov place, in Mt. Carmel University or so-called MCU, it was so cool, and at home to be. All of my friends went there. I even joined a sorority for being so loyal to my school. And that time, I’ve learned on handling friends and trusts for a friend. That was the time I had known Chris Coulson, my so-called master in Frat. It’s not actually a real Frat; it’s just a little bond and light brotherhood organization in school.

           Back then, all I ever remembered was that, my clan or my school wasn’t the one who’s looking for trouble, in fact, we seek for peace. We don’t sorry just because we’re the richest among all the other schools in town, but, why the other school was so jealous of us being so popular to other outside towns? Like the school right here, the SDU. Although, it was the 2nd richest schools in town next to MCU. But turned out that school got so envied to MCU which started from the Intrams event a year ago. The Unity of all schools in town in one event. It was in the Basketball game. It happens that my master Chris Coulson was with the team. All of my clan was so supportive for our master. Ever since then, there's already a worst argument. I don’t have any idea why it happened so fast. Chris and other teammates from SDU had this kind of feud. Until one time, at the same event, had threatened Chris on killing him. And there, the one who threatened him who's from SDU can't forget his ruddy face , until now. And even his name! 

           Back then I haven’t spoken to Chris right after the incident. He was too busy and so aware about his surroundings, even himself. One thing he ever mentioned to me was that, he wanted to finish his work  and studies in Britain, to be able to get a good business. As for me, at his early age, will manage the heaviest, yet the most popular business in the entire Asia. Well, it’s his work, though. And then, there’s too many troubles had happened from then on, and its even from the same school. It continued all along, As long as Chris was still here, there was always a battle between MCU and SDU.

           And then, until Chris had gone for Britain without notice, the SDU declared that they won the battle. We became the 2nd best. That’s when my life started not so good, but I still kept moving on, to be able to handle the clan so close and well, until then, I don’t even have any idea why I transferred to other school, although I’m good with all of my subjects, my performances in activities, my exams, and all I’m thinking about was that, why am I've been transferred? And to all the schools in Asia, why in SDU? I asked almost all of my professors and all they ever answered were all the same and told me they don’t have any idea why. I even asked Dad, but he didn’t answered me. He just told me to go with the flow. He told me to follow what they have told to. Back then I didn’t say any word. I just kept quiet before summer had come. And even back then, I told myself to always be cool, and be myself. My whole summer became .. always thinking about being in the school of my mortal enemies.. The summer had gone only 2 months to think and relax, and now… it’s the start of my nightmare…

           Mark and I had gone separate ways. He went to the only ground floor building called Computer Tech Practices ahead. And I went in to the gate of the 3storey building called Physics Lab at my left side. “Good luck with your first class, sis!”  Mark called back as he continued riding with his skateboard ahead to the building. I just waved at him and went straight in to the hall.

           As I went there, I stumped on my skateboard and deftly grabbed it in mid-air which some of students who’s still outside with me were having an amused expressions on their faces, who had just witnessed my act. I felt their all eyes on me and just lowered my head as I went through the hall inside. I noticed all college girls and boys were looking at me as I passed by, as if they were looking at the celebrity newbie in their elegant school. I can’t even managed to roll my eyes at my surroundings, noticing that every single student’s eyes were laid on me as I go. I just simply walked faster to be able to reach at my first room on the second floor. As I went along the elevator, some of them were started to have a conversation with me, although casually, but still felt so awkward. Still knowing that they were the reason why I got kicked off from my old school where I was so loyal with.

           There was a guy came to me, “Hi, are you new here?”  I just nodded, then looked away without any back glances, “Cutie, don’t be shy. I was just asking you…” “buzz off, will ya?”  the girl said, standing beside him, who actually punched his shoulder to continue walking and the girl gave a surly look at me as they went away, trying to cover her ‘boyfriend’ from looking at me. I sighed deeply, able to focus on the elevator door in front me, waiting. This was so weird. Every guy who passed by didn’t take their glances off me. Even to get to near me. I somehow tried my best not to get so irritated, or even felt awkward, noticing why the population of guys here were higher than most girls in this school… maybe that’s the reason why this school were so jealous towards MCU though my school was having mostly girl students… but that doesn’t make sense anyway… but still, why most of guys here were so attached to girls anyway? Aren't they having a sister? Cousin? Aunt or mother to look at? sheeshh..

           The elevator door opened at last. Although, this building was having 14 storeys, that’s why the elevator took time to get down or up. As I got in, the door suddenly closed, knowing that I'm alone. But then, “Hey, I’ve never seen you here before… are you new here?”  A voice said at my back, I turned quickly, able to get aback. “yeah...”  I stummered simply. I noticed that it was another guy. But he seemed so gentle and… well, good-looking and simply stunning with his semi-formal attire. He seemed trendy, though. Then to his face, he looked nice. He smiled at me, “You look cute, though, unlike with your… uhm… is that your wardrobe?”  He said as he looked at my outfit. I only wore battered jeans and white shirt, with splash paint on it as a design. “yes.”  I said simply, and looked away. An awkward feeling had triggered in me now, “You look so simple, my lady…”  then he smiled simply,  Wow... my lady.. I thought grimly, “Maybe you’re a painter, am I right?” He continued, “Yes. You’re right. Ok?”  I answered simply, and looked at him as though telling him to shut up, then looked away. The guy smirked, seemed he knew what I meant, “I’m sorry, miss. To tell you honestly, I’m not talking to anyone that simple, really. I don’t know what came up with me when i see you that I can’t resist not talking to you. I’m Lee, by the way…”  He said, as he reached a hand shake. But, it’s only my feelings that I followed. I unwillingly backed away a bit, looking at his hand. But I just gave him a faint smile, not looking. Until the door slid open. As I went out, I saw him, looking at his unshaked hand then to me, but I quickly bowed my head and out of sight, through the open crowd.. 

           I don’t mind getting along with those people, just continued walking along the corridor stiffly, looking ahead. Ignoring the buzzes around me, hearing those words all about me being new here, this is so irritating. As I continued walking, the buzzes were getting louder this time, until one by one, they started interrogating me like where did I come from, why am I so different to every girls here in town, why am I here… but all of that, I didn’t answer, just continued walking along the corridor, just to reach for the room, until somebody grabbed my arm along and dragged me through the open crowd, way along the fire escape, through the staircase. “Wait! Who are you?”  I gasped, not knowing what to do next, I roughly tagged my arm away from the stranger and about to reach at the door. The stranger grabbed my arm, forced me against the wall to face him, instead. I stared unbelievably, “Remember me?”  The voice was very familiar.. His features reminded me when I was a kid. His eyes fixed on me, were so familiar not able to forget that simply, “LEX?!” I gasped, but only his name. Lex smirked silently, “How can you ever forget, cutie?”  He said gravely, with the same voice I hardly accept, that made my hair prickled at the back of my neck. I tricky slit my arm away from his grip and swiftly ran away from him, trying not to catch up on me, I succeeded getting along at the crowd again, but still, seeing him watching from afar where I was going. I felt my heart beating rapidly as if it was going burst, I asked the girl who's about to pass by about the room of my next subject, and she was so kind that she pointed a room where I’m going to in an instant. And I went in, panting...

           It was lunch time. After my class hours, I checked on my card to know where my locker was. As I found it, I opened it lazily, to put my things in, but something that had made me noticed, a note fell from my locker door. I picked it up. A simple blue envelope labeled LUCY in it. The note said, “We know who you are, Lui Kenshin. Welcome back!”  I stared at it at the moment, able to focus on myself.. Welcome Back?? I was controlling my inner rage when i read those.. I sighed deeply, able to calm myself. Then, I walked out straight ahead and on the field outside, throwing the piece of junk at the nearby trash can.

           “Hey, sis! Where are you going?”  Called Mark, eventually seeing me walking away in a different direction, instead of walking ahead to the patio, or so-called public canteen inside the campus. He ran towards me while I was walking away as I dangled my skateboard at my side.

           Mark had no idea where I was heading, but he still followed me wherever I want to, or my feet wanted me to.. Then, I thought of riding with my skateboard when i felt tired of walking along. Mark also rides with his too. We skated along the sidewalk continuously. He noticed me that I was thinking broadly about what happened in the campus. And even about the girl named Jen…

           We went to the deepest part of the biggest garden in the city as I named it myself, Evergreen Garden. Mark and I saw where it looked like. A park which was having playgrounds, rides, booths, and even equipments for the extreme games like go carts, skateboarding, bikes and rollerblades. I preferred to the skateboard field. I started skating in the rim where it was 30 feet high and 180 degrees convex. It was even so intense; I even managed to ride so violently, even back and forth of the rim. I can even go faster and faster, unstoppable, as if I wanted to wreck the equipment or something. Sweats started all over me. Mark started so worried, wanted to stop me, but he just stood there, watching eagerly, thinking that it was my own way of getting rid of all the hatred and rage inside me as the best way. I was in a very bad mood, though. seemed I’m beginning to hate the rim as well whenever I continued skating back and forth, and almost revealing my daredevil exhibition that I could muster which Mark never seen before in his life… even for myself, but didn’t even noticed it.     

          My exhibition seemed displaying harder and harder which made Mark’s jaw dropped with an awe expression on his face, telling himself how come I could do that? His own sister? But after all, I must be warming up while I’m doing that over and over again in the same field.

          While Mark was watching me, I sensed that we’re not alone in the field. I might continue what I was doing, but I know that there’s someone’s watching me as well. Mark saw that there was a teenage boy from afar, watching me from there. He seemed like not from here, though. He’s long hair and reddish, ragged, a backpack with a skateboard in it. The boy seemed so amazed by my extreme moves, grabbed for his phone and have a shot from me while I’m in mid air. But I saw Mark gave him a surly look at him, which the boy stopped staring and scrammed away to the school building.

          I stopped on top of the rim, opposite with Mark which made us face to face. Mark stared at me.. I was so exhausted, sweats running through my jaw from my forehead. He skated along the rim to get to my place. I sat in Indian style at the edge of the rim for a rest, staring at almost wrecked rim, then looked away. Mark sat beside me as well, looked at me with kind of concern, “Are you sure you OK?”  he asked. I smiled faintly as an answer, not looking at him. “Gorgeous isn’t it?”  I asked back, “What?”  Mark asked, but I’m not looking at him instead, “That one.”  I pointed the sky for him, then he looked up curiously, then, “Yeah, seemed so… peaceful… just a few clouds… no sun…” “So blue… it reminds me of myself. Emptiness.”  I said dreamily, still staring at the sky. I heard Mark sighed deeply, sounds as if he already knew what I meant. “It’s not like that, Lui. Just always think that you’re special to us… to me… Ok? Don’t think too hard on yourself, ok? You’re starting again. Don’t. Please.”  Mark said, as if pleading a bit. Then he held my hand at my side gently, felt like it calmed me. “Thanks, bro… I don’t know what to think without you here…”  I muttered, then lowering my head. “I think I just needed this kind of moves so that it would bring me back to normal. I’m Ok now, bro… more than ever…”  I said calmly, rather panting. Then I heard myself smirking which made Mark looked at me curiously, “I think you need a psychiatrist…” He teased, and then I punched his chest, “ouch!” “Shut up!”  then we laughed out of our lungs. Mark somehow watched me eagerly, seeing me so happy again, “See. You look so gorgeous when you do that… ok? Stop frowning. Let’s have a lunch, shall we?”  he asked as he went to his feet first and reaching for my hand, “We shall!”  I called and took his offer and went to canteen.

           Right after lunch, it was the same routine, he left for another subject at a different building far away, while mine just here and went to entrance to take up the next Math subject. I’m taking up Fine Arts, by the way… It’s the same feeling again, hearing students’ buzzes and talks all around me; all they ever talked about was my arrival. I intended to walk so calmly at the middle of the corridor to find my room. Although, I only lowered my head, able to get unnoticed, until I suddenly bumped my forehead at someone’s chest… hard… I backed away a bit… covering my forehead, still not looking up.

           My eyes lay on the owner’s expensive white sneakers. It seemed that he plays basketball, though, then, slowly scanned him right upward from his very expensive trendy wardrobe, who seemed like he’s been in a party or something… then,

           “Watch where you going, punk…”  it said with a low, rather arrogant voice, and then heard a small smirk with it. I looked at his face, rather slowly, to recognize him. He was staring narrowly at me, rather with seemed to be like flirting at me… He had a shoulder length, jet-black hair, eyebrow pierced, ear-pierced, and a sullen, rather arrogant face that I’ve ever seen, not so good being like that, though he does have a very good looking face if he won’t do that. Well, it’s his life anyway… I looked at him with same sullen face and glared, “You do the same, punk.”  I said coolly, rather irritated. I saw his face changed from a smirk smile into a frown, which seemed he does have been pissed off from what I said, and then he suddenly pushed me, rather hard. But, in my quick intense, I managed myself in balanced. I stepped my foot back, able to control the impact. I looked at him again, this time he moved as if he was really been pissed off. But I felt a twinge of rage inside me, just a thought of the way he treated me like that, I’m not used to this! I suddenly advanced on him, lowered and punched his stomach with all of might. I heard him gasped for breathe and doubled back of its impact. He whimpered, crouching, as if he’s going to vomit on the floor. I can see his knees numbed. All of a sudden, I heard someone said, “Oh, my god! Did you see that?”  I looked around, though; all of the students in the corridor were watching us now, as if there was a huge fight between us. Everyone had gone quiet, wondering what I’m going to do next, I just stood there, and then I looked back at the guy I just punched. He was looking at me with the same look awhile ago, and then he fixed himself and stood up in front of me. He’d rather have inches taller than me, but, he knew now that he can’t control me that simple. He walked closer to me and stared. I heard others gasped. It seemed that these people were so afraid of him… but why?

           “Huh, you’re good are you? WELL, your lucky this time.”  Claimed the guy, as he glared at me so dangerous, “Next time we collide, you should look at where you going, punk! I’ll let this past for now.” He said harshly not taking his eyes off me. I can see him gritted his teeth as he talks. I even glared at him, leveling his rage on me. I saw that he had a company. 2 boys at either side of him, as if his bodyguard. One of them looked at me as though wanted to eat me or something, and the other was the same but much weirdo… I just shrugged and chinned up, able to control a temper at the moment, fixed my backpack and about to walk along as I passed between them, and right in front of him as I walked pass through. The crowd ahead, created an aisle, able to let me pass through. Some of them were having awe expressions on their faces; some were shaking their heads in disbelief and some looked at me as though they idolizes me… what a weirdo.

           “You do believe that we won’t see each other again that instant are you?”  shouted the guy, “Well, you’re wrong, sweetie! Bet you’ll see this gorgeous face in a moment or even in your dreams! Hahaha!”  I heard all the guy’s gang was laughing at my back, as if they were having fun. The other students ahead were asking me and able to talk to me. As I heard him that, my hands were shaking in rage. Somehow, I could challenge him, neck to neck, but I didn’t, instead, I just made a face, and walked faster, able to disappear.

           I was kind of pissed off knowing I’m already 20 mins late for my next class, feeling the jolt and tense inside me, thinking that this was the most important subject I have ever attended and now I’m late for the very 1st time in my life! I took a very deep breathe the moment I reached in front of the door and turned the door knob as I opened it slowly. First thing that I saw was so dull and hardly seen anything. It was quiet as I entered in there. It was a wide classroom, as if it was a stadium or something, but it’s just a classroom, or like a mini stadium? I was standing at the very end at the backseat. I was so impressed about the way the class was so quiet and all are participating. I didn’t notice that the door was automatically closed with its very loud bang, letting the class rushed their eyes where the sound created.. on me, even the professor at the far center in front of the huge blackboard. He was so small with it, wears eyeglasses, with a very weird hairdo. He looked like 40’s or 50’s or something with his outfit. The students seemed they were in a first class. A bunch of a fashionable outfits as if attending an elite model and made me really embarrassed with my own outfit… I lowered my head so eagerly, able to not seeing those eyes on me.

           I sat at the nearest empty seat at the back, able to hide myself a bit in there. The moment I put my skateboard beside me, a sudden bizz talks came around and all I ever heard of was about me, being having this weird outfit, where I came from, etc. etc… same old situation I supposed, when, “So, tell me…”  the Professor began, “Are you sure you’re in my class, my dear?”  He asked as he laid his eyes on me. All of the students do the same, waiting for an answer. “Uhm, yes sir…”  I said flatly. I don’t even felt nothing when it comes to him, “Really?”  he began, not believing, “Can I see your card please?”  He ordered in a demanding way. The students were watching us as if playing a tennis game. I stood up smoothly and gently climbed down the aisle of the class. They kind of observing me as I walked though, I can tell. Maybe because they were a bit amazed on how I walked… even this Professor was staring at me downwards with his awe expression on his face, he eventually looked idiot, by the way… The moment I reached him with my card, he began, as he shook his head a bit with a cleared throat, fixed his eyeglasses, then retrieved the card, “Well,” He smirked, “If it isn’t Lucifer Essa Kenshin…” “Call me Lui, perhaps,”  I snapped.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

=need to continue further... under construction=