Cozy When Cold ❅ (Ch. 2 "I Don't Like You")

Cozy When Cold ❅

Chapter Two

“ I don’t like you...”

He bursts out laughing. My face feels so warm and hot, I felt so embarrassed. So, I stomp

on his foot. He holds onto the foot and hops up and down with a hilarious face. He finally takes control and says, “I was just trying to help.” And I boast, “Hmpf. I don’t need that scarf. Go away, creep.” And in my mind, I beat myself up. How could I say that to someone, maybe because I was so scared. Although, what was I afraid of?

He replies, “Don’t worry, It doesn’t hurt.”  

“Well that’s a shame.”

“What?”

“Nothing, nevermind.”

I walk briskly, trying to leave him behind in the cold, but he quickly limps over and catches up. I try and ignore him, never meeting his eye. I look at the puppy, and notice the small absence of hair on his belly. The fur had been stained by blood. It seems that he was hurt from an accident. The poor canine had no energy and fell asleep in my cradling arms.

When we finally make it to the nearest animal clinic, we entrust the puppy to the nurse and sit patiently in the waiting room. There are no animals in the clinic, as usual, because Seoul lacks pets. I don’t own a pet myself, because I’m not able to afford it. Although, I do volunteer at this clinic when I am able to to. Me and the North Wood guy sit side by side. He picks up a magazine and begins flipping through the pages, I gaze at him and realize his light brown eyes, his sharp features, and his cute dimples. Even his eyebrows were full and his facial hair was well-shaved and his teeth was white and his hair was so... oh. my. god. I’m totally checking this guy out!

Quickly, I look away and felt so embarrassed and almost ashamed of myself. I slowly look back up at him and our eyes suddenly meet. We stare into each others eyes for a moment and my heartbeat races again. He begins to lean closer...closer... and I sneeze into his face, bumping my forehead onto his with a bang.

We rub our foreheads with our hands, trying to release the aching. We just sat there, and we both burst out laughing to tears. I smiled so hard.

The nurse interrupts and tells us the puppy would have to stay for a couple of days to regain strength. We both nod, thank the nurse, and leave.

We’re outside and we look at each other, he leans closer. So I froze and closed my eyes, afraid. I can’t believe I was going to have my first kiss right here. He whispers to me in my ear, “Can I have my scarf back?”

“What.”

I say, so surprised that it came out calm. “I don’t like you,” he says as my heart drops to the floor and it seems as though I was so gullible,“yet.”

    “What.”