Chapter 1

Let's play a love game

“Such an !” you thought to yourself as you see the player, Kris whispering into the ear of a girl, making her giggle. You can’t believe how much of a jerk he can be, going around breaking girls’ hearts. Even Kai isn’t that bad!

Your feelings of hatred towards him are probably ten times worse than everyone else’s feelings for him combined, only because he tried to hook you up after breaking your best friend’s heart.

“What have the chicken done to you to deserve this treatment? Furthermore, you shouldn’t be playing around with your food”, a voice beside you said. It was Suho along with your roommate, HyeMi and your best friend, Kim. They sat down beside and opposite you, blocking your view of the player. You were so deep in thoughts and focused on the player that you subconsciously stabbed your chicken fillet, thinking it was the player with your fork.

“What are you thinking about?” HyeMi asked.

“Nothing. Just, deep in thoughts on something.” you lied.

“I’ll go for my next class first. Enjoy your meals guys. See you later!” you said after looking at your stabbed chicken fillet, causing you to lose all your appetite to eat.

 

On your way from the cafeteria to the locker, you still can’t stop thinking about how badly the jerk has hurt your best friend. Speak of the devil, there stands the devil in front of his locker.

“Hey~ looking really pretty as usual.”

You gave him a sarcastic smile and rolled your eyes before facing the locker and getting your stuffs for the next lesson.

“Aren’t you gonna thank me for complimenting you like you always do even though they were sarcastic?” Kris asked

“Go away. You’re a jerk!”

“Woah woah woah! Wait a minute. You’ve just hurt my feelings by calling me a jerk. What did I do? I just complimented you.” Kris said, feigning shock.

“Oops! Did I? I thought you didn’t have any feelings. Well I’m sorry.” You said.

“You know what you’re done to not only Kim but almost every other girls in this school, you jerk. You’re a player!” you growled, glaring directly at him.

“I’m not a player. And I date who I want, break up with them when I want to.”

“Come on! Everyone knows that you’re a player.”

“Whatever. I’m not a player and that’s that.” Kris said, facing another direction with one hand in his pocket and another holding on to the strap of his backpack.

“Says the player.”

“Alright.” Kris said, turning to you and trapping you with his hands pressed on the lockers on both of your sides.

You were taken aback but tried to keep your cool and maintain your glare on him.

“If I’m a player, then let’s play a game.”

“What are the rules?”

“We’ll be a couple. We’ll sweet talk, play fight, talk 24/7, tell each other good morning and night every day, take walks together, give each other nicknames, hang out with each other’s friends, go on dates, talk on the phone and text all night long, hold, hug and kiss each other.” He said before leaning close to you and whisper into your right ear, “and whoever falls in love first, loses.”

“Alright. And so will we play this game.” You replied him with a smirk on your face.