Chapter 21

I'm not crazy!

Weekends.
The dreaded weekends.
Okay, Chanyeol did like weekends because he gets to lie in bed with his puppy and spend the whole two days without leaving his side, but there's one thing he hated.
Waking the puppy up was more like waking the beast up.
Baekhyun was so affectionate and excited during the day that no one would have known that if he didn't wake up naturally he'd have the temper of a sleeping dragon.
No one except Chanyeol.


"WAKE UP THLEEPYHEADS, KYUNGTHOO HYUNG AND LAY HYUNG MADE PANCAKETH!!" Sehun's voice, followed by the loud banging of his fist on Chanyeol and Baekhyun's bedroom door came from outside.

"In a second!" Chanyeol yelled at the door, then looked down at the puppy in his arms.
Pep talk Chanyeol.
Just put on your nicest smile, no not the twitchy kind, the pretty kind. And also your sweetest voice, and gently his hair, and maybe he won't send you flying across the room like he always does okay?
All set? Good, let's do this.

"Baekie..." Chanyeol called sweetly and reached out slowly and carefully to touch Baekhyun.
Oh crap oh crap oh-OOOF.
Chanyeol ended up on the floor with one kick from Baekhyun in the stomach.
I kinda wish Baekhyun hadn't done hapkido because that shizzle hurts when he uses it unconsciously.

"BAEKHYUNIE HYUNG WAKE UP ITH PANCAKETH DAY!" Sehun bursted through the door, heading straight for the sleeping man on the bed.

"No Sehun don't-OW MY BALLS!!"
That's it. I'll never have kids now.

 

"Did someone say balls just now?" Kai asked with his mouth stuffed as Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Tao came out of the formers two's bedroom.
I'm not answering that.
Chanyeol headed straight for the freezer and grabbed some ice packs.

"Erm... Well... You see, I didn't know how violent Baekhyunie hyung could get in the mornings, so I tried to wake him up and he kicked me off the bed and I landed on Chanyeolie hyung-"

"And squished his nuts?" Luhan said out loud, and suddenly all eyes were on Chanyeol, who had stretched out the front of his sweatpants' waistband and the ice pack was half way into his pants.
Remind me why I hate weekend mornings again.

"Chanyeol, that's gross." Kris scrunched his face up and turned away, triggering all the disgust thrown at him by the others.
Chanyeol muttered a sorry, washed his hands and joined his friends who were crowded on the floor around the small coffee table in the living room.

"Yeolie, I'm sorry..." Baekhyun puffed his cheeks out and pouted at Chanyeol.
Chanyeol sighed.
How can I ever stay mad at this puppy?
He silently grabbed a plate of pancakes and forked a piece onto Baekhyun's plate, then smiled as nicely as he could.

"I love you Chanyeolie~" Baekhyun pecked Chanyeol's cheek and happily attacked the extra pancake on his plate.

"Dude." Kris poked Chanyeol with his fork and hissed.

"Wat."

"You're so whipped." Kris raised his eyebrow at Chanyeol then nodded at Baekhyun, who was all too happy wolfing down pancakes and joking with Chen.

"Says the person who buys his boyfriend Gucci because he saw a cockroach." Chanyeol whispered and pointed at Tao's belt.

"Oh please you two, that's just pot calling the kettle black." Chen rolled his eyes and reached over to slap Chanyeol and Kris's arms.

"Did someone say black just now?"
Kkamjong. Pls.

 

"I think you should do the top button up." Kyungsoo cocked his head and examined Suho left and right, then reached out to hold the collar of his shirt together.

"No, leave it as it is, it looks fine." Baekhyun slapped Kyungsoo's hand away and pushed their dormmates back so they could all have a better look at Suho.

"How else will he show his y Adam's apple?" Kai snickered, high giving his boyfriend.

"Suho hyung can't seduce Lay hyung! It's only the first date!" Sehun protested and tried to duck under Baekhyun's arm, only to be pulled back by Chanyeol.
I thought this morning's lesson was to learn your place.
Oh wait, I'm the one who got smashed in the groin because you didn't learn your place.

"How's my Umma looking?" Tao appeared at the door, beaming at his adoptive mother.

"Tao hyung! Top bottom done or undone?"

"Undone, duh. Umma has a nice chest."
That sounds a little dodgy.

"Although you might wanna dress it down a little, Xing Xing Ge is wearing a hoodie and jeans." Tao eyed Suho in his shirt and chino pants.

"Yeah but Suho hyung has to seduce Lay hyung!" Kai blurted out, earning a slap on the chest from Kyungsoo.
What is with teenagers these days and their crazy drives?

"We're not even together, he's just asked me to go on a date with him..." Suho blushed and peeled his shirt off, grabbing a long sleeved V neck from his closet.

"Actually, Umma looks better like this. Casual and it shows off his smexy chest."
Okay that definitely sounds dodgy.

"No! Wear the shirt, that's too much chest!" The hyperactive maknae flailed his arms around, attempting to struggle out of Baekhyun's grip on him.

"Yeolie, you haven't said anything. What do you think?" Baekhyun asked, and all eyes turned to him.
Why do I always get unwanted attention?
Chanyeol gulped, and the lump in his throat felt larger.

"Um... Uh..." Chanyeol froze, staring back at the six pairs of eyes on him.
Just pick one!
Argh so much pressure!
Just... Pick... Argh, fudge it. 

Chanyeol sighed in defeat, shut his eyes, spun around three times and extended his hand until he touched some fabric.
Through his dizzy vision, he saw that he had his hand slapped against Suho's abs before he collapsed on the floor.

"Yeolie! Oh my gosh are you okay?"
Baekie, why does your face keep spinning round and round...?

"So... V neck?"

"Oh. Uhm. Yeah."

 

"Don't drop me Yeolie!!" Baekhyun shrieked as Chanyeol hoisted him up onto his shoulders.
I won't.... I hope.

"I won't! Just don't take too long!" Chanyeol wheezed, trembling a little.
I now know that feeding you cakes was definitely a bad idea.

"Okay but please stop shaking!" Baekhyun wailed, almost dropping the ball of blu tack and the photos in his hand.
Chanyeol gripped tightly onto Baekhyun's calves and stuck his tongue out in concentration as he balanced them both.

"Phew. I'll try and make it quick Yeolie." Baekhyun tore a small blob off the blu tack ball and stuck it onto the back of one picture, then positioned it perfectly above the one Chanyeol had put up a few minutes earlier.
He could only reach so high, and when there were dozens of photos left they didn't have any choice other than having Baekhyun sit on his shoulder and put them up.
And now we wait.
Chanyeol let out a silent sigh and stared at the picture of a chubby 3 year old Kris crying with snot running down his face, and holding the toddler that was himself, staring wide-eyed at the camera.
Why is this even up on our walls?

"I've been meaning to ask you about that photo. Why was Kris crying?"
Uh...

"Oh, um, I think his mom wanted him to go and he didn't want to."

"Aw that's so sweet!"
Yeaaaaaah... Totally sweet.


Chanyeol: Krease, if you tell Baekhyun the reason why you were crying in that baby photo of us is because I crapped my pants and it leaked onto your clothes, I'm drawing all over your basketball shoes with a sharpie. Love you! ( ; 3 ; )