Chapter 1

Calender in the Making

Title: Calendars in the Making

Author: else07

Pairing: Kyusung

Rating: Pg13

Summary: Calendar making is a lot harder than everyone thought, especially when your photographer is Yesung and your star model is Kyuhyun.

 

 

 규성 

In the dark room, two silhouettes were whispering animatedly.

"It has to change this year."

"Right, the higher-ups won't tolerate any more failure."

"But it's so difficult... It's obvious they are not the one doing this. Or they'd take pity and stop criticizing us."

"I know, right ? They only know how to give orders and they won't lift a finger to help !" A fist collided with the wooden table. 

"Keep calm, Kangin. Let's carefully devise our plan. First off, when should we strike ?"

"I think at night, around 10 pm. People will all be at their respective homes at that time and we won't attract too much attention in the streets."

"Something's still bugging me. We didn't have that kind of problems before. Why is it not working anymore ?"

"The material, obviously. We've been using the same ones for the past few years and logically it's not as effective as it was at first."

"So we should change it, according to you. You know, that'll cost money, heaps of money. I'm afraid we can't afford that."

"It's okay, I have my connections... I can get new ones at a very affordable price."

"Which connections ? You're making me curious. Tell me more about it."

Before said-Kangin could enlighten his interlocutor, a cough diverted both their attention. 

"Kangin-hyung, Leeteuk-hyung, you asked us all to gather here but you've been talking only to each other for a while now..."

"We don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about."

"Why are we in the dark anyway ? It's creepy ! Someone turn the lights on !"

"... Are you planning a robbery ? I'm sorry, I won't sell you out to the police, but count me out."

Leeteuk looked shocked while Kangin stifled a laugh.

"Where do you get those ideas, Siwon ? Of course not !"

"We weren't counting on you anyway - "

"Kangin ! Stop messing with them !" The bulky man received a rightfully earned good swat on the head. "We were talking about a very important task which is incumbent upon us..." He paused and glanced at Kangin.

"... The traditional..."

"... New Year..."

"... Calendars sale." They said together. 

 

There was a silence before the younger members of the brigade reacted.

"... Hyung... Does it require a meeting with everyone ?"

"Here we thought it was something important..."

"Can't you just assign the calendars for us to sell and... Basta ?"

"You fools. It is crucial, I'm not joking. Our bonus for Christmas and New Year mobilization depends entirely on the number of calendars we manage to sell each year."

"Nooooo ! Are you for real ?"

"Sadly it's the truth, and worse, for the past five years, the sales have been decreasing."

"We have to do something !" The youngers were beginning to get fired up.

"So here we were, trying to find a way to improve our sales."

"And we came to the conclusion that we had to change the photos on the calendars."

("... Did they really come to that ? I didn't understand that at all." Eunhyuk whispered to Donghae.)

"... The photos are still those of Park Jinyoung," Leeteuk ignored the remark, "who kindly donated them to the firestation about six years ago, as a friend of our boss, and... Yeah, I think you see what I mean."

"These photos may be a bit outdated." Siwon tactfully summed up.

(if there are Park Jinyoung aka JYP fans among the readers, I'm really sorry for using him like that, I don't have anything against him at all)

"Needless to say that it was strange that it was a fireman from another firestation on our calendars."

"So, now that you know everything, we'll just quickly agree on a model for the photos to be displayed on this year's calendars and then go home because it's late."

Silence.

"Anyone ?" Leeteuk urged gently.

Silence.

Every members were avoiding their leader's hopeful gaze in fear of being led to agree to something they would regret all their life (or at least part of it). Kangin sighed and zeroed in on a particular member of the squad.

"You do it, Donghae."

"What ? Why me ? That's so unfair. I don't want to !"

"Who will be kind enough to devote himself to this task ?"

"Not me."

"Nope."

"Don't count on me !"

"Never"

"No way"

"N..."

"I won"t take no for an answer Sungmin !" Kangin was losing patience by now.

"Hmm... What about we make the newbie do it?"

All eyes pensively turned to the sole empty chair in the room.

"There, we are finally going somewhere."

"... You have good ideas when you want, Sungmin."

"Let's make him do it."

"He is handsome."

"And young."

("What's that supposed to mean, Siwon ?!"

"Nothing, Teukie-hyung.")

It was once again proved right that those who are absent are always wrong.

 

 

 규성 

 

He felt like running away.

From the very moment he had set foot inside the car, he had been pinned under an inquisitive stare.

Two, in fact. Kangin and Leeteuk had never looked as serious as today, this fateful day when he was going to be sacrificed his picture was going to be taken, all alone, individually, for public display. He had been still slowly recovering from his annual winter flu when his leader had called a few days back, very late in the evening to announce him suspiciously gleefully that his "thoughtful colleagues" had found a way for him to participate in their end of the year mission without having to roam the cold streets after the sun sets, which was always so tiring and of course they hadn't wanted to make it too hard on him since he had just joined recently and so on.

He really should have thanked him after hearing him out.

 

Some might have even envied him for this rare opportunity but he honestly would have traded his games (see how serious he was) with whomever could have taken his place. It was just his personal opinion, but he could very well make do without his face being printed on hundreds of calendars, these calendars being bought at every house in the neighbourhood and him being recognized as the "fireman on the calendar" by five-year-old children in the streets.

Urk.

Just don't think about that. Do not think about that.

For a second, he imagined that the car's door wasn't locked and caressed the fantasy of dramatically jumping out of the car and making a run to the safety of his home he should'nt have even left.

 

"Remember, Kyuhyun," Leeteuk called his attention back to the front of the car. "You have the main role, and it's crucial that you don't screw up. Whatever you do, do not make him upset. We need the photos. Even if he makes you go through hell, you have to follow his instructions obediently."

 

"Don't be mistaken" Kangin continued. "He is very nice but his passion for photography can overwhelm him and make him quite snappy if he doesn't manage to get the right effect he wants. (Turn to the left at the next stop, Leeteuk.) My cousin is just weird like that, but we know you'll bear with it just fine. And you can be sure your photos will be beautiful."

 

Kyuhyun snorted and rubbed his itchy nose, rendered rosy from too much blowing.

Kangin's cousin had better be very skillful to make him look good as his numerous past experiences with photography had made him come to the conclusion that he would forever look either awkward or murderous and everything (short of good) in between.

He clutched his bag tighter as they approached the building where Kangin's cousin worked.

It was going to be a very unpleasant experience.

 

 

 규성 

 

 

He felt like running away.

From the moment he had set foot inside the building, he had been pinned under an inquisitive stare.

Behind her desk, a strict-looking bespectacled woman was examining him from head to toes as if she wanted to make sure what kind of disgusting being had actually showed up in front of her. He didn't dare bat an eyelid and waited for her to speak first, which she did in a ridiculously pompous and high voice, after letting an awkward silence settle in the empty hallway.

"Look at that. No, that's definitely nothing like a ballet teacher. Why is that standing there like a statue ? Hey, are you mute ?" She spat out, as if it was a personal offense. When he failed to answer right away, she angrily insisted. "Or are you deaf too ? You're not a ballet teacher, are you ?!"

"N-No..." Kyuhyun said hastily to the crazy woman. "I-I'm a fireman, Miss Secretary."

The woman froze. "Repeat what you just said." The very possessed look she sported wasn't encouraging at all, but he assumed it would be worse not to comply and therefore stuttered in fear : "W-What should I r-repeat, M-Miss Secretary... ?"

A wide smile bloomed on her lips. " Miss Secretary..." She repeated dreamily. "Yes... I'm a secretary, the most gorgeous one on this earth..." She snapped her attention back at him. "Do you find me attractive ?"

"H-Hmm, ye-"

"Of course you do, everyone does. So he should too, right ? There's no reason for him not to fall for me, right ? But... Why hasn't he been coming these past few days... ?" She choked tragically. "He promised he would ! I've been waiting since dawn and there's still not a single trace of him..." She sighed. "... Just... You." You, you unidentified object, Kyuhyun mentally finished for her as he gave a strained smile under her accusing gaze. Another one who watched too much drama.

"Hmm, Miss Secretary" He took the drop of intensity of her gaze as an encouragement. "I'm absolutely sorry for taking up so much of your precious time, but could you perhaps, Miss Secretary, kindly indicate to me where I could find a photographer called Yesung, please ? Miss Secretary ?" He added for good measure.

"Him ?" The secretary handed him a flyer with a few words on a simple flowery background. "Kim Yesung, photography major in third year of **** art school. Photo sessions, weddings, birthdays at a reasonable price."

"I guess it's him, Miss Secretary."

"... Go through here, Mr Fireman." She finally gestured to the door on her left after giving him a last once-over and Kyuhyun almost ran to it, almost forgetting to bow before escaping leaving. 

 

 규성 

 

He felt like running away.

From the moment he had set foot inside the room, he had been pinned under an inquisitive stare.

It wouldn't have been as disturbing if the owner of said-stare wasn't looking at him so intensely from his spot, hidden behind a shiny camera, his head tilted just the slightest bit, so that his eyes were the only part of his face that Kyuhyun could see. 

Am I really that suspicious ? Why is he looking at me that way ? Like I'm...

Kyuhyun gulped uncomfortably. In the hallway he had pretty much felt like a slug but now, he sort of felt like a... gigantic rhinoceros having entered the stranger's garden and stomped all over the flowers he had been carefully tending for.

"H-Hello, my name is Cho Kyuhyun and I-I'm here for a photo session with Kim Yesung - Miss Secretary over there told me it was here and... I-It's about the calendars - I mean, I'm from the fire station and we made an appointment with you - I think - "

"It's me. I was waiting for you." 

 

Shiver.

Threatened to be followed by another one. 

It's me.

Me.

Me.

I was waiting

For you.

You.

You.

His ears were ringing with the few words. They had been delivered very quietly, with just enough force to make themselves heard, in a velvety voice.

So low and soft... 

 

Click.

Startled by the sudden flash of light, Kyuhyun blinked several times confusedly, effectively distracted from his daydreaming.

Click. Click.

More lights caught him off-guard and a chuckle escaped the other man as he walked to the side, revealing his outfit : black wool pullover with a pair of dark jeans (which fitted the color of his hair perfectly, the brunette noticed before he could stop himself).

"In photography, the key point is to appear as casual, natural even on the set. It's natural beauty which is truly important and I do not wish to bring out anything else from my models" The photographer began, his tone calm and measured, with the ghost of a smile still playing on his lips. "You're new to this, so we're not going to take photos for the calendars right away. I'm going to be taking a few experimental shots so that you get used to it." He walked closer to Kyuhyun, the camera in hand and his eyes raked over his form. "Hmm... First, I suggest you take off your jacket and scarf, and make yourself comfortable. You can put them over there. Try to relax, don't be stiff."

His voice seemingly lost, Kyuhyun nodded and turned around (click), stripped off his jacket, pulling out one arm (click) then the other (click), then carefully unwrapping (click) the red scarf protecting his neck from the cold winter wind, putting them on an abandoned chair (click) and turned to face Yesung again (click), a deep frown directed at him expressing his unworded what-are-you-doing question.

Click.

Grinning, the photographer lowered the camera and shook his head. "That was just to confirm a little something, and I was right. You're automatically wincing each time you hear those 'clicks', and that absolutely won't do. We'll have to work on getting you used to the sound until it doesn't bother you anymore."

 

 규성 

 

 

"Enough." He said with an appreciative smile. 

They had spent some time just taking photos while chatting, Kyuhyun seated on a chair and Yesung working around him, focusing on him from various angles. Kyuhyun had been at first on guard and extremely awkward but Yesung's peculiarity with the conversational subjects he chose was just too much and Kyuhyun had found himself unable to resist giving his own point of view. Especially at some point when the photographer had remarked out of nowhere, pensively pushing buttons on his camera, how Choi Minho from that SHINEE group kinda reminded him of Will Turner, minus the pirate attire of course, and how he hoped that maybe one day SHINEE would dress up like Pirates of the Caribbean so that he would be able to verify his assessment, or who knows, maybe one day Orlando Bloom would dress up as SHINEE but he couldn't imagine that very well and how would he do that anyway - Kyuhyun had just been unable to ignore this becausecome on, he didn't know what was wrong with Yesung's eyes but just no way.

(let's skip all the "what the hell I strongly disagree but OMG do you listen to SHINEE secretly as well" that ensued. The undeniable result was that Kyuhyun felt much more comfortable afterwards, talking with Yesung as if they were long-time friends, and was able to forget completely about the photos Yesung took continuously throughout their fanboying fit discussion.)

 

"You can go change into your working outfit behind that folding screen while I adjust the lights."

Okay, Kyuhyun. You can do it. He was lucky Yesung was so accomodating, not at all menacing or hysteric about photography like he had feared upon hearing Kangin's recommendations.

He quickly emptied his bag, taking out his uniform, working boots and helmet, and was ready in no time to step onto the set (which consisted of only a green background). However, he was immediately stopped by Yesung who led him to a chair and began to smear his face with cream and powder.

 

"... What about the 'natural' beauty you mentioned earlier ?" Kyuhyun asked, his eyes closed and his voice full of irony.

"I was talking about your features and expressions of course." Yesung explained absent-mindedly. "Make-up is crucial if you don't want to look sickly pale or have your nose shining because of the light." He was sticking out his tongue, deeply concentrated on applying just the right amount of pink on the brunette's cheeks. "Now open your eyes please, and don't blink."

As the oblivious photographer dutifully went on applying eyeliner to highlight the shape of Kyuhyun's eyes, it was very difficult not to stare into Yesung's black irises as they were just right in front of his.

That could just turn into a staring contest was Kyuhyun's strange thought as he tried not to feel too flustered because of their proximity - did Yesung really have to be this close ? He was squinting his eyes, maybe he actually had bad eyesight, the brunette mused.

"There, now you're ready." Kyuhyun found himself staring at an empty space as Yesung swiftly went back to his camera. 

"Come on, handsome, into the light !" The photographer laughed.

 

 

 규성 

 

 

It had gone pretty well at first : Yesung had made him stand then sit with various postures, with his helmet then without it, smiling then not, looking straight at the camera then away in the far distance... Kyuhyun had been getting the hang of it and had had no problems executing Yesung's orders - even having kinda fun.

His troubles began with the close-ups.

 

There are two main kinds of close-ups, and Yesung here was part of the crowd who chose not to zoom in but to physically step closer to the subject. Thus Kyuhyun could enjoy his own "close-ups" of the monstruous lens of the camera. Adding to the fact that he had been standing under the spotlights for almost half an hour and thus was beginning to sweat under his gear, which seemed to grow heavier by each passing minute, discomfort creeped into his frame little by little. Focusing became increasingly difficult and he knew he wasn't responding as well to the directions he was being given as earlier. He couldn't help but tense up and frown and that was just when he had to particularly control his facial expression. He was fighting it with all his might but to no avail : his composure was slowly falling apart.

Click.

He flinched.

Click.

He closed his eyes at the wrong moment.

 

"Sorry." Kyuhyun croaked after shaking his head to attempt to clear his thoughts. His throat was very dry.

"That's okay, relax. I'll step back a little since you're still a bit too conscious of the camera." Yesung gave an encouraging smile.

That's not quite correct. It's more like conscious of the camera and the one holding it, to be precise.

Kyuhyun quickly stifled the little voice in his head. He didn't need yet another reason to feel more nervous right now - even if he had to admit that Yesung's silhouette from a closer look hadn't been unpleasant to the eye and had at least served as a good distraction to the goddamn camera if not helping with the heat overwhelming him.

 

Hot.

He couldn't think of anything else anymore.

Too hot...

 

 규성 

 

 

"You okay ? Kyuhyun ?"

He was lying on the floor, his head resting on Yesung's laps and noticing their position, he still found the strength to blush (fortunately he could blame that on his overheating) although he felt overall exhausted.

"I just feel a bit dizzy... Just one moment..." He grabbed Yesung's hands and kept them where they were, on the piece of wet fabric cooling his forehead and Yesung just let him do it.

"Have you been ill ?" He gently asked.

"I haven't... fully recovered... from the flu yet..."

"Oh... Then your fever was acting up and I just didn't notice. I'm so sorry, we should stop here."

"No." Kyuhyun forced his eyes open and searched for the photographer's gaze. "I'm going... to rest just a little.... then we'll continue... where we left out."

"Are you sure ? That's really not neces-"

"Sure. Just wait a bit."

Yesung opened his mouth to protest again but Kyuhyun's burning glare stopped him from adding any more words and instead he just dabbed his forehead with another corner of the piece of fabric, worry etched on his face with a flicker of guilt.

 

 

 규성 

 

 

He felt a bit better but not quite as good as earlier. Thank goodness it was alright for him to remove the upper part of his uniform, leaving him with only his thin white wifebeater underneath. A light headache was pestering him but nothing he couldn't manage. Strangely, this state even induced a better control of his reactions as his perception of the camera - and Yesung himself - were altered, allowing him to pose without thinking about the gigantic lens directed at him, the sweat trickling down his body and in fact, hardly thinking about anything at all, his cerebral functions reduced to a minimum.

 

It's almost like I'm under a spell. Kyuhyun's mind provided. He is, like, a sorcerer and I'm his puppet.

And truthfully, he didn't really care in his state.

Hypnotized, he just let Yesung guide him, following his indications delivered softly.

"Lift your head slightly up. There, it's good." Click.

...

"Now, let's try a more teasing concept. Turn around and look seductively at the camera." Click.

...

"Lift up your wifebeater just a little." Click.

...

"A hand in your hair, the other on your hip. There." Click.

...

"Your pelvis a bit lower please. Stop, perfect." Click.

...

"A smirk now. Very good." Click.

...

...

"Kyuhyun ? We're finished... You did very well."

A smile from Yesung.

And the magic spell wore off.

 

He woke up in Leeteuk's car, on the way back home. And he realized just what kind of photos he had just agreed to let Yesung take and remembered the calendars waiting for his pictures.

And finally, he decided to take it with philosophy.

No serious harm could be done from mere calendars and people would surely just look quickly at the photos and not really pay attention to his face - a calendar's purpose was to keep track on today's date, right, not to ogle at a picture the entire month.

 

He just hoped his mother would miraculously never come across the photos resulting of this session.

 

 규성 

 

 

"Yoboseyeo ?"

"Mrs Cho speaking. Can you get me Cho Kyuhyun, please ? I'd like to have a word with him."

"... Unma ? W-Why are you calling the fire station ?"

"CHO KYUHYUN."

Oh my God, oh my God, OH MY GOD, my life is ruined, I'm getting disowned, what will happen to my games, my consoles ? Will they sell everything ? No way ! "Please calm down unma, I can explain everything, just let me -"

A heavy sigh at the end of the line cut him.

"... You know. I found this photographer's flyer lying under your bed. To think that you were going to have these kinds of photos taken, you don't know how disappointed I felt -"

"... You saw the photos... ?" He whispered. 

"And here I thought you were planning to offer me a whole photo session for my birthday !"

"... Pardon me ?" 

"I know it's my fault for getting my hopes up, but your mother couldn't help it ! You knew I had always dreamt of posing like a model..."

"Wait a minute. You don't mind the photos... ?"

"Not at all. I'm rather proud of you - you're as handsome as your father - why ?"

"Really ?" He asked disbelievingly.

"Of course. I'll keep it preciously, thank you ! That was very thoughtful of you to send it to me beforehand. I appreciate the thought."

"... I sent you what ?"

"The New Year calendar of course ! What else ?"

"Huh ? But I didn't send you anything... I haven't even seen the photos -"

Donghae chose that moment to bump into his back, making him lose grip of the telephone and accidentally hung up.

"Donghae ! Can't you pay more attention ?! My mother - Why are you all red ?"

To his greatest dismay, Donghae was holding what looked suspiciously like a calendar and spasms of barely restrained laughter was  currently challenging his balance. Worse, everyone in the room had rummaged through a big cardboard box which seemed to have arrived during his phone conversation.

 

"It's... Very... Pfff !"

"Ha ha ha !"

"The noonas will love it !"

"I thought we should have gone for a ier concept but this works out pretty well too. Well thought, Leeteuk-hyung."

"Well, he is underage, I couldn't possibly have let him do anything too wild, he is just almost twenty."

"Ha Ha Ha ! Oh my God, it's too funny, ha ha ha ! Look at this one ! You're too cute, Kyunnie !"

"And this one, with the shy smile, oh my God"

Kyuhyun attentively examined every photos. The green background had been replaced by beautiful landscapes and altogether it really could have been the work of a professional.

"Very cute" Leeteuk approved from behind him. "Good job here, this is definitely going to sell ! Don't make that face, it's very good !" He patted his head with a blinding smile, and strangely enough, at the usually refreshing smile of the leader of the brigade, Kyuhyun just felt all his energy leave his body and he slumped on the ground, in the middle of the crazed room.

("Let's hang one on this wall ! You don't mind, right, Kyuhyun ?")

And the other photos ? Why did he have to undergo the entire photo session until he felt faint, if the first shots had been good enough for the calendar ? From the beginning, it had been decided that it would be more of a cute concept.

He felt like a fool and that was something he particularly hated.

 

 

 규성 

 

 

"So that's where you've been hiding... Yesung." The secretary entered the little room and took a seat besides the ebony-haired man, immediately grabbing something on the table.

"Is that the calendar you were asked to make ?" She flipped through the pages inspecting the photos with a small smile. "Ke ke ke, totally ridiculous but cute. Doesn't beat my ballet teacher though."

"Hmm."

She peered curiously through her bangs at Yesung who was being awfully quiet for once, not ranting on and on about each pictures, commenting on the set, the camera, the wonders of photography and just the right lighting, the harmony of colors, the sharp lines of the uniform, how he'd never feel as much at home as during that very moment the press of his fingers would make a flash erupt etc. Yesung was completely absorbed by the pictures... the dozens of pictures displayed on his computer screen. 

"My, my, Yesung, isn't it way over the top to have taken so many pictures when you were asked to provide only twelve shots in the end ? How many are there ?"

"... About two hundreds ?"

"Gosh, I can't believe it." Her eyes had widened. "Didn't the kid find it really suspicious ?"

"I don't know... He didn't mention anything. I guess he just didn't pay attention."

"Must be dumb."

"Hey ! He looked really stressed, he didn't even notice you were neither a secretary nor a woman."

"Well, it's not his fault." Heechul smiled with pride. "I do think I'm more than ready for my first performance in a real theater next week."

"If I recall right, it's "The Secretary wears prada", isn't it ? Who adapted this again ?"

"Me of course. Well, I intended to offer him a seat but he hasn't come back since last time -"

"Who ? Kyuhyun ?"

"Who is that ? I..." Realization hit him. "Of course not. Why would I invite your crush to my premiere ?!"

"He isn't anyone's crush, Heechul."

"Sure. And birds can fly."

"... Birds can fly, Heechul."

"Dodoes can't." He countered. "And... forget it. Don't give me that look, it's your weirdness getting to me."

"I'd say you've drunk too much Heechul."

"I'm never drunk - these guys sleeping down there are but I sure am not the slightest bit. I made sure not to drink too much so I could keep you company and you'd better be goddamn grateful for that Kim Yesung !"

"Everyone is sleeping ?"

"They are as dead as logs - corpses everywhere on the floor."

"You really shouldn't have started the drinking party at six. Now they are all going to miss the countdown."

"Their fault." Heechul denied the responsibility. "We'll do it without these weaklings."

Silence settled once again in the small room and Heechul just stared at Yesung staring at his computer screen for a while.

 

"Are you just going to look at those pictures everyday ?"

"Yeah."

"And nothing more ?"

"... Yeah." Heechul facepalmed at the seriousness of the answer. His brother could actually do that. 

"Come on, Yesung ! I know that glint in your eyes, I know you're interested. You dared manipulating him in order to take these pictures, of course you won't let it amount to nothing !"

"That was precisely because I knew we wouldn't ever meet again that I... Tried to take the most out of it. And I took it too far, he was sick and all..."

"Way to go, Yesung, I would have done the same." Heechul approved. "Maybe more." His smile was predatory.

"Stop that." Yesung chuckled. "I had an excuse to take photos this one time, but I have none to see him again."

"Who needs excuses ? Just go confess to him, and tell him what you think."

"So according to you I should have just gone 'Hey pretty boy, we haven't known each other for long but we have good chemistry and if it's alright with you, how about we work on getting a bit more intimate' ?"

"... Maybe not." He conceded.

"Thought so."

"That worked for me, but that wouldn't work for you."

Yesung coughed. "Well, I wouldn't say it worked so well. Han Geng has stopped coming to this studio for a while now..."

"I order you to tell me whatever you know, Kim Yesung !"

Just to spite his brother, Yesung turned his back on Heechul and let himself be absorbed by his photos once again thoroughly ignoring the pats and shakes on his arm and it wasn't until Heechul's threatening "Kim ing Yesung" got louder and he turned off the computer screen that Yesung generously deigned to give him some attention, turning a kinda worried and serious look to the other.

"... I didn't want to tell you but... H-He stopped coming because... He's been very... hmm, busy..." Heechul laughed not quite believing it but the sound was still a bit strained.

"Very busy... With - well..." Yesung lowered his voice and gestured for Heechul to come closer.

With Hyuna ? Jiyeon ? Taeyeon ? These es, they were always all over the Chinese teacher, trying to attract his attention although they were married with kids already. He was sure they had only enroled their daughters at the dance school so they could talk to him every week.

"... With his students. For the mid-year dance show, just after Christmas break. He told me he had absolutely zero free time until then." Yesung whispered to his ear.

 

After several minutes of being lovingly strangled by a relieved Heechul, Yesung finally managed to escape from his grip and he panted, coughing a bit from too much laughing.

He delicately grabbed the calendar casted aside, flipping the pages until he was back on the initial page - January - and was greeted by a smiling Kyuhyun to whom he smiled back, earning him a snort from Heechul. Just at this moment, a nearby church striked midnight.

"Happy new year, hyung." Yesung smiled, pecking Heechul lightly on the cheek. The latter sighed.

"The same to you, idiot. May your wishes come true." He glanced very suggestively at the calendar before kissing back his saddened brother.

"I told you, Heechul, I don't have the right to wish for that."

"I can wish for you then."

Tut tut tut.

Yesung took out his phone, prepared for the usual assault of texts for the beginning of the year.

 

1 new message.

"Hey, happy new year, Yesung. I was intending to never speak to you again after you deceived me and TOOK ADVANTAGE of my weakened state to make me do all these ridiculous poses (why am I even talking to you again ?!). Consider yourself lucky you're the only guy I know with whom I can speak of Shinee. I decided to forgive you as my one and only resolution so here you go, best wishes even if I STILL HATE YOU. >:[

PS : Have you seen Colorful ?"

 

Reading above his shoulder, Heechul smiled triumphantly and almost shoved Yesung out of his chair.

"Look at that. That's Heechul's power for you !"

 

 규성 

 

A/N : As you can see, this is inspired by the 12th prompt of the fest : "Fireman!Kyuhyun is on one of those tacky y firemen calendar. Jongwoon is the photographer."

And as you can also remarkably see, there is no . The ideas I got with this prompt were more leaning towards... This and when I noticed, I just gave up because I couldn't start over... ._. So here it is at last, and I deeply apologize to the original prompter for this fail, although the prompt had great potentiality.

I'm really sorry.

I hope it was entertaining nonetheless (I myself had a lot of fun writing that although it took me forever).

I have to confess I don't particularly know Shinee - please don't turn your back on me - and I don't know if they've already disguised themselves as pirates. Seems like they haven't but I'm not sure.

Writing this fic made me remember that I got a SUJU CALENDAR FOR MY BIRTHDAY THREE MONTHS AGO HOW COULD I FORGET O_O (and I suddenly remembered near the end of the fic too although it has been about calendars since the beginning ^^")

Belatedly, Happy new year everyone !