Masquerade ball

Pure luck

Me, the typical prettyboy of the school, everybody loves me and wants to be friends with me but don’t have the chance to.

Of course, there’s gonna be the popular clique in school that I belong in and in this clique there’s gonna be this hyung that you’re either afraid of or in love with. Well, in my case, let’s just say these two opposite terms clashed.

-

Murmurs and stares filled the place just as I stepped into the school ground. Ruffling my black hair, I sighed and started slow walking to my class, hoping that people would stop staring at me.

“Hyukkie!” A loud voice sounded throughout the entire hallway as my ‘umma’, HakYeon-hyung stood with the rest a few centimetres away from me.

I waved at my overly-excited hyung and started making a run for them.

Oh.

There he is.

TaekWoon-hyung.

He’s staring at me…

I blushed immediately and avoided meeting gaze with the scary hyung.

Yes, to me, he’s scary because he hardly talks but yet, he managed to make me fall so hard for him without even trying.

“Did you sleep well, my aegi?” HakYeon-hyung greeted, patting me softly on the head, only to have me frown and swat his hands away.

Was it my imagination that…

TaekWoon-hyung was actually glaring at HakYeon-hyung for a moment there..?

Nah, must’ve been my imagination.

Love does make me think crazy!

“N-hyung!” I whined at the oldest in the group with a pout, stomping y feet childishly.

N is HakYeon-hyung’s nickname and its normally how we address him by.

“Aigoo~” HakYeon-hyung pacified and pinched my cheek making me pout more and hit him softly.

“You guys are kinda annoying now, can we go?” JaeHwan-hyung spit out in his ahjumma tone, swinging his hand around and making an annoyed expression.

HakYeon-hyung laughed before replying, “Okay, let’s go!”

We all walked down the main hallway as usual until the parting of the hallway.

“Bye guys~” HakYeon-hyung and HongBin-hyung waved and walked towards the hallway leading to HakYeon-hyung’s dance class and HongBin-hyung’s photography class.

We all waved back and then Ken-hyung and Ravi-hyung took off towards the other hallway as well, leaving me and TaekWoon-hyung alone.

“So… Shall we go?” I suggested to the quiet man, a little awkward with the tension.

He nodded and started taking off towards the academics hallway, me going into the mathematics room while he goes all the way to the back, to the taekwondo class.

“See you later, hyung.” I bowed and was about to enter the class when TaekWoon-hyung caught me by the arm.

“Yes?” I looked up to him with a questioning look.

“Study hard and don’t fool around…” he lets out, as soft as usual.

I beamed and nodded before turning back and walking into class.

Don’t fool around he say… Do I ever do that?

I settled down on my desk and at that moment, girls came flooding around my desk, this girl in front of me, her s showing as she lay them on the table.

“Hyukkie, do you want some biscuit?”

“Hyukkie, I made lunch for you.”

Then suddenly, a girl latched herself onto my arm, my arm sandwiched in the middle of her s.

Ugh gross.

I tried to pull away with a frown plastered on my face but to no avail.

Just then, someone grabbed the girl by the shoulder, making her look back at him.

“Leave him alone.”

“L-Leo sunbaenim…” the girl called out and quickly left my side, along with the others.

I stared at the girls leaving and breathed a sigh of relief before looking up at TaekWoon-hyung.

“Didn’t I tell you not to fool around?” he said, as if it was a warning to me.

“But I didn’t-“

He grabbed my cheeks forcefully (though it doesn’t hurt) and pulled my head up towards him.

“No excuses.” He glowered and surprisingly,

He smashed his lips right on mine, using a book to cover the view.

Our lips moved together in sync as he bit on my bottom lip, asking for entrance which I quickly allowed.

He slipped his tongue in and began tasting every corner before pulling away.

“Behave.” He warned again and strutted off, his hands in his pockets.

What was that…?

I subconsciously touched my lips while I continued staring at his lingering figure, not even caring about the other’s stares.

Did he just kissed me…?

-

I continued to walk absentmindedly down the busy hallway. It was finally lunchtime but yet hunger just doesn't seem to get to me.

The girls and guys along the way all stared at me, some even bumping into me purposely but to no avail due to the state I'm in.

“... Hyuk? SangHyuk?!”

“Huh?! Uh yes HongBin-hyung?” I lowered my head and blushed, my cheeks tinted bright red from embarrassment which HongBin-hyung just rolled his eyes and ignored.

“Where's TaekWoonie-hyung?”

“TAEKWOON?!” All eyes were on me as I slammed down on the table and stood up in the midst of all the crowd, even HongBin-hyung was alarmed by my reaction. “Uh uhm sorry.”

“Yah what's wrong with you?! You scared the beeshisus out of me seriously!” HongBin-hyung complained and slapped me on the arm right after I settled down, my face once again red from public embarrassment.

“It's... nothing.”

The older male scanned me with skeptical eyes, looking inconvinced and curious.

“Spit it out!” He grabbed me by the neck and pulled me towards him, strangling me in the process.

“Yah hyung! Let go of me! I'm dying!” I hit his arm repeatedly but he just continued, messing up my hair with his other hand.

“HongBin, stop.” a hand rested on HongBin-hyung's shoulder which attracted his attention, letting me free immediately.

“Oh TaekWoonie-hyung!”

“... TaekWOON.”

“Ah it's all the same, TaekWoonie-hyung! You're late!”

TaekWoon-hyung just looked at HongBin then to me, meeting my eyes for a minute or so before walking away, leaving HongBin whining.

I unconsciously lowered my head as I feel myself getting faint and my face getting hotter.

“Yah Han SangHyuk, don't tell me....” HongBin-hyung seemed to have caught something off about me which I don't know what it is as he stared at me with wide and surprised eyes. “You like TaekWoon-hyung?”

I unconsciously blushed and lowered my head, too shy and embarrassed to face the handsome male in front of me.

He maintained the silence for a second or so before chuckling softly. To my surprise, he roughly ruffled my hair, a wide grin on his perfectly-shaped face.

“Aigoo yah~ Our aegi's growing up~ Hyung's so proud of you~”

“Yah HongBinnie-hyung!!” I slapped his hands away in annoyance as I pouted childishly at the mess he made of me.

“I hate you so much hyung.”

“Aw I love you too Hyukkie~”

-

“Hey hey hey!!” JaeHwan-hyung excitedly sat down on the bench beside Ravi-hyung and me, his long hands and legs flailing about dangeously in the small space provided.

“The annual masquerade ball is in five days yoohoo~”

“Oh yes! I almost forgot about it!” HakYeon-hyung clapped and cheered excitedly, gaining judgemental glares from both TaekWoon-hyung and HongBin-hyung who were both beside him.

“Who's attending?” Ravi asked curiously, not really sure whether to attend the ball or not since he wasn't so much of a classical person.

“Me me me me me!!!!” HakYeon-hyung and JaeHwan-hyung cheered excitedly, gaining stares from all around.

“I'm going.” HongBin-hyung announced as he stuff more potato into his mouth.

“Me too.” I waved my hand to catch the hiphop dude's attention since I was sitting the furthest away from him.

“Oh then I guess I'm going.” Ravi-hyung shrugged before all eyes go to the one and only silent lion, TaekWoon-hyung.

“TaekWoonie~ Go with us please~” HakYeon shook the annoyed male's arm beggingly which was replied with silence.

“TaekWoon-hyung~”

“TaekWoonie-hyung~~~~~~~~”

“Hyung~~”

All of them started persuading the chewing male who easily ignored everybody's pleas.

“Uhm, TaekWoon-hyung, go to the ball with us please.” I finally spoke up.

He immediately looked up at me and met my eyes before turning back to his food.

“Mmm.”

“YES!” HakYeon-hyung and JaeHwan-hyung both punched the air in happiness, not even giving a damn about the other students in the cafeteria.

I lowered my head, my cheeks tinted soft pink.

Did he just say yes because I told him to? Is that even possible...?

Just then, HongBin smirked at me playfully from opposite, waggling his eyebrows suggestively while smirking.

I frowned, kicking him under the table to tell him to stop which caused him to yelp softly before glaring at me.

“Serve you right.” I sticked out my tongue at the older male with a grin.

He totally deserved that.

Karma.

-

It was finally the last 2 hours before the masquerade ball.

I smoothened the white dress shirt I was wearing before ing the neck button and wearing over a black vest, buttoning it all up.

“Not bad not bad~”

I grinned at HongBin-hyung who was wearing on dark grey dress shirt accompanied with black suit and black tie, the button of his suit all buttoned up with his tie tucked in neatly.

“You're handsome yourself~”

The both of us laughed before checking one final time.

Pasting over a half-black, half-silver mask, I check myself out in the mirror, glancing at the handsome guy behind me as well.

He looked... How do I say? Perfect?

He chose a gloss black symetrical Venetian mask, his black hair resting just on the border on the mask.

Hell, he looked even better than me to be honest.

“You look good as well, Aegi~”

I laughed at the poor boost of confidence by him as he seemed to have read my mind before.

“Thank you handsome. Let's go then?” We both went out of the house into the cab we called earlier on (a little apologetic that we made the driver wait five minutes).

-

Classical music filled the huge ballroom as unknown people with beautiful masks and wonderful clothes walked about aimlessly, some dancing to the soothing music.

HongBin hooked his arm over my shoulder and sent me a tight smile before we ventured into the crowd, obviously trying our best to identify the rest of the stupid clique.

Walking around, we somehow managed to find the noisy JaeHwan who looked absolutely stunning and the hipster Ravi which we almost missed if not for the fact that he came with JaeHwan.

As we walked on, we saw a man in a black dress shirt complemented with a maroon suit and laced black victorian eye mask dancing with a beautiful lady in black dress and black eyemask.

How do we put it... We just knew it was HakYeon-hyung at first sight for one, the dance moves, two, how he was more flexible and good in dancing than the lady.

It was kinda funny seeing how the lady tries to follow up to HakYeon-hyung's pace.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder as a male in a white dress shirt accompanied by a black vest, a black tie, a black suit and a simple black eyemask. His outfit was simple and mainstream but for some reason, he just looked unexceptionally good unlike others. It brought out something in him that made it different.

“May I ask you for a lap of dance?” he extended his hand politely to me with a faint smile, almost unnoticeable and for some reason, he just seemed so... Un-rejectable.

“Uh uhm sure?” I placed my hand firmly on his to which he held onto and tightened his grip as he led me to the dance floor, placing one of his hand on my hip and another on my shoulder, me doing the same.

We swayed for a little until he decided to close in the gap.

“I love you.”

Huh? I looked at him, confused and a little lost about the situation but he just moved in closer and smashed his lips on mine softly.

My eyes widened immediately as I pushed him away furiously, my eyes wide and my mind in a mess.

“No! Nononononono.... I can't believe it... Only TaekWoon-hyung can do that! I don't even know you!” I blurted out in the confusion and to my surprise, he just kept the silence as it is for a second before chuckling and hugging me around the waist.

“That's wonderful SangHyuk. Now we can be together.”

Suddenly it all dawned on me.

TaekWoon-hyung said he was coming but we hadn't seen him at all ever since arriving. Suddenly this man asked me to dance with him and I just can't seemed to reject him. His hold felt so familiar and his lips were just right. He was the one I love.

He was my TaekWoon-hyung.

Was it on purpose or...

“No. It was pure luck.”

-

I really like TaekWoon's new hairstyle hehehehehe