Tit for tat

You're my priority

“mhfmm Khun…”

Nichkhun’s ear picked up the soft noise and turned to face the man who made it. “Wooyoung…” He breathed with the slightest hope that the sleeping man might wake up. He wanted to remind him of the concert that night and was really unsure as to whether or not he would go because there was a surprise for his fans, a surprise that Wooyoung was not supposed to know but because of his own big mouth, he does.

-

“Wooyoungie~ You’re gonna go for my concert right?” Nichkhun portrayed his best aegyo towards Wooyoung who was concentrating really hard on an online game he had recently been addicted to. “Yeah yeah of course. Wait, is it free?”

Nichkhun rolled his eyes. “Duh, you’re my boyfriend. Listen, my B-O-Y-F-R-I-E-N-D. Would I let you pay?”

“Hmmm, maybe then. Don’t disturb me, go practice your songs raps whatever. Just go practice.” Wooyoung sneaked a smile out of his serious face when he heard those words coming out of Nichkhun’s mouth. Boyfriend… Yeap, I’m liking it.

People might think since they’ve been together for a while now, almost a year, he would get used to Nichkhun calling him that but no. the older man wasn’t one to define his relationships so it was rare to hear just exactly what he meant to him.

“Oh I saw that, you like it don’t you.”

“Like what?”

“Liar.”

Wooyoung stuck his tongue out at Nichkhun with his eyes still fixed on the computer screen, while the other just ruffled his hair, earning an irritated grunt and a shrug-off.

“Come on, its gonna be fun. Water coming out of the stage, beautiful voice by me, Victoria coming to…” Nichkhun bit his tongue, instantly praying hard no one heard what he just let slip. At the name of Victoria, Wooyoung’s hands froze on the keyboard. “Victoria? She’s gonna be there?”

Nichkhun’s hands automatically rose to scratch an invisible itch, as always when he felt awkward. “Uh, yeah. She’ll be my dance partner for one of my songs.”

“Oh, okay.” And that was it. Wooyoung continued his game, this time with no facial expression whatsoever.

-

Yes, because of his stupidity he accidentally spilled that Victoria, his WGM wife was gonna be his dance partner. It wouldn’t be as bad if she was a partner for a fast beat song because well, the song they’ll be dancing to is a ballad, a form of ballroom dancing, maximum physical contact. Wooyoung’s not gonna like that.

“Khun?”

The said man blinked a few times before realizing that Wooyoung had woken up from his deep slumber and was staring at him, staring into space. “Are you alright?”

He slowly nodded his head and felt hesitant to ask the important question. He opened his mouth but no words came out. Wooyoung laughed at the cute, morning side of his lover and was about to leave the bed when the speechless man blurted, “I love you.” Wooyoung was stunned for a moment. Nichkhun… Nichkhun never said that to me before…

In response, he leaned forward, intending to kiss him senseless at that point of time when he was suddenly pushed back.

“Brush your teeth first, you stink.”

“Jerk.”

Wooyoung playfully spat at Nichkhun who just wiggled his eyebrows back. When Nichkhun heard the bathroom door close, he let his thoughts escape. “How how how how. How do I approach him? Its tonight and there’s no way I can drag it any longer. How how how how?!”

 “YESSSSSSSHHHH!” An unmistakable cheer erupted from the bathroom. “What what? What happened?!”

Just then, Wooyoung emerged from the bathroom and walked over to Nichkhun still with his toothbrush in his mouth. “Taechyeon messhaged me and he ish coming with me chu your conshert!” he managed to speak through his toothpaste foam.

Taecyeon was Wooyoung’s best friend since they were young and Nichkhun would be fine with that if only he didn’t know that Taecyeon had a major crush on HIS guy and apparently HIS guy was too innocent to figure that out.

“And you’re happy because…?”

“Well, while you’re on shtage ‘playing with your wife, I can-“ Wooyoung paused to walk back to the bathroom to gurgle before continuing, “I can ‘play’ with Taec.” He wiped his mouth on the towel knowing full well that Nichkhun wasn’t happy with his answer. Both men eyed each other with the same meaning: I will if you do.

“Ugh you win. So I’ll get the free ticket from you now or…”

“Hold on, I’ll get it. What about Taecyeon, does he need one?”

“Oh its okay, he bought one already. Big fan you know.”

Nichkhun smirked at that reply. Yeah right. He just wants to make sure I see him and Wooyoung all over each other.

He hopped off the bed and reached for his bag containing the free tickets. He pulled them out and threw them at Wooyoung. “Here you go, have fun.”

Wooyoung picked up the tickets that fell to the floor, all the while wondering why Nichkhun was suddenly giving him the harsh tone. He felt hurt and even guilty for not even knowing why he was upset. Trying to get rid of this feeling, Wooyoung chirped excitedly, “So, when do you have to go for your rehearsal?”

“I don’t know, like 2 hours before? So at 5 I guess.”

“So… You’re saying you have free time now? It’s 12.”

“Yeap. Why? It feels suspicious…” Nichkhun narrowed his eyes and observed the man before him.

“Now that I brushed my teeth… My kiss?”

Wooyoung climbed on the bed and pulled Nichkhun down on it by the collar. “Yah yah what are you planning.” His voice shook as he panicked, mind racing through the things the both of them could possibly do that includes a kiss. Could it be… Oh…

“God, where do you get your erseness from, Jang Wooyoung! And I can’t I need energy for my concert.”

Nichkhun protested with a whiny voice. For starters, he really needed to conserve his energy for the 3 hour concert later on and to be honest, he felt weird with everything being so rushed. He knew they wouldn’t be able to stop in time for his rehearsal.

 “Aww come on. You know you want me.” The dominating man suddenly pushed the other back, causing himself to lie on top of Nichkhun.

“I said no.”

The cold reply chilled the whole room. Nichkhun slipped out from under Wooyoung’s weight and held out his right hand. ‘Come, I’ll bring you somewhere instead.”

Startled by his reaction, Wooyoung quietly stood up, tidied himself and took Nichkhun’s hand, letting himself to be led to wherever.