Chapter 4

Runaway

Chapter 4

After another hour or so ride, although they took the ferry back so it didn’t feel like it, they finally reached back to Aiba’s flat. They unpacked all the boxes and bags into Noriko’s room and went though and t organised everything so the room was liveable.  Noriko had phoned up her Job and explained the situation to them, effectively quitting her job in the process, So now the group were all sitting in the living room looking though job magazines trying to find a Job for Noriko. Aiba had popped out whilst unpacking to pick up Coco-chan from the Doggy Day car, and now home she had made herself comfortable on Aiba’s lap, sleeping her troubles away.

“Would you consider a bar job? There seem to be plenty going.” Ohno suggested. Noriko shook her head “I’m too clumsy I would be breaking things all the time.” She said with a pout when the others laughed. “Maid Cafe?” Sho Suggested, “It’s already on the list but trying to avoid it if I can cause of the clumsiness again.” She said with a sigh.

“What are you actually qualified for Noriko?” Jun asked, not looking up from the job magazine he was looking through. “I’m a qualified seamstress as you should really know Jun, I also have experience in being a receptionist and a Convini Worker.” She said with a sly look towards her brother for not being able to remember the one thing she had a qualification for and was currently studying at university.  Still not looking up Jun waved his hand above his head in apology “Gomen Gomen, i forgot you’re still working on your degree.” Rolling her eyes Noriko turned back to their magazine at hand.

“Maybe I should just ask Usagi-chan if she has anything going at her workplace.” Ohno looked up from the Job Magazine at the mention of Usagi’s name. Ever since he saw the girl he had been curious about her, but he refused to mention it to Noriko as he knows exactly what she’s like when it comes to him being interested in a girl. “Ano...Nori-chan, what does Kuroshino-san do?” he asked, though when he saw Noriko giggle, he wasn’t sure he wanted an answer. “She’s a Gravure idol.” All the boys had the same wide eyed expression of disbelief on their faces, which made Noriko burst out laughing. Jun was the first to snap out of the expression and then started to stare down his sister “There is no way in hell I’m going to let my imouto become a Gravure idol.” Noriko stopped laughing and rolled her eyes at her brother. “Baka! I don’t have the body to be a Gravure idol. I already went through that job option a while ago. I meant ask her about any assistant jobs to the staff or something like that.” The boys nodded at the explanation, still mildly shocked that Noriko was friends with a gravure idol.

Sho looked up at the clock in the living room and then looked back at the group “Gomen guys, but i need to run. I need to do some cleaning at my apartment, it’s been messy for too long.” Sho announced sheepishly. The group laughed at that. It was just like him to less the mess build up before cleaning. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow for Shudakai-Kun filming,” he then turned to Noriko “and Noriko-chan, I’ll most likely see you sometime through this week, and I’ll keep any eye out for any jobs for you.” Noriko smiled in appreciation “Arigatou Sho-kun, See you when i see you ne?” He nodded and smiled back.

Waving to the group the man let himself out of the door and headed home. Jun, Ohno and Nino stayed for another hour underlining prospective jobs for Noriko, and then headed home too.

When the others left, Aiba went into the kitchen and started making dinner, whilst Noriko texted Usagi  her address and asked about Jobs. A minute later her phone rang “Moshi Moshi.” Noriko answered picking up her phone. “Noriko-chan! Urm... unless you’re still considering becoming a Gravure idol, Then there are no Jobs at the agency at the moment I’m afraid. I can send in a photo of you to my manager if you’re interested in modelling though?” Usagi said down the phone, sounding slightly excited.

Noriko giggled “Usagi-chan, as much as I’m sure you and other people would love to see me in a bikini in y poses, somehow I don’t think its worth one of Jun’s fits. Seriously. Fear the fits.” Noriko replied and even got an added “Hai Kuroshino-Chan Fear the fits!!” from Aiba in the kitchen, making both women laugh.

“Hai Hai Wakarimaa~! Oh by the way Noriko-chan, please be wary... Yukio was listening in on our conversation earlier and seemed to be plotting... so just keep an eye out ‘kay?” Noriko quivered out of slight fear when she heard this “Hai Usagi-chan I’ll keep an eye out. I’ll tell the boys too.” She responded earning a look from Aiba, which she ignored for the time being.

“Ne... Ninomiya-san,  is he the same ‘Kazu-kun’ you told me about?” Noriko sighed. She thought she might figure it out “Hai he is.” “You know... he look like he cares for you. Maybe the thing that happened was a misunderstanding” Noriko put her head back looking up to the ceiling, she really wasn’t ready for this type of conversation yet. “Hai Maybe...” she answered back. Although she had always hoped it was a misunderstanding, she highly doubted it. “Why don’t you ask him about it? Or at the very least, ask one of the guys to ask him about it?” Noriko laughed, a tad bitterly, down the phone “Muri desu. It would just make our relationship worse than it already is, and i really just want to start anew.” She heard Usagi sigh down the phone “Hai Hai, Wakarimaa...” Well i better get going, i need to finish packing before I fall asleep” Noriko giggled. “Hai! Call me once you’ve moved into your new place ne? I’ll come and visit!” Usagi giggled and then let out a yawn “Haaai~! Sayonara!” “Sayonara!” Noriko replied before hanging up the phone.

Aiba called both Noriko and Coco-chan, to come get there dinner. Placing Coco-chan’s food bowl on the floor, Aiba joined Noriko who was already sat on the stools at the counter in the kitchen.  Then they stared to eat there dinner. Whilst eating Aiba brought up what she was talking to Usagi over the phone about. “So... what were you going to tell us about when you were on the phone to Kuroshino-san earlier?” Noriko stopped eating and looked over at Aiba with a nervous look. “She said Yukio seemed to be listening in on the conversation we were having earlier and that he looked like he was plotting something so she told me to be careful .” she said picking up her fork and poking at her dinner. Making Aiba steal a piece of the tonkatsu which was on her plate. Pouting when he did, she stole one back from his plate, making Aiba smile “Don’t dwell on it, ill tell the guys tomorrow, but honestly don’t dwell, it won’t do any good for you.” Aiba said patting Noriko’s head.

Noriko sighed but nodded. “I know Ma-kun, it’s just...” Aiba wrapped an arm around the girl in a half hug “you’re scared.” He finished for her. Feeling her nod against his shoulder, he spoke up again “Don’t worry Noriko-chan, we will always be here to protect you. You can could on that.” Noriko smiled “thanks Ma-kun”.

 

After Dinner was finished, they watched some TV before heading to bed. Before Noriko entered her room though, Aiba called out to her “Ne Noriko-chan? You think you can do me a favour tomorrow morning?” Noriko nodded “Could you drop and pick up Coco-chan off at the doggy day care centre please?” the girl smiled “Sure! That’s fine, right coco-chan?” she asked the puppy who woofed in agreement making the both of them giggle.

 

The next morning Noriko woke up to her alarm around 9, got up, had a quick shower and got dressed. When she walked into the kitchen, she noticed a Aiba had left her a note

Noriko-chan~

Coco-chan’s been fed, so no need to worry about that. And you gotta pick her up any time before 5pm.

Oh Also I forgot to give your own key yesterday evening, so I’ve left it by the side of this letter~

I’ll be home around 10 tonight as I’m going out drinking with some friends.

I’ll see you when i get home!

~Ma-kun

:)

Noriko giggled, picked up the key and put it in her pocket. She then looked down at the puppy who had been nudging her leg for the time she was reading the note. Smiling, she picked the puppy up and ruffled her floppy ears “Are you trying to tell me it time to leave Coco-chan?” the puppy barked happily. Noriko smiled and put her down and walked over to the door to fetch Coco-chan’s lead and her coat. She put her coat on and Coco-chan lead on, then walked to the door, put her shoes on and left the house locking the door behind her and Coco-chan leading the way.

 

When she arrived at the doggy day care, the first thing she noticed was the sign outside the door

HELP WANTED!

No experience needed as training will be provided.

MUST LIKE DOGS!

Please ask for manager inside.

‘YES!’ she thought to herself with a smile. Walking inside with Coco-chan, who she had picked up, she walked over to the desk, to sign in Coco-chan. “Ohayou Gozamasu, I’m here to drop off Coco-chan?” the lady over the counter smiled softly “Ohayou! Hai! Please let me take her and her things into the pens.” The lady said holding out her arms to take Coco-chan, Noriko smiled back and nodded, handing Coco-chan over to the lady. “Be and good girl today Coco-chan and I’ll see you later!” the Puppy turned to her with what could only be described as a doggy grin, which made Noriko giggle.

When the lady came back, she was surprised to see Noriko still standing there, “Ano... is there anything else i can help you with miss?” Noriko Nodded, “Ah Hai! I saw your notice outside for the Help wanted and i was wondering if i could speak to the manager about it.” The girl once again smiled and nodded “Hai! I’ll just get her for you.” She walked through a door just to the side of the counter. And when she came back, she had another older lady with her.

Looking over at Noriko the Woman smiled “Ohayou Gozamasu, i was told you would like to speak to me about the help wanted notice.” Noriko Nodded “Hai! I was wondering just two things really. Firstly Is it a paid job and if so how much is it monthly? And secondly what are the hours?” The manager answered “Hai it is a paid Job and you will get paid weekly, its ¥35,000 a week. And the hours are 7 hours a day, 5 days a week.” Noriko nodded “How do I apply for it?” The Manager smiled and invited her into her office, Which Noriko followed. They had a mini interview and Noriko left her Contact details with the manager who said she would call her up to tell her if she got the job by the end of the day.

Noriko nodded, bowed and thanked the lady before leaving the day care centre and walked back home. As soon as she stepped through the door her phone rang. As she was taking off her shoes she took the phone from her pocket and answered “Moshi Moshi?” Is this Matsumoto Noriko-san?”

Finally managing to get her shoes off one handed, she replied “Hai, Matsumoto Noriko Desu.” “Ah Ohayou Matsumoto-san, This is Mushiyama-san calling for the doggy day care centre. I’m just calling in a follow up to our meeting earlier on and to tell you that you have got the job!” the woman announced over the phone Noriko’s eyes widened, she almost dropped her phone in surprise “EHHH?! Maji Ka yo?!” Mushiyama laughed gently “Hai, what times good for you to start? Tomorrow morning?” Noriko nodded, then realised that Mushiyama was not in front of her and therefore couldn’t see her “Hai that’s fine, what time should i come in, and what is the dress code like?” “if you come in around 10 and i will have someone start training you on how to handle the Inu’s and dress code is informal, though not too informal, i myself would recommend a pair of comfy jeans and a plain t-shirt, that’s what seems to work for most people.” “Hai.” “okay then i shall see you tomorrow at 10am.” “Hai! See you tomorrow, and Arigatou Gozamasu!!!” Noriko said before hanging up the phone.

“YATTA!!!!”  Noriko shouted into the room. She just had to message Aiba and the guys. Well she would have messaged them all, but she only had Ohno, Jun’s and Aiba’s numbers. ‘oh well. There working together today, one of them will tell the others. Though i really must get Sho’s and  Kazu-kun’s numbers just in case of emergency’s’ she then sighed and slapped herself on the forehead, “i swear I’m pathetic, only when I’m talking to myself can i call him Kazu-kun...” she muttered to herself sighing once more “Oh well, I’m not gonna dwell on it.” She said walking over to the fridge to see if there was anything to make for breakfast. She shook her head when she found it almost empty, “time to go shopping.” She said to herself, walking into her bedroom, picking up her purse and popping that into her bag, along with a couple of the re-useable bag she had brought with her from her apartment, she put back on her coat of shoes and left the house once again.

 

End Chapter 4

 

Well that took longer than expected. I got a writers block half way through this so i suppose it couldn’t be helped. Oh and i know the amount that she’s gonna earn might sound a bit much, but when i searched up the minimum wage for Tokyo, i got somewhere in between ¥800 and ¥1500per hour, so i just used ¥1000 per hour as a base lol.

Oh and i have a new idea for a story. I will be posting that up when i actually start it haha. Its gonna be awesome tho(I hope~ lol)! I would post up what my idea was, but i don’t want anyone stealing it before i can write it.... i don’t particularly want anyone stealing AFTER ive written it either lol.

Oh and been listening to troublemaker way too much recently and its now officially stuck in my head, so im sharing :D