001.

Graffiti dust





 

Chapter 001.

The situation was getting out of his hands. It was so close. It was definitely not the first time he had almost been caught. He had thrown his spray cans over the high fence before running away from the crime scene. He tried to catch his breath and leaned to the brick wall behind him. It happened too many times already and it was more than possible that someone would recognize him. He needed to change the region before cops would be knocking on his door. He longed for a change of scenery anyway so it would be easy to pack everything and leave the city behind. He didn't have a lot of stuff and was always willing to move if the atmosphere became too crowded. Moreover if he had a roof over his head, that was enough. He didn't ask much and that's why finding a place to sleep was easy. And one or two nights under the sky wouldn't be that bad. 

He heard couple of shouts quite far away from him so he should be safe now, they couldn't see him from there. It was dark but the stars lightened up the streets with the flickering street lamp. It was perfect night to move around without anyone noticing and do where he was the best. There was no excitement without the darkness that night brought upon him. Everything was much more mysterious and interesting when the lights went down and let him breathe. He felt exhausted when there was too many people around him, so lonely roads and suspiciously quiet places almost yelled after him. He liked living alone and if he would need a company he could take a stray cat. However he didn't know if he was able to take care of it properly. It still didn't mean he hated people or wanted to avoid them, no, he just preferred to spend time with an one or two person at a time. Big groups made him feel suffocated.

Usually he walked from town to town and stopped when he found a place that felt comfortable. He didn't use maps or anything because his mind screamed for aimless life and that was the thing he was looking for. The more he wandered the better he felt. He didn't have many friends and if he had they saw really rarely but he was fine with that. He never even thought of living in one place and staying there his whole life. He always wanted adventures and got bored quickly. At a young age he knew he wouldn't like going to school everyday and that he was not clever enough. Or that's what they said to him when he couldn't stay still and did his own things instead what was ordered. He just simply didn't fit in at school and was unable to obey the rules. The only classes he enjoyed were the art lessons where he was able to do just what he wanted and as fast as he wanted. Jongup was not proud of it but he dropped out of school really early. He ran away from home and wherever he was taken he found a way to escape and he wasn't sure whether they still search him. Maybe that was his another talent, disappearing and escaping, not caring about the outside world. 

Something he cared besides himself was Himchan. He truly missed his best friend at sometimes and it's not the most common feeling for him. Last time he saw his overprotective friend he was visiting at his home town. Himchan was nice to be with even they were completely different kind of persons. His best friend was suprisingly smart (you couldn't always believe that when you talked with him) and a social butterfly. Still Himchan liked being with not so smart Jongup and always kept saying how school just couldn't show or bring Jongup's intelligence to shine. Sometimes he really believed that and hoped his smart friend was right. 

The car's lights swept over him and left him again into calm darkness. Backpack on his shoulder he walked towards highway, that could be seen and heard from the distance because of the bright lighting and rising noises. He followed the edge of the road and walked slowly. He didn't have to hurry anywhere but needed a place where to get food to full his growing hunger. There was always fast food restaurants with an extra small grocery store along the way so it shouldn't be a problem.


It took longer than he thought before he finally saw the signboard of the place where people who had traveled for a long period could eat and rest. There was just couple of cars filling their tanks and he silently walked past a few people outside the building. It looked rather old place but he wasn't the right person to judge. Straightly he went to the small grocery store without giving a single glance for the fast food restaurant next to it and opened his backpack already. He checked how many people there were and acted like he was just watching some products while he shamelessly put food into his backpack. No one ever saw anything or atleast they didn't care. One time old lady had seen what he did but looked away at the moment their eyes met. It was so easy after he got used to it. Of course he knew it was wrong, extremely wrong but how else he could get food without money. 

Innocently he left the store and tried to look normal as possible while his heart beat fast. This was another thing where he searched the missing tension for his life. Did he walk too slowly or did he look suspicious because suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder and stopped immediately and was pretty sure why he was now feeling this shame and guiltiness.

"Hey, did you see the thief who just left the shop?" Jongup heard from the voice that the person was joking and that person knew very well that Jongup was the robber he searched. He sighed deeply and turned around.

He couldn't say anything, he just stood there without single voice explaining how he didn't do it or why he did it. He just stared and hoped he could teleport out of this planet.

This wasn't his day at all.

He was in a bad trouble indeed.


Hi!
So this is the starter chapter..it tells a bit about Jongup's backgrounds (not everything ;D) and I hope my writing is not that terrible what I think it is. When I started I didn't know which one's perspective I wrote but I kinda decided it along the way. Hope you liked even this is too short for my own liking.

I'll check the grammar later, it's so late now and I'm tired. : < Accidentally I even deleted everything I wrote once so it made me angry and that's why especially the ending is too rushed. xD SORRY!

Oh and when we get further in story, should I write from Yongguk's point of view as well? I'm not sure yet.

-blankpaper

//I edited this chapter a bit just after publishing it..I added some things and corrected some mistakes but there can still be some stupid errors. :)