This is War

This is War (One-Shot)
We were in love and i only had her
but why, why did you touch my girl - no way

 

A single tear trailed down a dirtied cheek, cold narrowed eyes stared down the barrel of a gun on the gifting end, and those two that stood, shaking at the receiving end... they deserved it. His heart gave a painful thump and he immediately lashed out as a reflex, gripping his chest until small half moon shapes from his nails dug themselves into the olive toned flesh of his peck. They deserved what they had done to him... They knew that it would hurt. And yet they did it anyway...

I brush myself off and get up
as much as i suffered, you just watch
you mess with love, you mess with friendship - just watch


It was on a night much like this; with the rain falling, the skies dark as night, and flames of a dying explosion playing a part in the mood in the background. The light danced across her face, and he turned his face away, a long enough weakness for the male in front of him to shift and swat the pistol away, hand coming down on the predator's wrist and twisting his arm behind his back. The dark haired male was fast, though - He hurried and whirled around to kick the younger male's legs out from underneath him, sending him onto the muddy clearing floor of the dump outside the warehouse they once took shelter in together. He was his partner - they weren't supposed to steal things from each other, they weren't supposed to hurt one another!

It's war, you coward - just watch
you made her cry again
you coward, you, who messed with my love
it's war


The younger boy slowly picking himself up from the ground, blood gushing from a cut on his swollen lower lip, glared up at the moderately tall male equipped with several different weapons and proper clothing for the cold. He could see his forbidden lover there, shivering in her skimpy dress, and he felt a pang of worry for her - he walked over and draped his coat, though soaked, around her shoulders to shield her from any more rain fall. He allowed the falling tears to drench his shirt, and he shook his hair out from the water weighing it down and sticking it to his face. He needed to watch what he was doing; aim his blows perfectly, so as to take out the man that he called his teacher. He could hear her sobs in the background, and they were fuel to get rid of the cruel creature in front of him.

On the day she left, you pretended not to know and told me to forget it all
i trusted you, you were my friend - how could you do this to me
i will curse you from now on


Curses settled on the tip of his tongue, ready to leap like wild cats and claw the living hell out of the boy in front of him. Thunder - a horrid, yet effective, name. A code name, but a name nonetheless. The only name that the boy had ever given him. But when the boy headed into the battle willingly, the woman that he had loved, given his heart to, and now cursed, called out another name. Another name that made his friend-turned-enemy stop and turn back to her. It was the perfect chance to take the boy out. And even then, when he lifted his pistol, he couldn't pull the trigger. Some part of him was still innocent, and though hurting, didn't want to commit such a heinous crime against the boy that he cared for. Like a brother. Yes, like a brother.

Will you please shut that dirty mouth
i will give back these painful tears to you
engrave this in your ear - i will never leave you alone


He inhaled a shaky breath and closed his eyes, bowing his head. Thunder was about to strike again, glaring at him with such ferocity that it sent a chill up even his own spine. He, who was the strongest. He, who was the fastest. He, who was the wisest. Everything broke then. Everything that was left melted away, and he knew why he was doing this. He lifted the pistol up once again, and his enemy stood in front of his female lover, ready to take a bullet for her to ensure her lifelong safety. A small smile curved the corners of his lips, and he knew that his choice was right.

"I love you, little brother; even if you didn't pick me."

His body fell, and she let out a scream, racing to his side and trying to hoist up his heavy upper body and set it on her lap. She no longer cared if she got wet or dirty, or that she would get a cold kneeling in the freezing mud. She no longer cared that he had, at one time, tried to hurt her. The news of his confession, not toward herself but toward her boyfriend, was enough to send a shock through her system and cause her heart to crack and ache.

Thunder watched from a distance, eyes narrowed and tears threatening to fall, though a frigid barrier formed its way around his heart and over his face.

You probably knew that i would find out sometime
i can't forgive you - from now on -

It's war, you coward - just watch
you made me cry again
you coward, you just watch - you made me cry again
(don't you cry cry cry) I'm crying because of you again
(I said bye.. ) it's all over now
(don't you cry cry cry)
I, who messed with your love - it's war