Stay With Me

Please.. Don't Go

Sehun watched from afar as Luhan and Jongin were at a coffee shop, enjoying their time together, which broke Sehun's heart into pieces. He was currently walking around town and he was about to walk in the shop to get some coffee when he noticed the one that he loved and the one that stole his love were happily talking to each other and doing other stuff that tore Sehun's heart. 

Sehun was debating whether to leave or go inside. He chose the latter and tried not to look back at them. When he got his coffee, he was walking fast towards the door when he heard a certain someone call his name.

"Hey Sehun! If you want, you can come sit with us." Luhan smiled at Sehun when he came walking towards them. Sehun smiled back but didn't look at Jongin. There was an awkward silence when Luhan decided to speak.

"So Sehun, how has your day been so far?" Awful, torture, withseeing you with him. "It's been a lovely day". Sehun forced a smile and asked "how was yours?" 

Luhan smiled and said "well me and Jongin went to many places today and right now we're relaxing so I guess today was the best day ever." He grabbed Jongin's hand and they smiled at each other which made Sehun mentally groan.

"Well I have to go. Have to buy some stuff on the way back home." Sehun got up to leave when Luhan held his wrist. "Oh then I'll walk with you! I have to buy some stuff too." Luhan got up and kissed Jongin goodbye.

"I'll call you later okay." Jongin smiled and Luhan nodded. Sehun just wanted to leave and bang his head on a wall. "Let's go." Luhan and Sehun walked out of the coffee shop and headed straight to the grocery store.

"Um Sehun, are you okay? You seem a bit down." Sehun looked at Luhan. If only you knew. "I'm okay. Just a headache. I've been sleeping late these days so I guess that's why."

"Well if you want you could go home and I'll just buy the stuff for you. I mean you were so pale at the shop and you're turning even paler. Are you sure you're okay?" Please don't make me confess right here. You don't know how frustrating this is. "Yes I am Luhan. Don't worry about it okay. Let's just go."

 

 

 

After they went grocery shopping, Luhan insisted on taking care of Sehun. "Please I mean you're burning up." Sehun sighed and agreed.

 

When they entered Sehun's house, Luhan put their groceries in the kitchen, got a wet towel, and went to attend Sehun. "Lay on the couch and put this towel on your forehead while I'll make some soup." 

Before Luhan got up to go to the kitchen, Sehun grabbed his wrist and smiled. "Thank you for taking care of me." Luhan smiled and sat on the couch while Sehun's hair. "You're welcome. You know I'll always be here for you. We're friends right?"

That question made Sehun's heart break even more. "Yes Luhan, yes we are." Luhan ruffled Sehun's hair before getting up to make soup. 

Sehun was watching tv while laying on the couch, he heard Luhan's phone ring. He got up to grab his phone when he saw who was calling, Jongin. He was going to just leave it there when Luhan came in rushing and got his phone and answered it on his way back to the kitchen.

Sehun rolled his eyes while thinking, Don't you know how much it hurts Luhan? To see the person you love with someone else? From the first day I met you, I thought I had a chance with you. But then Jongin came into your life and took you away from me. Ever since that day, I felt like leaving this world. Because you wouldn't hang around that much with me like you used to. Those good night texts that you would alway send me suddenly stopped. It was like my heart stopped beating. I feel like a flower that waits for the day that the grass around me wilts and I fade away, because I've been getting too much rain instead of seeing my beautiful sunshine like I used to

When he was about to sleep, Luhan came in with a bowl of soup. "Sehun, were you crying? Your eyes are puffy and watery." Sehun bitterly smiled at how oblivious Luhan is and said "no, my eyes are just burning."

Luhan sat down next to Sehun on the couch and said "let me feed you, you're really tired so let me do it." Sehun agreed and Luhan kept saying "ahh's" before giving Sehun a spoonful of soup. Right after he was done, Luhan went to wash the dishes. When he was done, he and Sehun went upstairs to his room.

Sehun laid on his bed while Luhan sat on it. "It's getting late Sehun, get some rest and hopefully tomorrow you'll feel better." Sehun lifted his head up to look at Luhan and said "before I sleep, could you tell me like a bedtime story?" Luhan smiled at Sehun and pinched his cheeks.

"I'm not really good at telling stories." Sehun smiled and said "hmm, why don't I tell you a story?" Luhan agreed while grabbing one of Sehun's stuffed animals, which was a deer, and sitting right back on Sehun's bed. 

"Okay. So there was one rose and a daisy that grew at the same time and they enjoyed the sun and the rain together. In spring, they would see butterflies passing by and other flowers grow. In summer, they would watch the beautiful sun rise and set every day and night. In fall, they would watch the leaves fall down from their trees and fly with the wind. And in winter, the two flowers would lay with each other in the cold because both of them felt so warm being close to each other.

"Then one day, this other flower grew right in between them. This new flower would always be with the daisy while the rose felt lonely. The rose would no longer enjoy the butterflies, the sun, the leaves, and the warmness with the daisy. Now it was the daisy and the flower who enjoyed all those things. The rose wished that the flower never grew because it took their daisy away from them. The daisy wouldn't even acknowledge the rose's presence. The rose felt like they didn't exist for the daisy anymore.

"One day, the sun was shining so bright. Then it rained so hard. And after, there was a beautiful rainbow. The rose didn't feel happy at all because they were looking at their first rainbow alone. And the daisy and the flower were looking at it together, which made the rose sad again. 

"Then the rose made a wish. They wished for the grass around them, only the rose, to wilt so they could just go away from this world. The rose waited and waited and finally the day came. The grass around the rose wilted and they felt they were slowly dying. The daisy noticed this and started to worry. The daisy wanted to reach out for the rose, but it was too late. When the daisy kept on telling the rose to not leave them, the rose said 'but you left me didn't you?' That question surprised the daisy and it said 'I'm sorry.. Please don't leave me.." The rose bitterly smiled at the daisy and said 'Seems like death will love me more than you ever did.' Then the rose started to fade away with the wind, leaving the daisy crying and regretting the whole time they focused on the flower instead of the rose.

"Ever since that day, life was never the same for the daisy. Many days after, the flower faded away too. But to the daisy, what hurt the most was when the rose left. Because their other half had left them. The seasons weren't as beautiful as they were when the rose was beside the daisy."

Luhan didn't noticed that he was tearing up until Sehun finished his story. Luhan wiped away his tears and said "Sehun, I didn't know you were so deep. How did you even think about thy story?"

Sehun looked into Luhan's eyes. "I guess from experience. Or what I feel will happen with them." Luhan furrowed his brows. "What do you mean?" Sehun looked away and put his blanket over himself. "It's nothing. You should be getting home Luhan, it's getting kind of late." Luhan still looked at Sehun. "Are you okay Sehun? Are you heating up again?" 

"No I'm fine. Don't worry. Go home and get some rest okay. Good night." Sehun turned over where his back was facing Luhan. The elder got up and was about to turn the knob, when he noticed that he was still holding Sehun's stuffed deer so tightly around his arm.

"Oh, Sehun, here's your deer back." He walked over to the bed and held his arm out so Sehun could get it back, when he heard a voice mumble "don't worry, keep it. It reminds me of you. You could be twins." Luhan laughed and ruffled Sehun's hair. "Okay, thank you. Have a good night sleep." And he pinched his cheek when Sehun said "can you give me a good night kiss?"

That question surprised Luhan. Guessing from the silence, Luhan wouldn't do it. "Oh ok then. Guess you don't love me right? Good night then." Sehun put his blanket over his head and tried not to scream in anger.

Luhan went up to his bed and sat on it while shaking the big lump. "N-no Sehun! Of course I love you, I mean I just got suprised when out of no where, you asked me that." Sehun took his blanket off of his head and asked "so? It's not like you've never done it before. You'd always give me good night kisses when you used to stay over here in the afternoon. Why do you all of a sudden feel weirded out? Is it because of Jongin? If it is, then don't worry, just leave and pretend this never happened." Sehun turned again so his back would be facing Luhan.

Luhan sighed. He moved closer to Sehun. "Don't be like this Sehun, it's not because of Jongin okay. It's just, I don't know, I was just surprised. And I know I shouldn't be weirded out because of this, I'm sorry. It's just that I haven't done it for a long time so I don't know, it felt weird you asking me now. Sorry if I made you feel bad." 

Luhan moved closer to Sehun's body, leaned over it, and kissed Sehun cheek for so long. Luhan didn't even wanted to let go, which confused him, but he was enjoying the moment. Then after he let go, he looked into Sehun's eyes. 

"I'll always love you, okay." Luhan smiled at Sehun while caressing his cheeks. But you'll never love me the way I love you, thought Sehun. Sehun forced a smile and said "Me too." Luhan touched his forehead and said "oh well you don't have fever anymore so that's good. Are you hurt anywhere else?" My heart. "No, I'm fine, thank you for taking care of me." 

Luhan got up to leave when Sehun said "forgetting something?" Luhan turned back and saw Sehun holding the stuffed deer. "Oh! Sorry." Luhan laughed and took it from Sehun's hand. "I'll take good care of it." Sehun turned to look at Luhan. "You better. Good night" Luhan smiled. "Good night."

 

 

 

Every single day, Sehun would bump into Luhan and Jongin, even though he didn't want to, he always would. He would see them holding hands, or Jongin putting his arm over Luhan. Sometimes Luhan would invite him to his house but that meant Jongin would come along and he really didn't like the idea.

Day after day, Sehun would just stay at home and only left his house if he actually needed something. Luhan would call or text him once in a while to make sure he was okay and sometimes he would come over.

One day, Luhan told him he would be going to Sehun's house to hang out for a while. But when he arrived, he didn't expect to see Jongin.

"Hey Sehun!" Luhan walked in with Jongin. Luhan went to the living room while Jongin looked around, amazed. Luhan saw Jongin standing there and said "see, I told you his house was nice right?" Jongin agreed and went to sit next to Luhan, who was watching tv.

Sehun just wanted to lock himself in his room and just stay there for the rest of the day. He awkwardly sat at the other couch while he was trying his best to ignore them. 

Luhan sensed the awkward silence and said "um, are you guys hungry? I could go buy something if you guys want to." Sehun was about to deny because he didn't want to be alone with Jongin when Jongin said "um I guess we could eat chicken. You want Sehun?" 

Sehun just looked at him while he mumbled "I guess." Luhan smiled at them and said "okay then. So I'll buy the chicken, be right back." 

When Luhan got up to leave, Sehun rushed to his side. "Are you sure you want to go alone? I mean we could go with you if you want to." Please say yes. I don't want to be with him. Please Luhan. "No don't worry! I'll be back soon okay. Plus you two could talk and learn about each other I mean you guys barely talk so now's the time to get to know each other." 

Sehun mentally groaned and forced a smile. "Okay. Well we'll be waiting here." And Luhan walked up to the door and left.

Sehun walked back to sit on the couch and tried his best not to talk to Jongin. Minutes passed and Jongin said "so Sehun, you have a nice place." You just had to talk. "Thank you" said Sehun with a forced smile. I've been forcing smiles ever since you came into my life.

"So.. How are you?" With you here, I just want to die. "I'm fine thanks. And you?" "Just tired, it's been a really long day." "Yeah I'm tired too." Tired of you. Jongin looked at Sehun. "Do you have a job, if you don't mind me asking." Yes I do mind. "Oh no, I used to work at this restaurant but now I have a part time job at this flower shop nearby. Do you have a job?" Why did I even ask? I couldn't care less. "I used to work at this bar but I decided to quit because this night, things got out of hand with these two drunk customers. So I decided not to work there anymore. But I'm glad I did, because that's how I met Luhan. The day I quit, I was walking home and I met him when he was looking around, lost. I showed him the way, and that's how my love for him started."

You shouldn't have quit. You shouldn't have walked home. You shouldn't have met Luhan. You shouldn't have started loving him. You shouldn't have gone out with him. You shouldn't have taken him away from me. You shouldn't have ruined my life. "Oh, that's lovely." Sehun turned his attention back to the television and prayed for Luhan to come as soon as he can.

Minutes later, Luhan came in with a bag filled with a box of fried chicken and sides. "I'm here!" Thank you for coming before I strangled him.

Luhan put the food on the table. "So did you guys get to know each other?" Jongin smiled at Sehun before taking a seat next to Luhan. "Yeah. Look's like we're closer now right?" Yeah right. Sehun smiled back at Jongin while taking a seat across from Luhan. "Yes we are definitely closer."

"You see! I told you guys. Now let's eat!" They grabbed their food and then Jongin asked "how did you two meet?" Sehun and Luhan were looking at each other to decide who would tell the story, but Luhan saw Sehun take another bite of his chicken, so he decided to tell it.

"Hmm I think it was on Monday. It was seventh period. Sehun sat at the right side of the room while I sat on the left side. We had this project coming up and my teacher assigned our partners for the project. He left the list on the corner of his desk and when the bell rang, students got up to look at the list. Some were excited while others were pissed. 

"I went up to see who my partner was and right next to my name, it said 'Oh Sehun'. I looked at him and noticed that he was putting his books in his bag. Then he walked over by where I was standing to look at the list and then he noticed that I was his partner. At first, it was really awkward because we never talked to each other before. But then we finished the project, and we became the best of friends.

"We even realized that we had two other classes together. We would go to each other's houses, have sleepovers, I met his parents and he met mine. We were inseparable. I love him so much and I'm glad I met him because he's the most loving friend I could ever ask for." Luhan smiled at Sehun and Sehun didn't know if he should be touched because Luhan even remembered the actual day that they met, or to feel crushed because that's all that he'll ever be to Luhan, a friend.

Jongin smiled at them, though Sehun thinks it's a forced one, and said "you guys have a really sweet relationship. No wonder Luhan talks about you all the time." Sehun felt his cheeks turning red and smiled. This is the first thing that you've said that actually made me smile.

"I mean he's a really great person. He really is." Luhan pinched Sehun's cheeks, and Sehun saw Jongin trying to keep his smile. "Well, it's getting late and I have to go" said Jongin while standing up. Luhan stood up too. "Oh, I'll walk with you."

Sehun frowned. He wanted to stay alone with Luhan. He went to say his goodbyes to Jongin and Luhan. Well, only Luhan. When he was about to close the door, he saw Jongin and Luhan holding hands, smiling at each other. He sighed and slammed the door furiously. 

Sehun went upstairs to his room and tried to sleep, but he couldn't. All he could think of was his conversation with Jongin. But I'm glad I did, because that's how I met Luhan. The day I quit, I was walking home and I met him when he was looking around, lost. I showed him the way, and that's how my love for him started.

 

 

 

Weeks passed ever since that day Sehun got to "know more" about Jongin.

One day, it was snowing so hard and the weather was so cold. Sehun was washing his dishes while listening to music out loud on his phone. He was getting lost in the song when he heard his door being knocked. He wondered who would be out in this kind of weather. When he opened the door, he saw a teary, red eyed, sobbing Luhan. He widened his eyes and pulled Luhan inside. He didn't know if Luhan was trembling because of the weather or because he was crying.

"Luhan, what happened?!" Luhan wiped away his tears and said "J-Jongin, he left me." Sehun pulled him into a hug and moved their bodies back and forth. When they pulled away, they both went into the living room to sit in the couch. After that, Luhan put his head on Sehun's shoulder, which made Sehun's stomach release the butterflies.

"If you don't want to tell me, you don't have to okay. I'm not going to force you to." Luhan looked at Sehun and smiled. "No it's okay. If I keep my feelings bottled up. I'll explode." Luhan moved so he could put his head on Sehun's lap and his legs on the couch, which made Sehun's heart beat even faster.

"I don't know why, but things haven't been well between us ever since a few weeks ago. He wouldn't hold my hand, he wouldn't kiss me, and he wouldn't call or text me like he used to before. And today, he called me and said he wanted to meet up by the water fountain at the park, which confused me because of the weather, but I went anyway. When I looked at him, he didn't have that loving look in his eyes anymore. I got scared and his exact words were and I quote 'Luhan, things haven't been the same, and I think you've noticed that too. I don't know, it's just that my love for you started to fade away. I think what's best for us is that we separate. I don't want to hurt you.' And I told him he already did and ran away and came here because you told me that you would always be there for me at times like this and I'm really thankful for that. I just want to forget that stupid bastard."

Sehun his hair and said "I'll always be there for you Luhan. Always, I promise." Luhan smiled and pulled Sehun into a hug. When they pulled away slowly, their faces were close to each other, which made both of their faces turn different shades of red. Sehun thought, I'm falling in love all over again. But I don't regret one last bit. Luhan thought, Why am I feeling the same way when I first met Jongin? But this time, this feeling's much stronger than before. And something that surprised both of them happened.

 

 

 

Luhan lifted his head to kiss those soft, precious lips of the one and only, Sehun.