Chapter 1

Danger

I stared at the ceiling  as my body spreaded out on the bed. I closed my eyes and had a moment of silence to myself. 

 

 

"You're so boring, you've been laying down on your bed for 20 minutes," complained L, my new bodyguard for a week. My dad left to go on a businesss trip and he didn't think I could take care of myself for a week in this big house. In my opinion, I think that's ridiculous because I never go outside in the cold, dark, world. My opinion on people has changed after seeing how ugly society is and I refuse to go outside during the day time.

 

 

I let out a big sigh and proped up on my elbows, "Stop complaining, it's only been 20 minutes." Thinking about my awkward and uncomfortable position, I sat criss-cross-apple-sauce and said, "I'm actually a really fun person if you get to know me." I said as I ate a chip. 

 

 

"I highly doubt that. I bet you stare at yourself in the mirror all the time and brush your hair for hours and hours and-" I scoffed, "I don't do that actually, I have friends, I invite them over, they spend the night, we have fun." I said nonchalantly.

 

 

L sat up in his chair and folded his arms and turned his head to the side. "Oh really? Like who?" he asked.

 

"Kai."

"Kai?"

"Yes, Kai."

 

He raised a brow, "Oh, he's a boy? He doesn't count if he's your cousin and spends the night here." he said with a chuckle.

 

I shook my head and pointed my finger up, "False, he's not my cousin."

 

"Boyfriend?" he asked.

 

Beep. Beep.

 

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and saw (1:NEW MESSAGE)

 

"Who is it?" he asked as he leaned forward in his chair.

 

"No one." I replied as I opened the message. It replied:

 

Kai: Hey Babe! ( ˘ ³˘)❤

 

immediately answered with my fast thumbs.

 

Me: I miss youuuu (∩˃o˂∩)♡

 

Kai and I have been dating for about 1 year now. I had met him when my dad threw this big party at our house and his employees and employee's families were aloud to come. I remember walking down the stairs and we both locked our eyes on each other for what it seemed, eternity. Then we started talking a lot during the party and exchanged numbers afterwards. We just started talking a lot and ever since that party, I've been really happy happy with Kai. 

 

I bit my lip, waiting for his answer.

 

 

"I'm pretty sure it's somebody," said a voice that gave me chills down my spine, I stood up immediately and turned around to see L sitting on my bed. He frowned, "What's wrong?"

 

"Why are you sitting on my bed? Shoo! Shoo!" I said as I pushed him off.

 

He sighed in annoyance, "you really are no fun." He stood up, "I'm gonna go watch some T.V while you text, whoever you're texting." With that, I stared at him, waiting for him to leave. He stared back at me, waiting for a response. I shoo-ed him away with my hand and he then left. 

 

I turned around, my back facing against the wall and called Kai, "Kai! Do you want to spend the night? I got a new bodyguard and he's really creepy. I have to spend time with him for a week and I don't want to. Trust me, he gives a werid, creepy, vibe when you meet him." I said.

 

"Bodyguard? I'm coming over right away." he said as he hung up.

 

L came in bursting through the door with killer eyes, "No one is coming in the building. I'm going to protect you."