Chapter One

Written in the Stars
Do you believe that everything is connected? Well, I do, I believe that everything is connected for a reason. Just like a seed of a tree, it was meant to be planted and to grow for without it, we won't have any oxygen or a pencil and a paper to write and draw. Do you see how it's connected?
 
Just like hearts; I believe that only two hearts are bound to love and connect. Dear, before we were born, it was bound by the stars that the two of us would meet and love each other. Within the stars is our story; our own story.
 
"Waaaaaaah! Waaaah!" Within the doors of the emergency room, you could hear a baby crying; a baby's first cry for the baby was born to this world.
 
"Dad, do you hear the new-born baby crying?" A petite little boy is tudging on his father and asked an obvious question. His father replied with a smile and a small nod.
 
"Yes, I hear it. Another joy has been brought to this world, son." He warmly said as he carried his son. They aren't related to the baby who was just born to this world—it's just that his son is a curious little boy and always asks questions.
 
"Kim Myungsoo!" A nurse called out for the boy with a list on her hand. The father and the boy stood up and walked to the nurse with the list. The nurse gave a cheerful smile at the little boy and asked him a question.
 
"Are you nervous to see the doctor?" He nodded at her and his father chuckled at him.
"The doctor is not going to hurt you, Myungsoo-ah. He is just going to check your teeth. Are you brushing your teeth?" The nurse asked the little boy and the little boy nodded at her question.
 
"Very well then, come inside. The doctor is gonna check you up." The duo went inside the room and the nurse followed after she closed the door. As what the doctor always do, the doctor checked him up and he did just fine.
 
"Your teeth are in excellent condition, little guy. Just continue to brush it three times a day, okay?" The doctor gave him a treat and the father and the son thanked them. They headed for outside and the father praised his son.
"You did a good job, son. You were very brave as expected. Well, that is my son." The little boy smiled and gave him a thumbs up. 
 
"I wonder what will happen to the new-born baby in the future. I wonder how the baby will do." His son said out of the blue while they head to the parking lot. A soft smile is evident on his face. He held on to his little son's small hand and said,
 
"No one knows what will happen to the baby, son. No one knows what holds in her future except for the stars—for the baby's fate was already written in the stars." He stated and carried him to the back seat of the car and put on his seatbelt.
 
"What do you mean, daddy? I don't get it." He asked his father with a puzzled look on his face; it was evident.
He chuckled at his son softly. He is sure his son would be smart when he grow up.
 
"I'll simplify it for you, okay? They say that before babies were born, the stars beneath us has wrote what their life will be after they were born. Just like you, my son, before you were even born or conceived, your life was already pre-determined by the stars. Your life is already written in the stars and of course, your future." He said with hope that his son would get what he is trying to say. 
 
"So, are you also saying that even your life was already written in the stars? Just like how you met mommy and how you got me—it was all pre-determined by the stars?" He asked with such amazement, and I nodded.
 
"Right, just like how daddy and mommy met. Soon, when you grow old, you'd find your match that was also written in the stars. Your future match's life was also written in the stars; she was fated to meet you sooner or later." He said and he pat his son's head.
 
"I can't wait to see her." The father smiled at his son's statement.
"If it's not later, maybe you had met your match. Maybe your match is one of your classmates or the baby that was just born awhile ago!" This statement has caused his son amazement, again.
 
"Life is full of mysteries." The little boy's statement made his father smile; his son is too smart for his young age.
"Just who am I fated to? Who is the girl that is written in the stars for me?"  An unanswered question filled him.
 
*
Thirteen years has passed since that day, and boy, how much he had grown up! He is not the petite little boy, anymore. Instead, he grew up into a handsome man. Many years has passed, he met people and he wondered if any of his acquaintances is the one who is written by the stars for him—he wondered if any of the ladies are destined to be with him, but it seemed like he haven't met her. But what if the lady he has been waiting for has brushed his shoulders and walked past him? Or what if he did met or heard of her once before?
 
He heaved a deep sigh; the answer to his question is literally like a blank. No answers and no clues—how must he supposed to know who is written by the stars for him? How would he know who is the right one?
 
"Excuse me, could I ask a quick question?" Someone spoke to him, yet he didn't took noticed for he thinks the person is talking to someone.
 
"Hey?" Someone tapped his back lightly and it caused him to turn around. He gasped silently to himself. His mouth is wide open and could almost reach the floor and he cursed himself for that. He closed his mouth with such a force; it was embarrassing. He is so embarrassed to look like a fool in front of such a beautiful lady. The lady in front of him is wearing the same uniform as him. Her hair flowed perfectly on her back to her waist; he thought her hair is dreamy. She has the hair that every females would die to have it—long, shiny, wavy hair, what more could you ask for? Her big round eyes framed her small face as well as her pointy nose—it was perfect and all.
 
My eyes carelessly and freely traveled down to her lips; plump and reddish. Her lips are tempting, it is kissable. I looked away and turned red. What a perfect lady.
 
"So, what is your answer?" She asked him with a sweet smile on her face. He turned pale and he wanted to curse; he was not listening to her! She asked him a question, yet he got lost into her.
 
"S-sorry, w-what i-is y-your q-question? I didn't q-quite get it." I sheepishly smiled and rubbed my nape; it was a lie. In fact, I was not paying attention to her question and I didn't get everything she said—well, except for the last part.
 
"Oh, I was asking for the direction to Seoul Academy since I just transferred here and I don't know where to go, foolish me." She chuckled.
 
"I go to that school." And again, I wanted to curse myself for saying such an obvious statement. But I was just too excited and happy when she asked me where to go. A part of me is happy of her transferring to our school and I don't know why.
 
"Well, you could come with me to school, I could show you were to go and school is just around the corner."  I said and she nodded calmly to me.
 
"Thank you, then. I figured you're the right one to ask since I've noticed we wear the same uniform." She said as she took a walk by my side. I smiled to myself.
 
"Yeah, since you're the right one for me either." I mumbled carelessly to myself.
"Huh? Are you saying something?" She asked me as I lead her the way to the school.
 
"No, nothing. By the way, what is your name?" I asked, changing the subject.
 
"Seo Joohyun is the name, but you could call me Seohyun for short." She said with a smile on her face.
 
"Seohyun, what a beautiful name. My name is Kim Myungsoo, but my friends call me L. You could either call me Myungsoo or L." I said and shook hands with her. 
 
"I'm a freshman, by the way." She said calmly and that took me by surprise. She looks refreshing, yet matured and beautiful. I shrugged off the frown that was lit on my face; if you'd ask my why'd I frowned, it's because I'm already in my senior year, and it's disappointing since this is the only school year I got with her.
 
"Senior here." I replied shortly. I heaved a sigh, it's really disappointing. And after a few more steps, we could see Seoul High just around the corners unfortunately. Why does time went by so fast when I'm with her? It's really disappointing and frustrating. But a ligh bulb lit up above my head and it made me grin.
 
"If I am a senior, and you're a freshman it means I am older than you and you'd have to call me oppa." My smile went to my ears andI just couldn't hide the happiness; it feels nice to have someone beautiful call you that, it makes your heart jittery.
 
"Wouldn't it be better to call you, sunbae-nim and I am your hoobae?" I pouted for a second. I really want her to call me "oppa". I heard her giggle.
 
"Alright, I'll call you 'oppa'. Myungsoo oppa." She smiled at me which made my stomach tied into knots.
 
*(Oppa is a term used when a male is older than a female; this term is only used by a female alone. Sunbae is a term used when someone (female or male) has a lot of experiences than you in either school or work. Hoobae is a term used when someone (female or male) has less experiences than you in school or work. The suffix at the end: "nim" is used to show more respect for them.)*
 
"It sounds better, don't you think?" She nodded in agreement and we made our way to our school even though it saddens me. Fortunately, there were still a lot of time left, so I toured her around the campus and we went to get her schedule together. She easily got the hang of it, what a smart lady. I bought her a sweet potato for a little cheer and brought her to her first subject.
 
"Bye, Seohyun. I'll wait for you outside your last subject so we could go to lunch together." She thanked me and bid goodbye to me.
 
"A kiss would be enough for a thank-you gift to me." I mumured to myself carelessly and I cursed on my mind. I went to my perspective room which is just three rooms away from her room. I didn't noticed that a genuine grin was plastered on my face the whole time which made six boys from my class turn their heads to me.
 
"Hey, this is the first time I had ever seen L with such a smile." A high-pitched guy whispered in which I could hear—seriously speaking, do they even call that whispering? I rolled my eyes secretly, but nonetheless, a sincere smile is still evident on my face.
 
"I know right? We had been classmates with him since we were in elementary, yet this is the first time!" A girly-looking stated and pointed at me. They haven't noticed I am listening to them the whole time.
 
"What? What are you guys talking about? Who? Where? What? I'm clueless, seriously." A small-eyed male asked them. I don't know if it is really small or he has his eyes closed all the time. A normal hip hop-looking guy slapped him lightly on the head.
 
"Open your eyes, you stupid hyung." The girly-looking diva told him with such anger, and I chuckled silently to myself. It caused an eruption of laughter from a dinosaur-like member. His laugh is way more funnier and you'd just laugh because of his laugh.
 
"Shush. Do you know that he could hear you? Do you even call that whispering? But yeah, I agree. We had been eyeing him since elementary days, yet he showed no signs of happiness or emotions." A handsome-looking male but a playboy commented.
 
I slammed the table with my fist and turned to them.
"D-do you guys h-have f-feelings for m-me?" I pointed to myself and they bursted into laughter. Their laughters caused me utter confusion.
 
"No! What made you think that? Pfff!" The hip hop-looking guy erupted into another fit of laughter.
"W-well you guys told that you had been eyeing me since we were in elementary. It's so creepy, but I'm deeply sorry for I could not return your feelings." I seriously said to them.
 
Again, they erupted into louder laughter. I heaved a deep sigh.
"Y-you... Y-you... Pft!" The dinosaur-like didn't finished his sentence.
 
"Did you seriously think we, six of us, have feelings for you? Oh come on, I think you already know that I am a well-known player in this school right? It's impossible for me to like you." The player commented and it did made sense. I mentally killed myself on my mind—how could I forget the fact that he is a player?
 
"We had been wanting you to join our team; you would be perfect for our team. We noticed you seemed to be distant around our classmates and others, and we thought maybe you had problems and we wanted to help you. However, due to the fact that we are cowards to approach you because of your scary and cold face." The small-eyed member stated and it caused me to raise an eyebrow. Do I look scary and old? Moreover, do I look like one to Seohyun? I frowned at the thought.
 
"Why'd you want me to be part of your team?" I asked curiously.
"We thought you'd be fun to hangout with—we thought that maybe, just maybe, behind those scary and old exterior, there is a fun and kind L. We don't want to judge like the others do, so yeah." The small-eyed answered straightly.
 
"Alright, I'll be part of your group. What is the name of the group anyways?" I asked and I saw a hint of happiness spread around their faces.
 
"Infinite." The girly-looking stated shortly with joy evident on his voice. Just when I thought they are good-for-nothing guys and people who always fool around; they are not that bad as I thought. I judged too quickly, my mistake.
 
"So, you have to sit with us on lunch!" The guys happily said in chorus.
"That would be fun, but I have someone to sit to in lunch. Sorry." I apologized half-heartedly.
 
"Someone special? I bet that person is the one who made you smile." The playboy named Woohyun said.
I shook my head dissaprovingly.
 
"Oh yeah. Then, go get that special girl and look for us in the cafeteria. Invite her, okay?" Sunggyu said happily.
 
*
The teacher came in the class and it made the class hurry to their desks. I smiled genuinely to myself; throughout his life, he thought his life would always follow a cycle—sleep, eat, go to sleep and talk to some friends. But he knew that the moment Seohyun entered his life, he knew to himself that his life changed. He knew that Seohyun was also written by the stars as well as the group of friends he had just got to know.
 
Happiness is an emotion he is feeling right now; it feels great to know that your boring life would change from this day on. He knew that.