Chapter 1

Beyond The Line

"Why are you so keen on following me?" Eris asked out of frustration.

"Until I fulfill my wish" he smugly answered.

Eris sighed and tried to calm her irritation towards the man named Kim Jongin who preferred to be called Kai. She continously travelled, never staying in a place for long with only a bag full of necessities and obscene amount of cash. During one of her travels, she met Kai. It was a short brief meeting when she was fighting some thugs for threatening her. At that time, he only smiled at her and left her to fend for herself. It wasn't difficult for her nor did she expect any help from him. Later that evening, she met Kai again in a cafe where he never left her alone and ended up following her, hiding his true intentions.

"Why can't you fulfill your wish with someone else?!" Eris screamed back at him. She didn't like his vibe. It reminded her too much of that person.

"That is because you're the one who is destined to fulfill my wish" Kai smiled.

The reply had only irked Eris more. No matter how serious he claimed he was, she always felt that he followed her because he didn't have anything else to do. Eris's pride didn't let her give up on getting rid of Kai. It was true that she missed the warmth of another person, envied those who lived without a care in the world and her wrath was constantly ignited by Kai's presence.

"I don't understand why are you so fixated on me! You will gain nothing by staying next to me. It is a pain in the ."

"Let's just say, you fired up my curiosity. I just want to see what lies behind the fog."

Eris didn't like this. There wasn't anything behind the fog anymore. She knew that her past self was no more and no one can find it.

"There isn't anything behind the fog. Not anymore" she said the last part quietly. "All your efforts will go in vain for searching for something that no longer exists."

"If that is so, then why didn't you kill those men?" Kai referred to the first time they had met, the time when Eris was fighting the thugs who not only tried to threaten her but also molest her. "I could see the lust for blood in you but you left them with few broken bones. You could have easily killed them without being caught since you were in a ally which was practically isolated. You wouldn't have done that unless there was something that was stopping you from commiting a sin."

Eris froze. Kai had hit right on the spot. He can't possibly know! Why did he see it?! How could he say it so easily?! She didn't like this. Everytime they conversed, he would say things that she didn't want to hear. It was true that she wanted to kill them but her past kept on blocking her way.

Eris regained her composure and faced towards the window. She ignored him throughout the bus ride and slowly fell into deep slumber only to revisit the bottom of the ocean, drowning.


 

This is just a small inrtoduction of the characters... :)

Enjoy! :D