songfic - oneshot

I shall believe

I SHALL BELIEVE

Seems like every time I try to make it right it all comes down on me

Please say honestly you won’t give up on me and I shall believe.

 

 

There are times in our lives when we feel like the most insignificant thing on the universe. We feel like we shouldn’t have been created, that we shouldn’t exist, that we should disappear.

Gina was tired of all of that. She had never been good at comforting people but this time she had to. She would have to be brave and very convincing.

 

“You know what? You’re special too!.”, she said, almost yelling, a confident smile as bright as the day that had just started on her face.

“You so intelligent! You can solve problems in a minute if you do it seriously!,” she put on her isn’t-that-obvious face as she spoke.

“And look at you! I myself would totally fall in love with you, I would!”, she blushed as she confessed.

 

But then her smile became sad and it was slowly fading away. Gina was so upset with this whole situation…

“Sometimes you get very upset, don’t you?”, she threw herself sit on her bed, hugging a pillow.

“But you can’t let this things put you down. I mean, of course you may not be happy all the time but at least don’t be so depressed. Go out and do things that you like, specially today that there is a beautiful blue sky outside waiting for you.”, Gina sounded determined. Her words were strong and her tone was a mix of fun and seriousness.

 

Silence. She was starting to regret her monologue.

 

“I am so tired of all of this...”,she sighed and pouted.

“You DO deserve good things.”, she was just opening her heart, putting all her thoughts out.

“You are an amazing person and I believe in you, in your potential.”, she smiled tenderly.
“I believe you can be happy and want it to happen. I won’t let people put you down so… so just…”, she paused, her eyes tearing for the meaning of those words.

Just don’t give up on yourself.”, she touched the mirror and closed her eyes, trying to convince herself she was right.