The Both of Us

What They Want

The Hooded Guy’s POV

“I’m going.” I muttered under my breath even though I know that no one will respond, ever. Locking the door I wiped the tear that dropped on my cheek.

 

Summer ended and classes started again but still the heat that the hot season left was still here and scorching. And today might be even the hottest. I walked my way to the gate and noticed that there are numerous letters inside the mail box.

 

It was asking for payments. Electricity bill, water, taxes...

 

Why I am not surprised?

 

I sighed and put the bills inside my bag. I need to find another part time job.

 

Sweat started to form on my forehead as I felt the dry air. It was ridiculously hot today and here I am desperately clutching on my damn thick hoodie.  As if I have a choice.

 

I’m Park Sanghyun, a very poor student managing to live with the help of my countless part time jobs. Am I attractive? Damn no. Ugly? Hmm you can say it like that... Do I have a good life? No. Caring parents? Pffft hell no...

 

As of now I live with a drunkard father and a b*tch of a step mother who doesn’t do anything but to laze around, gamble and do nothing at all. So what do I do to make a living? Bury myself with part time jobs.

 

 Yeah this is my life. Am I happy? Didn’t you just read what I said earlier? Yes I’m happy >sarcasm<.

 

But oh, there’s one thing that I’m a bit happy about. They are almost never home...and I wished that they’d be gone forever. But I know that this is impossible, we live in the same roof so at least there would be a time that they would come back. And every day I dreaded for it to happen.

 

They always come home, drunk and wasted and... well, physically hurt me. And they won’t stop until they beat me up to their satisfaction before they go to their room and pleasure themselves.

 

That’s the reason of me wearing a hoodie in this heat. I don’t want someone to see all my bruises all over my body. And last night that they went home was one of their worst drunken states. They beat me up good that it still hurts even now. It’s a good thing that my face wasn’t hit or I’ll be a laughing stock at school again.

 

Whatever... I’m a clown for them every day anyway.

 

If I must say, I’m an outcast at school. No one would ever want to approach some weird creepy guy with a hoodie that is always on. Plus, I’m always being bullied by everyone. Putting tam tax on my shoes, throwing a rotten food inside my bag, putting death threat letters on my locker...

 

That’s my everyday life, being beaten at home and bullied at school.

 

My life .

 

A hell on earth, and I’m all alone to face it.

 

But I’m used to it, it’s no big deal. Besides I’m much more comfortable being alone, no friends and no one beside me at all. It’s much better this way. I won’t let anyone in. I don’t want someone to interfere with my life let alone a stranger.

 

It’s much better this way.

 

And right now as a senior student in Jang Seong high school, I’m studying hard to get a scholarship in Seoul University, get a job there, leave this town and never come back for good. That’s my goal. So, having friends will just be a bother.

 

Riiiiiinnnnnnggggggg!

 

Sh*t! How long have I been day dreaming!? I didn’t even notice that I was already inside the gates of the school and the bell rang already. I’m late!

 

 I ran and ran when someone grabbed me and pulled me down to the floor. “Move you ing hooded brat!”

 

“Ouch... that hurts...” I glared at his leaving back. What is wrong with him!?

 

Now I’m double late. Sh*t.

 

The one who pulled me? The most popular guy in school and my worst enemy. The bully of my life, who makes my life harder than it already was.

 

Yang Seungho people, mother ing Yang Seungho...

 

He is the school’s kingka. Handsome, charismatic, talented, and rich, that’s what the students here say but I don’t care. I must agree that he’s rich and talented because he really is damn rich and talented but at the handsome, charismatic part? Nah I don’t think so, all jerks like him are unattractive to me.

 

Everyone adores him even though he is an . He really annoys me, but what irritated me more is he is always rank first in our batch, perfect grades and he is not even bringing books in school, only his pencil and a note pad. Why do I know? I’m not a stalker I just kind of noticed it because he is my freaking classmate and I’m always ranked lower than him. Second place every time.

 

It is so unfair. He has it all while I have nothing.

 

That’s why besides bullying me, I despise everything about him and his perfect living. I despise it so much.

 

The envy I am feeling is eating me up.

 

He has everything that I want.

 

 His ing life.

 

The Bully’s POV

That brat, why do I have to see him in my first day of school?

 

I’m late, like I care. School is boring, well everything is boring to me anyway whether at home or here at school.

 

Yang Seungho, only son of a business tycoon. That’s me.

 

Everyone thought I have it all, a perfect life. But the truth is my life is nowhere near it.  I have a mother and a father but I don’t feel any love. As their only child they raised me to excel on a lot of things, raised me to become their heir.

 

I become exemplary good at everything I did but never in my life had I heard praises from them. Yeah they always spoil me and give me all that I wanted but deep inside I know that they don’t care about me at all. How do I know? They gave me all the wants in the world but never the one that I only needed and it’s them.

 

For parents like them it’s impossible to hear an ‘I love you’, and I never heard them say something like that since forever. I did troublesome things for them to notice me but no, they just ignored it and go on their lives.

 

Sometimes I wish that they scold me for all the troubles I do every day because at least I will know for a fact that they cared even for a little bit. But I’m just a benefit to them, a tool to nurture. All they think about is themselves and their business.   

 

I feel empty inside. And I covered it by being a big jerk in school. At least in school everyone acknowledge me but still I don’t want just an admiration from people.

 

I want to feel someone loving me for who I really am. I want to know what falling in love feels like.

 

Because I don’t want to feel this emptiness anymore.

 

I my back to check on the brat just to find him sprawled on the floor. Pfft for someone tall, he sure is a looser. You deserved it mother*cker...

 

I would not admit it myself but I envy him.

 

He does whatever he wants, no one to stop or reprimand him. Even if he dresses weirdly, he doesn’t care of what everyone would think. Even though everyday everyone bullies him, he never let it go inside his head and just waved it all up.

 

It irritates me to hell. How can he act like it’s nothing?

 

Everyone that was bullied here in school transferred immediately, but he from the start never fall. He’s not afraid of anything, of being rejected while me is frightened of it. Rejection, yeah I’m scared of being rejected by people and by my parents. Because I don’t want to feel that I’m alone...even though I’m already are.

 

He really irritates me and his guts. It makes me want to bully him to death. I want to break him, yes he should...

 

He should cry.

 

He should pity himself.

 

He should think of ending his life.

 

But no... he stood up for himself and never backed out. And he is brave enough to do so.

 

That’s why I envy him. And I hate him for it.

 

He has the only thing that I want.

 

His ing courage.

 

 

 

---

 

 

No one’s POV

 

It’s painful. The hooded guy got closer at the edge of the bridge.

 

Very painful. Closer and closer, he looked down on the river strongly flowing from the wind. The sound of the wave is calming his broken heart.

 

Another step will lead to his end. His much anticipated end. Tempting to walk another foot he closed his eyes and feels the wind. The cool air dried his tears away leaving only the marks of pain behind.

 

Just a step closer and all of this pain will go away. He went closer.

 

No more. He wants to suffer no more. Tonight would be the last of the tortures that he would bear. He gave up all the hope, the hope of trying to get away from the hell that he’s in. He just couldn’t live another day of suffering from the clutch of his father and step mother.

 

His goal to live and study to Seoul crushed the moment they found where he was hiding all of his savings. And just with one night they wasted it all, spending it on gambling and drinking.

 

And they never did stop at that. They went home that night and beat him until he cannot manage to walk and demanding him to earn more money even. The funny thing is they never did hit his face. Maybe they thought that if they bruise it, people will start to speculate.

 

Genius parents.

 

He just couldn’t take it anymore.

 

So he wanted to give up. Give up his goal and just die.

 

I’ll end this. Then he jumped.

-

-

-

-

-

But wait, someone is preventing him.

 

He felt a hard grip on his waist, desperately hugging him close. He turned to look at the person that stopped him from jumping.

 

His eyes widen never believing what he was seeing. His tears welled up on the brim of his eyes. He never expected this.

 

This person. The bully.

 

“What the are you doing!?”

 

The first tear escaped his eyes and then followed by a bunch of emotions. It’s the first time in his life that someone would willingly look like that for him.

 

A person with worry written all over his face. It’s a first. No one ever felt any sentiment for him like that.

 

“Y-yah why are you crying?” He gazed at the person who was wiping his tears gently. Another surprise, he was never treated gently by this person.

 

The jerk that made his life worst than hell. His eyes were full of tenderness. No mischievousness at all, no devilish smiles, no wound giving words. Just a hand of the bully rubbing his tears with so much care.

 

“ing YangSeungho.... why are you here!?” Sanghyun asked between sobs.

 

“I should be the one asking you that! Why are you here at this time of the night and did you just try to jump!?” Seungho hissed angrily.

 

Sanghyun was shocked at his response. He was very different from the Yang Seungho he knew. So he can be like this for someone.

 

“I ah- leave me alone. I just want to die.” bowing his head down, Sanghyun bit his lip.

 

“What the !? Where is the weird hooded brat who never cared for the world!? With just a little bullying you’ll commit suicide!?” Seungho scolded him. “I thought that you’re strong!”

 

Knowing this, Sanghyun widened his eyes. He thought I’m strong? He thought of me that way?

 

“It’s not about school, it’s-“he hesitated to answer.

 

“! Just answer it! It’s about what!?” Seungho interrupted by yelling. He was ing demanding.

 

“Its family matters okay..... and don’t ask me what it is.” Sanghyun spoke. He turned to stare at the other’s reaction just to find yet another surprise.

 

Seungho’s eyes softened. “Family matters? I-I understand.” He said as he averted his eyes from him. “Sorry about that.”

 

Something swelled up inside Sanghyun, hearing his response. It was resentment.

 

“YOU WON’T UNDERSTAND, YOU HAVE A PERFECT FAMILY!” he growled. “I don’t want your pity!” then he walked away to leave.

 

Before Sanghyun can step any further he was pulled harshly. He looked up to see Seungho’s eyes boring into him, the man was gripping him dangerously close.

 

“You’re wrong. I don’t have a perfect family like you people thought.” Seungho glared, sadness reflected on his eyes.

 

And that’s when Sanghyun realized something. That’s when THEY both realized it.

 

Sanghyun realized that everything that Seungho has might not look like what it seems to be, he’s life is not perfect although he acted like it was.

 

And Seungho realized that the courage that Sanghyun has might not be actually there from the start and he was just bearing it all inside.

 

They were somehow the same.

 

Alone and empty.

 

A tinge of admiration for each other sparked inside their hearts.

 

What they want doesn’t matter anymore, because deep inside they knew that they would need each other in the future.

 

Yes, they will need each other because they were both the same after all.

 

 

 


Done!

The original is not really a oneshot but since I'm not finish with it yet and I have too many fics hanging I decided to mark this seungdoong version as complete. Sorry if it seems rushed but as I said it's supposed to be long and it's only the first chapter of the original version :)

 

plase do comment and subscribe :)

if ever I recieve a good feedback I might write a sequel, a bit different from the original version but I can't guarantee, I have too many fics at hand T_T but if you want to check the original, thunderXyou, you can find it here: (just imagine it as seungdoong kekeke)

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/393002/14/love-chooses-nobody-mblaq-stories-byunghee-joon-mblaq-mir-seungho-thunder-you

it's full of mblaq stories.....and yes, I'm kinda shamelessly advertising this one, please check it out, thank you! *bows*