December 25

12 days of Christmas: EXO oneshot collection

"Hey Kyungsoo! Wake up!" Chanyeol yelled through the locked door of kyungsoo's room. "It's Christmas!" He added, knocking this time. After a few knocks, Kyungsoo finally woke up. Well he was still half-asleep. He slowly opened his eyes, annoyed by the noise Chanyeol was creating. 

"Kyung-" 

"I'm up!" Kyungsoo replied, not letting Chanyeol finish. He lazily sat up, slowly rubbing his eyes. He stretched upward while letting out a yawn. He looked at the door and thought that chanyeol might have left even though he still heard man-giggling on the other side. He looked around his room. The Christmas vibes filled up his room. Christmas lights, A small christmas tree by his window and a photo of his ex-girlfriend on his bedside table.

Yes. His past girlfriend reminded him of Christmas. Sadly, They broke up on that day. Exactly on Christmas. Good things aren't the only things happening on this day. He took her picture and stared at it for a while, reminiscing the day he regret the most.

"Merry Christmas, Kyungsoo!" Sanghwa yelled, handing over a gift to her boyfriend who was busy texting someone. "Open it, Kyung." She said, excited to see Kyungsoo's expression. He looked at her then opened the gift wrapped in a simple white and gold christmas paper. Tearing the wrapper one step at a time. He widened his eyes at the sight of the gift. 

"What is this?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the present sanghwa gave. His voice wasn't that appealing.

Sanghwa's smile faded away as she gently took the present away from kyungsoo. He didn't even hesitate to give it back. "You don't like it?" Sanghwa asked, trying to keep her tears in. Kyungsoo sighed and gave Sanghwa a quick glare. "I'll be debuting next year and you gave a cake?" He started, facing Sanghwa. 

"You know that I'm changing my diet because the company said so. No Sweets. I told you that!" He added, his gesture getting bigger by each word. He was annoyed. Sanghwa's feelings were dying to burst. Kyungsoo used to love sweets especially cake and this cake wasn't any other cake. She baked it herself even though she doesn't know how to cook nor bake.

"Don't you want me to do something I really love? Cause there's no good thing in life right now!" He kept on going.

"You're so self-" Kyungsoo stopped. Sanghwa had slapped him. She bursted into tears. "Nothing good is in your life right now?" She managed to say through her sobs. "I am not good?"

You're the selfish one, Kyungsoo. That career of yours is the most important thing to you right now. I know but you shouldn't take avantage of the things you have now. Like your parents, your life, me." She said, standing up and grabbing her things. Sanghwa walked quickly to the door. "Where are you going?" He stopped her but his tone was still 'mad'. "If you walk out that door, We're done!" He yelled, standing up and facing sanghwa. Her back was facing him. Sanghwa sighed. 

"Goodbye Kyungsoo." She said, completely leaving. 

"Kyungsoo! Get up!" Suho suddenly yelled out of nowhere. "We have a concert today!" Suho added. Right. The Christmas Wonderland concert of SMtown week. Kyungsoo quickly placed Sanghwa's picture down and ran around his room to fix himself up. 

After an hour, They arrived at the dome where they will perform with their seniors, F(x). Kyungsoo was walking casually into the building when their manager stopped him. "Kyungsoo, stop looking for someone during the concert." His manager ordered, making kyungsoo's eyes widen. 

"Was it that obvious?" He thought, scratching the his head. He was hoping that Sanghwa watched their concert. "Yes. It was obvious if that's what you're thinking." The manager said before leaving him. Kyungsoo sighed and patted his face. "Keep yourself together, kyungsoo. you're D.O today." He said to himself, slapping his face gently. 

"Hey bro, You okay?" Baekhyun asked, observing Kyungsoo. He wrapped an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Nervous?" He asked. Getting a nod as a response from Kyungsoo. "About Sanghwa?" Baekhyun added, smirking a bit. Kyungsoo nodded but shrugged right after. Baekhyun patted Kyungsoo's head. "Don't be. What are you going to say if she was here?" Baekhyun asked, emphasizing on the word 'was'.

Kyungsoo couldn't think of anything. "I have no idea." 


"Guys, Get ready. First snow in 5 minutes!" One of the staff yelled backstage where all the members of exo were preparing for their next stage. Their manager stepped up to Kyungsoo once again. "Kyungsoo, Look at your fans. Stop searching for someone!" He said, pointing at Kyungsoo. "Searching and Looking are somehow different." He added. Kyungsoo nodded.

"But this song reminds me of her. All songs do." He thought, looking down. He tried to keep Sanghwa away from his mind but the moment he stepped on stage with the intro for first snow playing, She once again entered his mind. He just smiled and sang his part, trying to act like nothing is in his mind.

He slyly looks around. There was a fan who was pushing the one infront of her. The one infront was wearing this kyungsoo print-out mask, which he found amusing. The one wearing the kyungsoo one got pissed and took off the mask to glare at the pushy girl. "Stop." She mouthed.

When she faced back infront, Kyungsoo immediately stood up. "Sanghwa! That's Sanghwa!" He was screaming in his head. Sanghwa didn't notice kyungsoo and once again, put on the mask. Xiumin kicked Kyungsoo's leg to signal that his part is coming up. He sang it but his voice was shaky. 

He was on the urge of running to her but something is telling him not to. The song ended. They all bow-ed before their fans. When they went backstage, Kyungsoo was in a daze. He fell down on the chair right beside their dressing room. "You okay?" Baekhyun asked, placing his hand on Kyungsoo's left shoulder.

"I-I s-sa-w. I saw her." He stammered, tears slowly filling up his eyes. "Sanghwa?" Baekhyun asked, widening his eyes. Kyungsoo couldn't keep it in. He became weak for Sanghwa. He rested his face on his palms as he let his tears out. "I'm so stupid. I couldn't even run to her." He managed to say. 

After the concert, Kyungsoo peeked through the small opening under the stage. Everyone was leaving, except for Sanghwa who was staring at the empty stage. The security saw that Sanghwa was the only one inside the dome. "Miss, Please leave now." They tried to say it as politely as possible. Sanghwa nodded and took one last look at the stage. "Merry Christmas." She said, facing the security guard. 

"Merry Christmas." The security replied as he escorted her out. 

Suddenly, The lights were turned off. A spotlight was the only source of light. It was on the stage but there was no one on it. "Sanghwa." Kyungsoo said through a mic. His voice filled up the entire dome. Sanghwa couldn't see anything and so does the security. She felt someone grab her and pulled her into a hug. 

"I want to go back to you. I can do anything. Even If all of my life till now disappears girl." She heard Kyungsoo's voice by her ear. He was singing the bridge of first snow whole-heartedly. Sanghwa couldn't move. Her chest was becoming heavy. She was trying not to cry. She felt Kyungsoo's sincerity.

"Kyungsoo, I-" Kyungsoo placed a finger on her lips to stop her. The lights went on. The security saw them but Kyungsoo gestured him to leave and so he did. "I'm so sorry, Sanghwa. I know there are common words but I was stupi-" Sanghwa placed a finger on Kyungsoo's lips. She smiled. Her smile showed pain, love, forgiveness.

Kyungsoo started to sob. "Men don't cry. I'm not--" Kyungsoo stopped. His eyes widened when he suddenly felt sanghwa's lips on his. Before pulling him into a much deeper kiss, Sanghwa cupped Kyungsoo's face. "I'm your biggest fan, Kyungsoo. I've been supporting you since highschool. I love you." 

"I love you too, Sanghwa. very much."