1

Disguise

The crowd cheered as the ball went in the net, the final buzzer ringing throughout the whole court. Henry pumped his fist in the air and cheered loudly with the crowd as his teammates lifted him up in the air and chanting his name.Kris grinned at him, holding the championship trophy in his hand; the graduating seniors, Donghae hyung and Eunhyuk hyung ruffled his hair affectionately yelling, "You did good, kid" in his ear; Jungmo and Taecyeon patted him on the back (a little bit too hard, if you ask him) and chanted his name along with the team. Henry scanned the room and looked for a familiar face, his grin growing wide as he saw her. 

Amber grinned as she met Henry's eyes, giving him two thumbs up.She watched as Henry yelled for his teammates to put him down before jogging up to the bleachers where she was. 

"Henry-oppa! Nice game!" Jinri greeted beside Amber, beaming at Henry as he stopped in front of them. 

"Thanks, Jinri." Henry grinned back. "You're going to the after party, right?"

"Of course!" Jinri nodded excitedly."I'm going now, though. I better leave you two alone." She giggled before leaving them, waving at them for the last time before yelling, 'yay, team!' to the rest of the basketball team below, her foam finger waving in the air. Jinri hopped off the bleachers, her laughter ringing in the air. 

"So," Amber started. "You did good.I'm still better, though." 

Henry chuckled. Trust his girlfriend to remind him that she's better at him in everything. "Of course you are."

"Still," Amber said, shyly taking his hand. "Congratulations."

Henry broke into a face-splitting grin, lightly squeezing her hand. She looked up to meet his gaze, mirroring his grin and Henry quietly thanked the heavens above for giving him the courage to ask her out three months ago. 

"I'll wait for you at the school's entrance, okay?" She said, letting go of his hand. Henry immediately missed the warmth. Amber was about to go when he suddenly grabbed her wrists, pulling her back to him and making her land on his lap. 

"Dude, what the hell?" Amber whined. Henry chuckled and pressed a kiss against her cheek. Amber froze on his lap and Henry laughed. She was never really into displaying affection in public and Henry was the exact opposite. He loves holding her hand in public (and in private), loves brushing her fringe out of her eyes, loves kissing her on the cheek, on her forehead and occassionally, on her lips all of which earned him a kick on the shin and a warning that she'll injure him until she was sure that he can never play basketball again. But Henry does it again and again (but Amber never really did injured him) because he wants everyone to know that this beautiful girl is his. 

"Thought you forgot something." Henry shrugged innocently.

Amber glared at him. "Do that again and I swear I'll--"

"Injure me and make sure that I won't be able to play basketball again." Henry finished with a chuckle. "So violent."

Amber's glare intensified and Henry cowered down a little and loosened his grip on her waist. 

"I'll see you later. And make sure you take a shower, okay?" 

*~*

"No offense, Henry, but why are you with Amber-ssi?" Eli suddenly asked and Henry stopped middway into putting his shirt to raise his eyebrows.

"Excuse me?" he scoffed.

"I mean, Amber-ssi isn't exactly a girlfriend material." Jungmo continued and Henry has half a mind to strangle him right then and there. 

"I agree." Taecyeon agreed, emerging from one of the shower cubicles with only a towel wrapped around his waist."You're pretty popular, Henry. You know, I heard Dasom-ssi is interested in you."

Henry was ready to tackle and beat the living daylights out of them (which is kind of impossible because Taecyeon is pretty huge and bulk and scary and Jungmo can probably hit him with his guitar) because he's perfectly happy with Amber and he doesn't give two s about anyone else. 

Donghae must have noticed his distress and decided to put a stop to the situation before it gets ugly. "Henry is perfectly happy with Amber, guys. Let's just be content with that."

Henry flashed a grateful smile to his hyung.

*~*

'Will be late for the party. Something came up. See you.' was Amber's text message to him half an hour earlier. Where is she? All of her friends were already in the party and there's still no sign of her.He spotted Jinri by the bar, talking to one of his teammates, Chanyeol and decided to just ask her where Amber was or if she'll even attend the party at all. 

"Hey Jinri, have you seen Amber?" he asked, fidgeting with the coke in his hand. 

Jinri's smile made him feel a little bit at ease but her vague answer made him worry more. "Don't worry oppa, you'll find her soon."

That was all he got from her before she dragged Chanyeol out of the house, rambling about how he should teach her basketball because he's so good at it. Henry sighed. Maybe he should just ask Kris. This is his house and he might have seen her around. He spotted him by the bar but before he could approached him, he felt a tug on his sleeve. He smiled, thinking it was finally Amber but his smile faltered when he turned around and finding a different girl. A pretty one. With shoulder length hair curled into soft waves. He furrowed his brows in confusion because he was sure that she's not from their school.

"Do I know you?" Henry asked. The girl didn't answer but she grabbed his wrist, taking him to a room and Henry was starting to panic. Where the hell is Amber and who the is this girl? The girl shut the door behind her with a soft thud before pinning Henry against the wall, fingers lightly tracing circular patterns on his chest. Henry was internally screaming.His eyes snapped open though, when he felt her hot breath fan his lips and found that the girl was dangerously close and just a few more inches, she would have kissed him and that's something that he doesn't want to happen. So with a gentle push, he fended her away, keeping her at arm's length.

"Look miss, you're really, really pretty but I have a girlfriend." he informed and the girl tilted her head to the side as if wondering why he was saying that. 

Henry sighed, irritably tugging on his hair out of frustration. "I know people say that we're not really compatible and she's not a girlfriend material but I'm happy with her. And that should be enough right?" Henry didn't know why he was ranting to a stranger, especially after the said stranger tried to kiss him but Jungmo and Taecyeon's statements earlier kept bugging him all day.

"I mean, sure she doesn't dress all girly and she doesn't have long flowing hair and doesn't wear makeup but she's still really pretty. No, beautiful - inside and out. I don't know why people can't see that! She has pretty eyes, and really pretty smile and I love his short hair because it doesn't get into my face when it's windy outside, plus it makes her look like a pixie-- I'm rambling, aren't I?"

Henry looked at the girl, half expecting her to be irritated but was surprised when she smiled softly at him. Wait. Why was that smile so familiar?

"You really mean that?" she finally spoke.

"Amber?!" Henry exclaimed as he recognized her voice.

Amber chuckled, wrapping her arms around Henry's waist and burrying her face in his chest. "It's me." 

Henry blinked a few times, processing the fact that the girl who tried to kiss him earlier adorned in a skirt and makeup was the same tomboy that he's dating. "What happened?"

Amber looked up, frowning as she tried to explain. "I asked for Key's help because..."

Henry sighed, finally understanding why she did this. "You heard what my teammates said, right?"

Amber's head dropped in shame as a confirmation. Henry sighed again, finally wrapping his arms around her and propping his chin on top of her head. 

"Amber," he started. "Don't listen to them. You're fine just the way you are. You don't have to wear dresses or grow your hair long or wear make up to be my girlfriend. I love you even if you're so unrefined and a douche."

"Hey!" Amber protested and lightly threw a punch on his chest. 

Henry only chuckled and tightened his embrace. "Don't listen to them, okay?"

Amber sighed into his embrace burying her face further into the material of his shirt, finally feeling more at ease. "Okay."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I accidentally deleted this fic on my phone so I had to write it again so pardon if this :( I really need to stop writing fics on my phone.