"Yehet."

Best Crappy Friends Forever

Jongin and Sehun’s relationship was quite interesting to say the least. It all started at their fine arts high school, where they’d spent hours upon hours in the studio practicing the choreography over and over until it was completely etched in their mind. After hours of rehearsals and practicing turned into stops at the nearest convenience store for ramyun because there was nothing better to do. And that later turned into spending some time at each other’s houses to work on projects because why would they pick someone they didn’t know when they had each other?

Long story short, afternoons led to tons of sleepovers, and it got to the point where half of Sehun’s clothes were at Jongin’s house and vice versa, and whatever they didn’t have, they borrowed from each other. (Except pants, because please, Sehun looks like a scrawny tree next to Jongin)

But their friendship was always a spectacle.

“Hey, dumb, did you do the homework?”

“….Yeah, why would I give it to you?”

“Because, Sehunnie~! I was too busy playing this game yesterday, and I didn’t have a chance to do it! One more time, Sehun-ah, let me see one more time!”

Sehun looked up from the desk he rested his head on, “You and I both know this isn’t the last time you’re going to be asking me for this.”

“Please Sehun-ah!”

Sehun sighs, and he knows for a fact that he’s won. “You owe me bubble tea.”

Jongin raises his fist in the air “Yush! You got it Sehunnie! One bubble tea right after school!”

“Yah! We have a rehearsal afterschool today!”

“Ah, right!” Jongin says as he scratches the back of his head, “Next time for sure!”

And Sehun does nothing but rolls his eyes and lays his head back on the table because he knows he’s never going to get that bubble tea.

 

“Yah, beanstalk, wait for me!” Jongin yells after school, running towards the dance studio for another grueling afternoon of sweat and tears.

“Hurry up, kkamjong! I’m not slowing down!” Sehun says as he continues his journey towards the dance studio that he will basically be living in until he gets his steps down.

“Aye, why don’t you like me?” Jongin says, running up to him and wrapping his arm around his tall lanky best friend.

“Why would I like you? You’re ugly and lazy, and it takes me forever to drag you out of bed.”

“But you put up with me anyways because you loooooove me!”

“Whatever floats your boat,” Sehun says as he pushes Jongin off and opens the door “Come on, time to get our butts kicked.”

“You said it man.”

 

Fast forward about 6 hours and Jongin and Sehun are laying on the floor, covered in sweat. Sehun all but reluctantly pulled himself up and went for his bag and grabbed a water bottle, muttering a quick “Yah, Jongin” before tossing it to him and grabbing one of his own.

“Want some ddeokbokki?” Sehun says after taking a swig of his water.

“Hmm, you treating?” Jongin says, his eyebrows raised.

“Yeah, I think I can manage that today.”

“Let’s do it. Sleepover at my house, I think we deserved it after all this work.” Jongin replies, standing up and helping Sehun up.

“Yehet.” Was all he got in reply as Sehun grabbed his bag and opened the door for Jongin, and that was enough.

 

That’s not to say that Jongin did nothing but except things that Sehun offered. He prided himself for being the best pep talker ever. He believed his words could change the universe, and he could honestly be class president if he wasn’t so lazy.

So that’s why when he and Sehun were laying in his bed at two o’clock in the morning after they had finally decided it was time to hit the sack because they still had school the next day, and Sehun couldn’t sleep due to the insecurities playing in his head, Jongin knew it was his duty to help.

“Jongin, you asleep?”

“Ah.”

“Do you really think I’m a lazy dancer?”

That cause Jongin to open his eyes and turn to look at his friend. “Why on earth would you say that?”

“I don't know, people have just been saying things lately.”

Jongin nudges Sehun in the forehead with his finger. “Yah, Oh Sehun, you’re totally an awesome dancer. You’re like my partner in crime! Now shut up, and stop thinking too much. I don’t think your head can hold much more.”

He earns nothing more than a face full of pillow and an “… night” from Sehun, but Jongin knew that Sehun knew what he meant. And Jongin knew that Sehun’s reply really meant “Thanks, you’re pretty awesome.” Or at least something along those lines.

 

Years later, after they graduate from their high school, and are on their way to the new adventure that is the college campus, Jongin could honestly say that he and Sehun knew each other like the back of their hands. Why? Because senior year brought them to hell and back, because nothing’s worse than studying for college exams and their last dance showcase right when an awesome new video game just came out.

That being said, Jongin knew that no matter what, Sehun would always be there him. That’s why, when He and Kyungsoo had another argument about god-knows-what, and he calls Sehun up at midnight with nothing but “Sehun-ah… I know it’s late, but Kyungsoo and I got in a fight,” he’s not surprised when he hears a sigh on the other end and the words “Plug the controllers in, I’ll be there in ten.”

And Sehun did just that, showing up only a bit after 12:10 with Mortal Kombat and bags of chips, and Jongin felt like hugging the life out of him.

“Here , you knew how long it took for me to find a place that was open? Bow down peasant.”

Scratch that, he hated him.

But Sehun knew that times like this, Jongin didn’t need anyone to sit there and talk things out with him. He needed to vent his anger out by beating the hell out of Sehun’s character (and it’s only times like this that Sehun lets it go) and pig out on unhealthy snack foods.

It’s not until Jongin decides to turn off the game, complaining that his thumbs are sore and it’s time to sleep, and only then that Sehun can say what he always says.

“Talk to him.”

And Jongin does, because he’s a sissy that loves the life out of Kyungsoo, and he couldn’t stay all that mad anyways; not when his squishy baked him an apology cake.

 

But Jongin knew his work was cut out for him when Sehun shows up in front of his door in the pouring rain, with a face that could break anyone’s heart, and tells him that his mom’s sick and he had nowhere else to go because his Luhan had gone back to China for the holidays. And anyone that really knew Oh Sehun knew that the disinterested face that he put up was just a front, and he’s actually one of the softest, most delicate guys in the world. And that meant Jongin would give up everything to protect him.

So he pulls Sehun inside and guides him towards his bed, and only then does Sehun let out his tears. And Jongin could do nothing but hold him and go “Shh, I’m right here, I got you. Everything’s gunna be okay.” It’s only when the sniffles subsided and were replaced with rhythmic breathing, that Jongin finally let go and pulled the blanket over them.

He also went with Sehun the next day to the hospital to find out that yes, his mom’s ok, and that yes, she’s be home in a few weeks.

 

College life is going to be tough. And they thing’s they’ll face this time will be even harder than picking which game to play or deciding if now was the right time to sleep because they had class the next day. And along with that were their own significant others, a demonic squishy and a little deer. But Jongin figured that as long as Sehun was around, he’ll be fine. Right?

“Yehet.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I needed to add yehet in there, because I absolutely die everytime Sehun does it. 

Please please please forgive me if this story has any mistakes. I just wanted to post this while I had the motivation and the story line. BUT I plan on going back and editing it some other day. So please, rate comment and subscribe!